Don't buy cheap BBs!!!

GunmanAirsoft
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Can we use cheap bbs if dey was free, or otherwise not-bought, then?

I got some $hite ahem " FANTASTIC QUALITY " FireBall 0.25's you can have - they don't jam (much)

but they go ANYWHERE but truely forwards - round corners veering left right

must be female bb's or something coz I haven't a clue where they are gonna go next

• Supporters

Suffice to say, I just added a few bags of G&G's to a recent order for testing

F*ck me please don't start saying - Oh no not them Taiwan egg shaped Bull$hit reject bb's that G&G flogg.....

TBH I find G&G BBs to be pretty good quality stuff, i normally use the .25g non bio ones and they work pretty fine in my G&G HK 416 and G&G MP5A5 which was able to hit a drain pipe about 60metres away (and yes i measured the distance) 8 out of 10 times.

The worse BBs i ever got was when i went to JustBBGuns (yes ahem) when i got my first AEG, which to be fair was a G&G M14 EBR Short so decent gun, crap shop. They gave me two complimentary boxes of Bulldog .20g BBs, i took one look at them and knew they were shite and this was in my early days of airsofting, i immediately gave them away.

• Head Moderator

its forbidden forbidden .... just like dancing *

* Unless you have a handbag. Then is is fully acceptable to place said handbag on the floor and dance around it.

• Moderators

good to see all made good in the end! :D. I was looking at BBs the other day, while online, i still have 6000+ from FFZ to use and 3000+ from Gunman, so I'm happy with them.....may be a few 1000 more if work sort out the end of month thing.....but I was looking (maybe I should use full auto more?),

Can we list good and bad then in one place?, can be useful for people

Can we list good and bad then in one place?, can be useful for people

Problem is things like Nuprol for example. The last batch we had through were excellent - virtually no problems with them at all. The latest batch (which thankfully we missed out) on were apparently so bad that Nuprol have pulled them and are sending out tracer BBs instead (which again seem to be ok, although people have had problems with previous batches)

Also - when I first put a tightbore in my TM SR16 (like 12 years ago) it wouldn't feed anything except Marui BBs, despite all the other brands being fine in every other gun. Now it's worn it will take anything I feed it although I've never put cheapo nasty stuff in it.

Brands like Marui, G&G, Excel, Blaster etc seem to be consistently good quality in my experience.

We stock a brand called "Geoff's" which have consistently been problem free and are reasonably priced. They are imported by a guy called Geoff (shock) from one of the major factories and rebranded as his own.

• Root Admin

Drop to .40s and buy Geoffs - the difference in weight is pretty negligible. All the white .43s out there are hygroscopic right now. If you really have to then Pro Balls, but those are still hygroscopic (if stored a little better from the looks of them).

Geoffs are excellent. Surface is well polished and they're hard enough that my DG didn't eat the handful I ran through it so far.

Anyone that wants to buy them, here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/Outdoor-and-Tactical-512090635639823/ Kinda hard to find in online shops right now, but that's their direct outlet.

We sell Geoffs on site:

0.2 for £8/3000

0.25 for £12/3000

0.36 for £12/1000

0.4 for £15/1000

He's hoping to introduce some 0.28 and 0.3 into the range soon as well which I'm looking forward to.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived