Couple of battery and charger questions

sarni307
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I heard somewhere you shouldn't use the battery and charger that come with a rif when you get it is this true? Please clear up.

Also can someone tell me the formula for how long to charge and what rating the charger should be? For a forklift you take the mah of the battery then divide by 8 to get the minimum output of the charger and divest by 5 for the highest. Dose this apply for aeg batteries?

The capacity of a battery is stated in mA (milli-amps).

One milli-amp is one thousandth of an amp, therefore 2400mA is 2.4Amps.

The higher the milli-amp number, the longer the battery will last before a recharge is required. For example: a 2400mA battery pack will last approx. twice as long as a 1200mA pack. The capacity DOES NOT affect the velocity or rate of fire of any electric gun. The voltage of a battery pack DOES affect the rate of fire but does not affect the velocity (FPS) of any electric gun. Most AEG's (Automatic Electric Gun) are designed to run on a 8.4V battery pack.

Using a 7.2V will decrease the rate of fire by approx. 10 to 15% but the gearbox will generally last longer as it is under less strain and will also use 10 to 15% less BB's per minute of firing.

To calculate the charging times use the following formula:

Battery capacity (mah) divided by charger output (mah) multiplied by 1.4 to give charging time in hours.

For example: 1100/250 X 1.4 = 6.16 hours

Where did u find that I did try looking before posting a new topic! :rolleyes:

Also any previous posts about the charger and battery that Comes with the gun?

On Action hobbies :lol:There sarni Haha :) i think there might be problems with the chargers, but the batteries, should be fine :) they might not last long, depends on the Ma but yeah it should last long enough

The only thing is that i got a 2 pin charger, and it would take about 5 hours to charge my batts with it, that reminds me my battery is on charge, and has been for like 4 hours

Nah mate not action hobbies so dose the cheap chargers state there output on them?

Sorry didn't realise that's where you got the quote from :P

haha i think all chargers do, well all my cheap ones do, i just checked my smart charger and it says input but not output it might say it on the packaging though

• AF-UK Founding Member

1C is the capacity basically (put simply). For example you have a 2000mah battery then your 1C = 2A (2000mah). So I'm saying don't charge over this rate, charge at 2A(2000mah) charge rate maximum.

1C is the capacity basically (put simply). For example you have a 2000mah battery then your 1C = 2A (2000mah). So I'm saying don't charge over this rate, charge at 2A(2000mah) charge rate maximum.

But what dose 1c stand for? Ie 2a means 2amps etc I'm a qualified electrician and a forklift engineer but I have never heard the term 1c used for the capacity of a battery.

• AF-UK Founding Member

It's quite hard to explain.

C means "capacity" so 1 "times" "C" is the capacity of the batery

e.g.: A 2000 mah pack charged at 1C is charged at 2 amps

2c is 4 amps

10c is 20 amps and so on. Multiply the number by the capacity.

That makes sense can't say I've ever heard it before but dose make sense this is where aeg batteries are different to what I'm used to with forklifts etc with a lift truck you always charge for 8 hours so buy a charger that meets the requirements of the trucks battery. But I now know thatwith aegs you use whatever charger you have (provided output voltage is correct) and adjust the time it's charged for accordingly many thanks guys

Archived