UKAPU Membership now free - go and sign up!

jcheeseright
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

4 hours ago, TapZxK said:

well I have emailed them, awaiting reply. :)

Lol good luck with that, it will be interesting to see what they say.

• 5 months later...
On 05/06/2016 at 10:47 AM, jcheeseright said:

As per the title, UKAPU membership is now free - go and sign up immediately.

For those not in the know, UKAPU is a player led airsoft lobbying group which has been speaking with various parliamentary committees regarding the proposed changes to firearms law in the UK. Lobbying groups are far more effective when they have a large number of members (voters!) to back up their points. You don't need to DO anything, just stand up and be counted, if every regular airsofter in the UK signed up for a UKAPU membership their clout in various meetings would be massive, far more so than the various anti-firearms groups (mothers against guns etc).

Airsoft isn't 'under threat' right now, but the anti gun lobby is always looking for a way to limit/outlaw what we do, for no other reason than they're afraid of anything shaped like a gun.

GO AND SIGN UP NOW:

http://www.ukapu.org.uk/join/

a bit late, but done!

• 5 months later...
  • Head Moderator

<insert funny quip>

Can this thread be pinned if its not already? Its a great site, good cause and active on facebook for all of their AGM's. Plus their patches are nice and its only £10 for a year. 

• 2 months later...

What are the member benefits? This has still not been updated.

Any information on is would be great!

34 minutes ago, Dino said:

What are the member benefits? This has still not been updated.

Any information on is would be great!

Ehhh.. depending on which membership you choose, you get patches. But in essence it's payment to them to keep you updated with newsletters etc and to support the Airsoft community. Nothing is free in terms of time etc it takes them. I would say, they've done a really good job. Trying to get Airsoft into universities etc. They are in some but they want it to be a hobby anyone can pick up not need x permission from etc. £10 a year is pocket money

• Supporters

Huh, after my membership receipt (just about a year ago) I never heard anything from them again.  I've followed them on Facebook, which seems to cover all the releases on ukapu.org.uk anyway.

21 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Huh, after my membership receipt (just about a year ago) I never heard anything from them again.  I've followed them on Facebook, which seems to cover all the releases on ukapu.org.uk anyway.

That is what I’m afraid off, shame but will keep an eye on it.

• 4 weeks later...
On 14/08/2018 at 14:07, Robert James said:

Ehhh.. depending on which membership you choose, you get patches. But in essence it's payment to them to keep you updated with newsletters etc and to support the Airsoft community. Nothing is free in terms of time etc it takes them. I would say, they've done a really good job. Trying to get Airsoft into universities etc. They are in some but they want it to be a hobby anyone can pick up not need x permission from etc. £10 a year is pocket money

Signing up now. , thanks for the information. 

WHERE DOES THE MONEY GO?

Members donations will primarily be used to administrate the association and fund the activities of the association. Reasonable out of pocket expenses incurred by members conducting UKAPU business will be refunded (on prior agreement) but no salaries will ever be paid to any of the committee. At the annual general meeting all the associations’ accounts are audited and are made available for public viewing on the UKAPU minutes page.

That was taken directly from their site... No, I dont know where the Minutes page is located

• Root Admin

I've read that, but I'm hoping to see those audits. IIRC they weren't in the minutes from when I last checked (though this was over a year ago). I'm hoping someone can find them.

The Jan minutes are here for 2018: https://www.ukapu.org.uk/about/ukapu-minutes/2018-minutes/ Though I'd imagine there's some sort of totting up at some point later in the year. There are no further minutes for 2018 as of yet. https://www.ukapu.org.uk/about/ukapu-minutes/

2017 minutes included only a brief management meeting with no mention of any audit (no further minutes were available for '17): https://www.ukapu.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/UKAPU-March-management-meeting.pdf

The website is a work in progress really, there is nearly 10 years of content on there and I'm spending a few hours a week slowly improving the site - I guess this slow progress is what happens when you're trying to juggle making the site better, doing committee work and maintaining a full time job.

I'm a bit concerned that the accounts aren't publicly accessible however, I'm sure that I at the very least uploaded it to the site after the 2017-2018 AGM.

Anyhow, if you're exceedingly desperate to see just what is in our accounts as of the January AGM (and I haven't re-uploaded it by the time you see this), pop us a shout over our Facebook page (or via the contact form on our site) and I'll happily send you a copy of our statement of funds.

Additionally for those who are asking "where does the money go" - we either use it minimally it to maintain the organisation or keep it in reserve in case we need it for campaigning use. We are volunteers but unfortunately we still have to pay for travel, and was learned during the 2016 AGM, travel to Brussels sometimes can be quite expensive.

• Root Admin

You're welcome to post a copy here if you'd prefer. Are we talking records from when there was the first spike around ~2016? If so I'd happily shoot you an email if that means being able to share them on here.

We are talking 2+ years here though. I don't think it's at all unreasonable to be asking for a yearly accounting, but clearly you think it might be despite this being a promise that was made very unambiguously.

Archived