Quality BB's.....Brands and where from?

Shaddow
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi,

Still being quite new to the airsoft world, I have now bought my own guns and understand the importance of quality ammunition.

Can anyone shed some light of what are good brands and best places to buy from?

Amoeba / Rockets / G&G / BLITZ etc......

Ive seen some Rockets Platinum for a very good price, but not sure of what the quality is actually like....

Thanks

I have found ASG and G&G to be reasonable in everything I have with some guns prefering the G&G and producing exceptional accuracy, but the G&G 416 I had didn't show any benefit to them.

• Supporters

I have used ASG Blaster .20g for AEG testing through my chrono but normally used G&G .25g for playing

ASG blasters. I use there 0.2s in pistols and grenades and the 0.25 tracers too. Airsoft zone Romford are where I usually buy from, they give you a quid off each bottle when buying 3+ which is nice. Postage can be a killer but you have to counter that by buying in bulk.

• Supporters

Ares Amoeba BBs are awful, I had to disassemble my Krytac LMG boxmag to get them out, which was fun. Lo and behold put some blasters in and no issue whatsoever.

I always recommend these:

http://www.socomtactical.net/Box-of-12-ASG-Blaster-025g-3000-bottle

If you want to save some money buying in bulk, as mentioned Airsoft Zone do some good bulk deals too. I'd say it's advisable to try a bottle or two of a given brand before bulk buying in case your gun doesn't like them.

• Head Moderator
  • 2 weeks later...

Has anyone used Rockets Platinum BB's?

Can only find limited reviews online, all seem good and much improved over the standard Rockets.

• Supporters

The old ones above 0.40 were great but swelled after about 2 months. Those are out of production by now as far as I know but I don't know how the new batch is.

Go for Geoffs or ASG. Those two are reliable and good now.

• 2 years later...

Proball BBs from SocomTactical are meant to be pretty good, and seem a reasonable price too. 

I have been using Longbow 0.25 Bios, and now G&G 0.25 Bios and can't tell much difference if any.

Really dont rate blasters - have jammed more than 1 gun.  G&G are my go to for pretty much every weight.  

Archived