WE Glock 19 Review

mightyjebus
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

As I mentioned before I thought I would get my hands on a WE Glock so that I could compare it to the other Glock reviews I have done on here in the past.

I picked up a WE G 19 Black and Tan pistol and below is the review.

The Packaging is a nicely done black box with a 19 label stuck on it and I imagine if you are buying the 17 version you would have a sticker saying 17 instead. Also on the outside of the box is a little tan sticker and this denotes that you are getting a Black/Tan version.

box_zps38tgtfkq.jpg

Inside the box you will find the pistol, magazine, 2 back straps, a manual and spare pins for the back straps.

open%20box_zps6vtnreuz.jpg

Taking the pistol out of the box you will see that the markings are a bit different from the real steel version. The lower frame is polymer/ABS and the upper frame and outer barrel is cast metal.

left%20side_zpsdkg2tixq.jpg

right%20side_zpsyetrcd0u.jpg

As mentioned the markings are unique to the WE models as they are a mix of RS and WE markings.

left%20side%20markings_zps9mehvzbz.jpg

right%20side%20markings_zpskiicnotn.jpg

If you are interested in the markings you should have a glock logo on the pistol grip and not Gen4, the other side should have made in Austria and not made in Taiwan and the slide should have Glock logo before the number 19. On some WE glocks you will find a Large G before the numbers (17, 19, etc) and on others you will find no markings at all so if you are looking to buy one with trades make sure you check before parting with your money.

Interestingly the 2 back straps are a slightly different colour from the lower frame. You can see it in the picture below but it's more pronounced in real life.

backstrap_zpsotoot6r4.jpg

For me it's not an issue as I'm going to replace the lower frame with a Guarder version but it seems strange that they are a different colour. Whilst I'm talking about the lower frame it's more a sand colour than a tan colour which you can compare on the last photo in this review. (Guarder Tan frame on a AA Glock 17 compared to the WE Glock 19).

The sights are the U and dot type in white and can be swapped with any TM aftermarket G17 sights.

sights_zpsyhepnx7y.jpg

The frame and Slide split as per every other Glock and the internals look to be a copy of the TM Glock 17 but shorter (same as the KJ Works Glock 19 but I'm not sure they are 100% compatible).

split_zpshjztr9hu.jpg

The WE Glock 19 outer barrel is threaded for a silencer adapter so you can add an adapter and fit whatever silencer you like.

silencer%20adapter_zpskjxe7rt6.jpg

One thing I did find out was that KJ Works magazines don't work in the WE Glock 19. They don't engage the magazine release properly so don't stay seated. Strangely the WE G19 mags work in the KJ Works G19 without any issues. You could probably file the KJ works magazines so that the cutout engages the WE magazine release or alternatively just buy WE Glock 19 magazines. The other option is to fit TM Glock 17 or WE Glock 17 magazines and use a magazine spacer like the picture below.

mag%20extender_zpsujaxnuk3.jpg

When it comes to shooting there are no major issues apart from one which I'll cover below. Filling the magazine with Guarder 1000 gas and adding 22 bb's to the magazine I fired all 22 without issue and managed another 1/2 a magazine before the magazine ran out of gas. This probably means that in the winter you should still get 1 complete bb load fired off before needing to regas the magazine making it winter skirmishable.

The FPS was around 285 and with a nice 19 degrees centigrade today it was ideal britsih weather for testing the pistol.

As I mentioned above I did have one issue and that was the hop. Fully on or off I don't get any lift on the BB. After stripping the hop unit I couldn't see anything wrong but I'll try adjusting the hop arm that presses down on the hop rubber to see if that fixes it. If not I'll look to replace some parts to get it hopping properly.

Overall it's not a bad little pistol. The negatives include paint that comes off the slide easily, Lack of hop, bad or no trade marks and a slightly sluggish recoil due to the heavy weight of the cast slide and outer barrel. To make my one shoot a bit better i'm going to replace the frame, slide and outer barrel with Guarder versions and fix the hop. I'll probably throw in an tightbore and maple leaf hop rubber as well.

I'd say it's on par with the AA Glock 17 but the AA is slightly better as it has trademarks as standard.

I mentioned above about the colour of the frame and you can see the difference below.

2%20glocks_zpsqjpsx4ve.jpg

Id recommend the maple leaf hop wheel (its stiffer and gives more allowance for adjusting in small increments) or if you want to splash out a little more a whole Maple leaf hop unit with I key, maple leaf hop rubber and maple leaf barrel (all comes as one kit from shooter combat gear)

• 2 years later...
On 11/06/2016 at 16:44, mightyjebus said:

As I mentioned before I thought I would get my hands on a WE Glock so that I could compare it to the other Glock reviews I have done on here in the past.

I picked up a WE G 19 Black and Tan pistol and below is the review.

The Packaging is a nicely done black box with a 19 label stuck on it and I imagine if you are buying the 17 version you would have a sticker saying 17 instead. Also on the outside of the box is a little tan sticker and this denotes that you are getting a Black/Tan version.

box_zps38tgtfkq.jpg

Inside the box you will find the pistol, magazine, 2 back straps, a manual and spare pins for the back straps.

open%20box_zps6vtnreuz.jpg

Taking the pistol out of the box you will see that the markings are a bit different from the real steel version. The lower frame is polymer/ABS and the upper frame and outer barrel is cast metal.

left%20side_zpsdkg2tixq.jpg

right%20side_zpsyetrcd0u.jpg

As mentioned the markings are unique to the WE models as they are a mix of RS and WE markings.

left%20side%20markings_zps9mehvzbz.jpg

right%20side%20markings_zpskiicnotn.jpg

If you are interested in the markings you should have a glock logo on the pistol grip and not Gen4, the other side should have made in Austria and not made in Taiwan and the slide should have Glock logo before the number 19. On some WE glocks you will find a Large G before the numbers (17, 19, etc) and on others you will find no markings at all so if you are looking to buy one with trades make sure you check before parting with your money.

Interestingly the 2 back straps are a slightly different colour from the lower frame. You can see it in the picture below but it's more pronounced in real life.

backstrap_zpsotoot6r4.jpg

For me it's not an issue as I'm going to replace the lower frame with a Guarder version but it seems strange that they are a different colour. Whilst I'm talking about the lower frame it's more a sand colour than a tan colour which you can compare on the last photo in this review. (Guarder Tan frame on a AA Glock 17 compared to the WE Glock 19).

The sights are the U and dot type in white and can be swapped with any TM aftermarket G17 sights.

sights_zpsyhepnx7y.jpg

The frame and Slide split as per every other Glock and the internals look to be a copy of the TM Glock 17 but shorter (same as the KJ Works Glock 19 but I'm not sure they are 100% compatible).

split_zpshjztr9hu.jpg

The WE Glock 19 outer barrel is threaded for a silencer adapter so you can add an adapter and fit whatever silencer you like.

silencer%20adapter_zpskjxe7rt6.jpg

One thing I did find out was that KJ Works magazines don't work in the WE Glock 19. They don't engage the magazine release properly so don't stay seated. Strangely the WE G19 mags work in the KJ Works G19 without any issues. You could probably file the KJ works magazines so that the cutout engages the WE magazine release or alternatively just buy WE Glock 19 magazines. The other option is to fit TM Glock 17 or WE Glock 17 magazines and use a magazine spacer like the picture below.

mag%20extender_zpsujaxnuk3.jpg

When it comes to shooting there are no major issues apart from one which I'll cover below. Filling the magazine with Guarder 1000 gas and adding 22 bb's to the magazine I fired all 22 without issue and managed another 1/2 a magazine before the magazine ran out of gas. This probably means that in the winter you should still get 1 complete bb load fired off before needing to regas the magazine making it winter skirmishable.

The FPS was around 285 and with a nice 19 degrees centigrade today it was ideal britsih weather for testing the pistol.

As I mentioned above I did have one issue and that was the hop. Fully on or off I don't get any lift on the BB. After stripping the hop unit I couldn't see anything wrong but I'll try adjusting the hop arm that presses down on the hop rubber to see if that fixes it. If not I'll look to replace some parts to get it hopping properly.

Overall it's not a bad little pistol. The negatives include paint that comes off the slide easily, Lack of hop, bad or no trade marks and a slightly sluggish recoil due to the heavy weight of the cast slide and outer barrel. To make my one shoot a bit better i'm going to replace the frame, slide and outer barrel with Guarder versions and fix the hop. I'll probably throw in an tightbore and maple leaf hop rubber as well.

I'd say it's on par with the AA Glock 17 but the AA is slightly better as it has trademarks as standard.

I mentioned above about the colour of the frame and you can see the difference below.

2%20glocks_zpsqjpsx4ve.jpg

Where did you get the spacer for the G17 magazine, if I might make so bold?

Archived