Xmas raffle for my site

G-Force
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I know its a long time away but I'm hoping to do a xmas raffle this year on my website ghostwolves.co.uk My dad is ok with the idea so the legal side of things is not a worry as he will look into it. Obviously can't do any guns but it will be stuff like BB's and attatchments. This is not definately going to happen but I would like anyones thaughts on it :)

If people bought the tickets there might be a thing where I have to register as a buisness or whatever not quite sure how it works. Don't know wheather the raffle tickets will cost anything yet, it depends on how much I get the stuff for. My dad is obviously UKARA qualified but I still doubt I can do guns in the raffle and it would be to expensive anyway. If I wanted to guns, Im very good friends with jason who runs Red 1 airsoft, could I do it that way somehow?

• AF-UK Founding Member

You don't have to register for a business. The problems with guns if you charge entry is you are still effectively selling them. That's fine if it's a 2-tone and the person is 18 or a RIF and the person has a defence, otherwise no.

• 4 weeks later...

we do raffles alot and you have to pay VAT on all raffle tickets and register as doing a raffle with your local councils. also you need to get a licence to do an event (as it is a licensed event) a temporary notice is around £28 quid. Obviously this is doing it the above board way.

You also have to have receipts for all the prizes.

In terms of Ukara you are selling a raffle ticket and if your raffle ticket is pulled out then you win things, unfortunately you cant put a non 2 tone gun in it.

Its the same as beer and wine in raffles if you have alcohol you must then ask every one for ID to ensure they over 18.

And if you are taking peoples emails names addresses and telephone numbers you must do data protection notices and inform the council of the information.

Or ignore all this use common sense and enjoy.

Y dont u do a lil 40 quid orange m85 g36c or somink, ill defo enter tht, jw, wens our next match, i havent got a snipet yet, just a lil d90-h but so i know wen i need 1 by

I dunno when our next match is and thanks for the link in your signature.

I agree with Dev and Jack I don't think most people would like a £40 gun that they couldn't use. The eotech is probably the best option. :)

EDIT: thanks to tashidalek for the info you must have posted at the same time as me ;)

couldnt you get a voucher for so much off. alot of business will give them as if they give you a £20 quid voucher your more than likely gonna spend £60 around.

There is a conference in sheffield friday and saturday and its costing £450K but the council say that at least £2Million will be made over them 2 days. so some one giving you a £20 quid vucher are more than likely gonna get around £40 quid on top of the voucher.

Try newer stores which have only just opened as its good getting a base for customers and a voucher would get this. And always make sure you have the prize before you say what a prize is. First raffle i did we were promised a Car which never turned up so we had to give them that amount of cash for the car.

Sorry if my example are a bit long winded but i do raffles alot and nothing ever seems to go wrong.

im sure jason would make a voucher or something for alex to use

Two others as that dont work:

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info...products_id=354

Or:

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info...roducts_id=4504

Or:

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info...roducts_id=4630

Or:

www.zerooneairsoft.com/product_info.php?cPath=286&products_id=4624

I know loads of places I can get stuff from so don't worry too much but thanks anyway ;)

Maybe our sponser can give us some stuff for the raffle as they already give us guns and stuff to review for the website (there will be a video of the magpul masada coming soon). I'll keep you guys posted :)

a video review? :D

EDIT just saw that you said video review and awesome oh and im sure if you buy a few gazillion bb's from jason would be fine! LOL

yep ACOG or EOTECH or whatever, would be amazing!

Archived