GearTech Custom Paint - http://www.geartechcustompaint.com/

Hef Legend
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey Guys,

Intro:

I thought I’d share my experience of using Chris over at GearTech to paint my Krytac PDW in a Halo theme, because……..we I’m just that much of a geek at times. I also purchased a CYMA EBR of them which I'm waiting to arrive.

I originally started to speak to Chris on here and was immediately interested in the paint work I saw, from there I had a look at the website and spotted a nice Halo paint job on a SL8 and decided I’d take the plunge and get my PDW done.

Ordering:

After some back and forth on ideas and how I’d like the gun to look etc I sent the gun off. It's worth noting if you're local you can drop the gun off, also if you purchase a gun from GearTech they'll offer a discount if you get it painted ( I was offered this when I ordered my CYMA EBR). Chris let me know as soon as the gun arrived, like a mother worrying about her first born child I pestered…..a lot. Chris always came back with updates to let me know how he was getting on.

Sometime later I got some pictures back and I wasn’t sold on it, it looked a bit to neat and tidy, I explained to Chris that it needed to be dirty, as with everything in airsoft nice and worn looks best.The next day I finally got the photo shoot images and I was extremely happy! Chris had taken on board what I said and spent the night adding some finer detail and some grime. Payment was sent over after the work was completed, I paid via PayPal.

Outcome:

Here are the gallery shots, with my ones below:

HMCXFGK.jpg

w0pS5z4.jpg

DNwVlJ7.jpg

5uBFbGt.jpg

I0jR7AH.jpg

ZwmN4mK.jpg

OaKGfwm.jpg

i7bq1zk.jpg

Overall I’m happy with the service and now have a unique rifle, certainly not to some people’s tastes but I like it.

Would I use GearTech again?

Definitely, already considering sending one of my glocks of for some work and asked about sourcing me a particular rifle. The work is great and he’s happy to listen to ideas and try new things.

Positives:

• Reasonably Priced, both the paintjob and the CYMA EBR (The cheapest I could source in the EU)
  • Helpful and actually plesant to talk to
  • Great Quality, you can see time has gone into the work
  • Good Communication
  • Has a genuine interest in the work and it shows, as opposed to most UK retailers who take your money then offer nothing else.

Negative:

• Took a long time, 5 weeks as opposed to the 2 quoted. However, there aren’t many places that offer the service and as a new company business can have peaks. Not a huge problem, but something to be mindful of.

that really does look the nuts, personally i dont like Halo lol. but the paintjob really is awesome. pretty impressed with all the pics i have seen showing the work, its not really a problem waiting a while for such a unique paintjob

that really does look the nuts, personally i dont like Halo lol. but the paintjob really is awesome. pretty impressed with all the pics i have seen showing the work, its not really a problem waiting a while for such a unique paintjob

Exactly, certainly worth the wait. Some of the mandalorian themes are pretty sweet too.

• 2 weeks later...

Does look awesome although I think I'd have to buy another Tippmann to be painted not sure I could be parted with it for that long lol.

Archived