Putting a RDS on M15A4...

Bluegill
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Alreeeeeeeet :D

I've been trying to find a 'reasonably' priced scope or red dot sight on my M15A4 RIS but I'm a little confused about the front iron sight getting in the way. From what I've read, I'm gathering it's not advisable to try and remove the iron sight as it's the only thing holding the grip on :P

With that in mind, if a non magnifying ACOG scope or RDS was put on my RIS, would the iron sight obstruct the view?

Cheers!

You can get a front flip up sight assembly to replace the full iron sight.

Something like this:

http://www.ebairsoft.com/vltor-flip-front-sight-p-1309.html

http://www.ebairsoft.com/aabb-steel-foldab...ght-p-3563.html

Just make sure the side profile is the same as the one youa re removing, so the front sling point will still fit.

Had to do this to my brothers ICS m4 as when he removed the carry handle and fitted a RDS, the iron sight was obscuring the middle of the reticule and a tad distracting.

At airsoft distance it makes naff all difference. You set it up right and it will be fine on a riser. I have my RDS on top of my carry handle on my 97B, just like the real ones have theirs. It is zeroed to 40m. It consistantly hits a head target at 40m. As I have used it I know that at 50m I need to aim a little off, and closer aim the other way, simples. personally I would not buy the riser as I think it looks rubbish.

Cheers guys,

I'll investigate further. The riser would be a good step if it comes to it. I have got the triangular foresight though...

Maybe I should skirmish with my carry handle sights, see how they perform.

Cheers!

At airsoft distance it makes naff all difference. You set it up right and it will be fine on a riser. I have my RDS on top of my carry handle on my 97B, just like the real ones have theirs. It is zeroed to 40m. It consistantly hits a head target at 40m. As I have used it I know that at 50m I need to aim a little off, and closer aim the other way, simples. personally I would not buy the riser as I think it looks rubbish.

I had one and I didn't like it

Archived