Help With Airsoft Field Startup

Jake117
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

who dares wins! :D I hope everyone knows where that motto is from otherwise I will be slightly disturbed :P All buisnesses have to start somewhere. many of the best buissnessman have started with nothing. With good ideas, a solid plan and the rest Im sure you can make this work but I reckon its going to take you a bit of time to build up your funds until you can start working on this.

Bit off topic but my dad is a chauffeur and drove bill gates a couple of times. Each time he drove him we had to go and buy m&m's as he has a strange obsession with them :huh:

Well, interesting post to say the least, I have been a co owner of a site for coming upto 5 years, and marshalled for 3 prior to that, and I can assure you finding land to airsoft on is far from easy, with access and planning permission a huge issue, especially if you wish to build anything on site.

when you do find a site there is all of this to be done, H&S risk assessments, a child protection policy, insurance (various leisure companys out there around £750 for 3 mill public liability a year) hire guns, mags, batterys, masks, camoflague, safe zone to be considered, marshals, and if you want to do food food and hygiene to sort, registration with the local council and contacting the local police and locals near your site to try and alleviate the possible complaints etc and a good idea and knowledge of Airsoft games (TOTALY different from playing them) advertising as just opening a site usualy has you a player base of your mates to begin with,

thats before you get into negotiations with land owners who can be VERY, VERY protective of there land, if you go for urban it even worse with possibility of leasing/solicitors fee's etc pending the size/location etc!

And then you never get to play because your too busy all day sorting things out and making the day enjoyable for your punters! why do I do it again! definetly not for the money I would run a paintball site for that!!!

any questions feel free to ask mate

Forgot to mention website, flyers printing, and accountant also realistically you need 25+ acres of land which as woodland to buy if it's available you can't buy now for less than around the 150k Mark?

Justin

Wow, thats a lot to think about. I do know this will be FAR from easy but I think I would enjoy the running of the business just as much as when I play (and I dont ecpect to be playing every single game either).

Anyway thanks a lot justin. That was very usefull and just the kind of information I was looking for. :D

Archived