aliens colonial marine armour

geoffreym
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've always loved colonial marines from the film aliens and have even got the G&P m41a pulse rifle, but the body armor is almost impossible to find at a low price, the cheapest ive found is from america at £600 + shipping and vat and I cant justify that sort of outlay, so i thought are there any body armors out which have similar charecteristics to USCM armour (shoulder plates and abs plate) preferably in OD so i can paint it in similar colours. possibly a version of EOD armor or something similar, I remember seeing osprey with shoulder pads, Ive already figured out how to do the helmet, American m88 (the one with the skirts) helmet with a basket bolted onto the side for camera and torch.

Any and all ideas will be used, and will post up finished loadout, planning to call it UKCM.

Thanks

Geoff

Yep, along those lines, but with more integrated shoulder pads and a pronounced chest.

http://www.terryenglisharmourer.co.uk/?s=a...p;submit=Search

I looked up this guy because he did the armour for the actual films and asked for a quote (i knew it was gonna be expensive) the entire set, painted and fixed together would cost £2800, he did say though that if 10 or more sets were ordered he'd do a discount.

so, anybody got £2500 in their back pockets. :rolleyes:

Archived