pick me a winner

stav
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I am new to the airsoft world so please be gentle with me! I am looking to purchase a airsoft rifle/gun. I have budgeted for around the £300 mark what can you chaps suggest. I have been looking at kwa etc but feel inexperience may be against me! any tips you guys???

• AF-UK Founding Member

Welcome to the forums :)

£300 is a great budget for airsoft. Is this for everything including gear or just for the gun? Do you have any preferences as to what you'd like i.e. M4, MP5, AK, G36 etc etc?

Welcome to the forums :)

£300 is a great budget for airsoft. Is this for everything including gear or just for the gun? Do you have any preferences as to what you'd like i.e. M4, MP5, AK, G36 etc etc?

Sorry just had to check a copy of airsoft international to see what your on about! Quite like the look of the kwa KM4 RIS or similar does that make any sense!! Cheers

No sure about the KWA M4 but if you like the G36C I can personally say that I love my KWA KG36C, had no issues with it over the last 5 months and it has been performing consistently. I got mine for £250. As I said i you like the G36C id recommended it.

You can pick yourself up a JG m4 cqb for £200-£250 then upgrade it loads with the remaining money. My dad did that and it turned out to be a very good gun with an impressive performace. They are usually quite hot on FPS as I discovred when firing a three round burst into someone's leg and watching them fall to the ground screaming! :lol: It was nearly 500 FPS!

like dev said its all on personal preference... but by the looks of things you would like an M4... G&G do dome good guns, i own one of the cheaper ones but it performs well... you can get better ones though, you my also want to consider an ICS cheap and chearful but easily upgradeable... or if you dont like the idea of taking the gun apart... buy two! lol, are you registered with UKARA also you may want to consider were your gonna play, CQB and you would want a short gun but woodland you would want a longer one... if you play a mixture you may want to consider something with a folding stock (G36 springs to mind...) and KWA do a nice G36...

Here is an extract of a guide i wrote...

in a CQB site you want something small and

robust such as an MP5 or AK74u (two commonly used sub machine guns... which will be good in

close quarter due to the fact of them being extremely versatile... in an urban site you are going to

be wanting a very well balanced gun such as an M4 (even better if you can get one with a stubby

barrel... as it will sustain accuracy and still be easy to move around... or another thing you could

do is carry a reasonable large gun... such as an M16, and then carry a small gun as a secondary

such as an MP5k... in woodland, everything is going to be as a reasonable distance from you... so

you are going to want a reasonably long gun... such as M4's and M14's and others such as AK47's

etc. you are also going to want to check the FPS rating before you buy otherwise you may have to

pay to get it downgraded or cut your spring... which will invalidate any warranty you may have...

your gun will also have to be two tone until you get a UKARA licence (you will know what that is by

the time you come aware near getting it) another thing you may want to is rent gear and guns

until you find something that is comfortable and works with you.

if you are looking for more than just a gun check out the full guide here http://freeairsofthelper.yolasite.com/reso...uide%5B1%5D.pdf

well thats the end of my comment that you probably yawned yourself through...

Thanks,

Mitchell

like dev said its all on personal preference... but by the looks of things you would like an M4... G&G do dome good guns, i own one of the cheaper ones but it performs well... you can get better ones though, you my also want to consider an ICS cheap and chearful but easily upgradeable... or if you dont like the idea of taking the gun apart... buy two! lol, are you registered with UKARA also you may want to consider were your gonna play, CQB and you would want a short gun but woodland you would want a longer one... if you play a mixture you may want to consider something with a folding stock (G36 springs to mind...) and KWA do a nice G36...

Here is an extract of a guide i wrote...

if you are looking for more than just a gun check out the full guide here http://freeairsofthelper.yolasite.com/reso...uide%5B1%5D.pdf

well thats the end of my comment that you probably yawned yourself through...

Thanks,

Mitchell

Thanks for that.

Things have had to go a bit cheaper so what do you think of the G &G GR-16 carbine with blow back, it has a clear body and is retailing around the £170.00 mark. It seems to be getting some good reviews.Let me know,

Cheers!

Thanks for that.

Things have had to go a bit cheaper so what do you think of the G &G GR-16 carbine with blow back, it has a clear body and is retailing around the £170.00 mark. It seems to be getting some good reviews.Let me know,

Cheers!

i have that with the blue body... i find it reflects less light i would reccomend it highly and if you have the money you can get full metal ones too... the one you talking about is full metal apart from the reciever front grip and stock...

Archived