Your first game

G-Force
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

First proper game at a site...

Well, I had my Army R85.

Chrono was fun. The gun was already knackered, but the chrono registered (in order) 432, 210, 010, 4012 (yes, really), 000, 006 and 356.

5mins into the warm-up game, I and the marshal came to the conclusion my R85 was dead. Still managed to bag 4 kills with it, despite the dead piston. Also suprised a few of the regulars when I dashed forwards and medic'd them

After that, I was given a CA G36C to borrow.

Having never used (or seen) G36 mags, I went up to one of the regualars and asked him what was possibly the stupidest question he'd ever heard - "how do I fill the mag". He stopped laughing after I explained I've only ever used STANAGs. Was a nice guy, he and his team mate (dressed as modern Germans) let me follow them around.

The main game was one of F&O's brilliant 'tactical withdrawl' type games, through a valley with stream. First time I was ever medic'd, was hilarious. A guy dressed as SO19 grabbed me by the leg, completely surprised me and yanked me down into the valley. Returned the favour. The two of us seemed to be constantly doing that throughout the game.

Afternoon game - the regulars pulled out the big guns - an M60 and an M249 were put on our team.

I had a 'CoD4 Griggs & Soap' moment, when I got hit - the guy with the M249 grabbed me by the colar, and firing his M249 in one hand, dragged me out of the line of fire.

After that, me and another guy were left to defend our base.

We didn't hear 'game over' at all. And both of us were sat for a good 15mins wondering what was going on.

All in all, a great day, and despite my R85 exploding, made me want to get involved more.

first ever time airsofting?

I crewed a Stirling event at Copehill a few years ago, "operation infinite justice" as one of the police force du chad, the thin red beret wearing line between the militias and coalition troops, we got shot. lots. :D

Ground Zero Urban. Little brother had been playing for 6 months or so, so I want with him and two of his mates (bearing in mind he is 12 years younger than me and a ###### sight fitter) Had a cracking day using a little beta spetz, climbing in and out of windows and generally knackering myself out and not looked back.

mmmm.... I remeber... thinking... WOW I AM GONNA GET SCREWED!... And that was just in the safe zone....

Yep i thought the same.i had a army r85 on hire and it was superb got shot quite alot though

My first ever game was last November at Bristol Airsoft. I was one of the first people at the site, about 10 minutes later the regulars started turning up and pulling out all many of weaponary. I just thought to myself "######... I'm so screwed" lol. They're a friendly bunch though and all let me have a look and feel of their guns.

The rental CA M15A4 is a pretty nice gun, maybe a bit too big seeing at Bristol Airsoft is a very CQB site but I got around alright.

During the safety brief I felt pretty confident in how I may perform in game but that soon changed upon first contact in the first game haha! I pretty much bricked myself and froze behind cover when the constant stream of BB's starting flying from one end of the corridor to the other. It was a 6 hour day and I estimate I only shot off about 10-15 rounds due to me simply not being quick enough and being hit before I seen them. Despite that, it was ###### GOOD FUN!

I've been going back to the site every now and then and am getting a lot more confident, plus I now have a site membership and UKARA so I can get myself a nice lil CQB weapon.

Yeah, first ever was a few months ago with a load of work mates and thier associated freinds. Only one of the group had done it before, he knew what he was doing, the knew the layout of the site and had lots of kit including a G&P M4 Tank.

We all got shot to sh*t

12 Hour skirmish at Ambush Wargames, Eversley.

We spent a couple of months planning the day and when we were there it was better than any of us had imagined it would be. A couple (Maybe 3 out of the 10) of my friends had their own weapons.

We spent the first couple of hours shooting each other after being divided into smaller squads.

Loved every minute. Spent about 45 minutes lost in thick forest and managed to fight our way out of it, only to be shot by a couple of guys that had been following us most of the way.

Never looked back since.

Archived