BBs rolling out the barrel!

REMSoft
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

After (FINALLY) fixing my AUG by moving around the hop rubber after replacing it, it was shooting fine! Take out battery, unload, and put into case. Today, got home, inserted battery, loaded up and now the BBs are just rolling out of the barrel. The BBs ARE in contact with the rubber, and do not roll out if I just leave it. They only roll when I (try to) fire it.

get the hop-up and barrel piece, and inspect how is the rubber + nub, inside the unit.

Carefully dis and re-assembled just now. No change.

• Supporters

Saw this on another site

Pull mag out of the gun.

Point barrel in safe direction and shoot a couple times in semi to clear the chamber.

Flip gun upside down and look into the magwell, with barrel pointed in safe direction.

Pull the trigger on semi-auto a couple times.

Observe the nozzle to see if it is traveling back and forth properly with each shot.

If it is, then you likely have a hop rubber issue of some sort, i.e. it is torn or damaged or folded onto itself.

If the nozzle isn't moving quickly, cleanly, and completely with each semi-auto shot, you likely have a broken tappet plate.

Saw this on another site

Not the tappet plate. I changed the rubber back after slightly snipping it (was causing feed problem) to the stock rubber, and no change.

if all else fails you could get a new hop rubber I heard the new VFC ones are one of the best, but this would be a bad idea ATM as you don't know the cause of the problem. Is the gun making any wierd noise when it fires? Have a look down the barrel something may be blocking it but this is most likely a problem with the hop up

The same problem recently happened to one of my guns and I found the problem was poor grade bb's sold by my site (never buying again). Getting a different brand of bb's (King Arms 0.20g) not only fixed the problem but it increased the range comparing with the poor quality ones.

if all else fails you could get a new hop rubber I heard the new VFC ones are one of the best, but this would be a bad idea ATM as you don't know the cause of the problem. Is the gun making any wierd noise when it fires? Have a look down the barrel something may be blocking it but this is most likely a problem with the hop up

No weird noises, no barrel obstructions.

This isn't looking good...

The same problem recently happened to one of my guns and I found the problem was poor grade bb's sold by my site (never buying again). Getting a different brand of bb's (King Arms 0.20g) not only fixed the problem but it increased the range comparing with the poor quality ones.

Using the AW double polished ice blues. Looks like I need new ammo anyway... I'll test the ammo in my MP5 when I get it back together (bought when it was requiring part...)

This is a strange one..... It sounds like a loss of pressure to me... Try removeing the mag and clear the chamber then stick your hand in frount of the barrel and shoot in semi to see if you have air pressure

This is a strange one..... It sounds like a loss of pressure to me... Try removeing the mag and clear the chamber then stick your hand in frount of the barrel and shoot in semi to see if you have air pressure

Tried that, too. It is still consistent.

Archived