WE M16A3 GBBR

Airsoft-Ed
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Hi, this is my first post, just joined the forum a few weeks ago. Sorry if it's a bit long...

I bought a WE M16A3 GBBR (My first GBB) from Wolf Armouries and it came the other day, I got 2 CO2 magazines for it as well, since I thought it'd be better for reliability considering we rarely get warm weather here in the UK.

The rifle came with a standard green gas mag in the box, on top of the two CO2 mags I ordered, there was even gas in it.

So to test the gun I fired off the green gas mag and it worked fine, no real problems apart from the gas discharging after a few bursts on auto because of the cold weather, which I expected, hence getting the CO2 mags, I assumed it'd stop that from occurring.

However, when I tried it with the CO2 mags, all I've been able to get out of it are problems. Mostly jams. By which I mean the bolt locks in the forward position and I can't understand why.

I'll have the mag ready to go and load the rifle as usual, but I pull the trigger and get a click.

So naturally, I go to pull the charging handle to reset the firing pin and somehow in pulling the charging handle back, which is quite hard, as it seems to lock, the rifle fires.

I've stripped the rifle down and examined the mechanism and I really can't understand how it's possible for the gun to go off from pulling the charging handle, but I get the same problem every time I try and fire a round.

Mag in, c*** the rifle. Click.

c*** the rif- BANG. I can't understand it.

Can anyone help or advise me on what's happening with it?

My only thoughts are that despite Wolf Armouries stating that the rifle is the most up to date model and consequently compatible with CO2 mags, they're actually wrong and it just isn't.

Testing it again with green gas would probably answer the question for me, it's just that I don't have any as I intended to use CO2 because it's easier and cheaper for me to get hold of.

I'll greatly appreciate all replies,

Thanks.

• Supporters

I think your better off contacting them, seems to be a lemon, Does happen maybe a problem with the factory.

Thats hope you get get a refund, or someone with GBB's replies in this thread.

i recently bought a HK 416 and i am planning to convert it to take CO2 mags, but i have been doing a lot of research on it and i found that very few GBBR's (inokatsu seems to be the only one) can take CO2 and reliably work first time, what I found was that the CO2 is basically like Nitro in a GBBR therefore it gives crisp recoil and better overall firing, but due to the sheer power it both wears down parts very quickly, and many of the different mechanisms don't catch, one of the problems i found with mine was that the cocking handle jammed to the rear forcing me to field strip the gun, however i found a guy who recommended dry cocking and firing a couple dozen times, which seems to have made the problem go away, also i have also ordered a NPAS valve system and a RA-tec trigger system because they can take the stress a lot better than stock parts. but i only have a HK416 so i would still try to find other people who have the M16 and see what else they have done.

hope this helps

geoff

• Supporters

Ive heard the NPAS systems are superb! shouldn't have any problems with in.

what site do you play it?

Some sites don't allow Co2 and Gas rifles because the varying Power differences.

Archived