Mos

I reckon this will help

27 posts in this topic

When someone joins, typically, they ask "what gun should I get" everyone gets annoyed, he gets told to look through the rest of the forum and yeah. And tat thread is now abandoned, and wastes space on the server or whatever.

SO, why don't when someone new joins, they have to read through a thread to be allowed access to the rest of the forum. Now this thread contains the answer to those common questions such as, where can I find an airsoft skirmish site, what gun? what gear?

I'm sure there is a stickied thread abut this, but maybe new users have to read it, to be allowed in?

yay or nay?

People will skip it without reading or just be turned away altogether. I've seen it happen a lot with rules.

I mean did you read the rules when you joined or the privacy agreement? I sure as hell didn't.

Could just have a box above the post section in New Players and arrivals (the one you type in to create a new thread) giving a basic run down of guns and kit to get.

I'd say there's no point. It's like when you create a sales thread it automatically loads the sales template but people just delete it and type in some vague information instead.

There's a plugin for IPB that allows it to display a banner above the main forum body until X number of posts have been made (you can also do it based on time from account creation). I think until a new user makes 3 posts the forums should have a big banner with 5 links to the most popular stickies. That might mitigate the issue.

Sacarathe likes this

Some people are just lazy, its much more convenient to just type in "what to get?" and wait for suggestions. But this in my perspective is just being pure stupid (hope I don't offend anyone), beside the pew pew part in this sport there is the research part as well, where you on your own need to learn the ropes of airsofting by reading guides, reviews and so on, deciding what you like and what would suit your play style. I'm a starter myself and I have everything planed on what to get, but its on a excel doc, waiting it's turn for the shopping list. When I'm having doubts on what to get I gather few questions that need answering and start a topic, and hopefully will get the answer I need.

How many of you read the terms and conditions before ticking the box to confirm whatever it is you just want to be getting on with?

Read ??? - c'mon we are blokes, instructions, manuals, terms & conditions etc... pah that's for wimps

I don't need instructions to assemble a Lego Millenium Falcon - I'll make it even more bad ass looking

nah that ain't right, let me see the instructions - just to check I'm not missing any bits.......

Read ??? - c'mon we are blokes, instructions, manuals, terms & conditions etc... pah that's for wimps

I don't need instructions to assemble a Lego Millenium Falcon - I'll make it even more bad ass looking

nah that ain't right, let me see the instructions - just to check I'm not missing any bits.......

HEY!!! Some of us can read instructions just fine thanks!

2013-05-23%2023.11.25.jpg

And before anyone asks, no - I don't have kids.

2013-05-23%2023.11.25.jpg

yes but I bet Mrs Lozart thinks she has one big kid :)

(I have 3 but wifey says she has 4 including moi - I'm the worst one she says)

ps - lovely Falcon, did you glue the sod coz our one the ar$e kept falling out if we tried to move it

yes but I bet Mrs Lozart thinks she has one big kid :)

(I have 3 but wifey says she has 4 including moi - I'm the worst one she says)

ps - lovely Falcon, did you glue the sod coz our one the ar$e kept falling out if we tried to move it

Oh she's well aware of how big a kid I am (trust me that's the tiniest fraction of the Star Wars stuff in my house). I'm not saying it's WHY she married me but it didn't hurt!

PS - no glue, that's for cheats. Not had a problem with it falling apart either though so....I don't know, try checking the instructions? :P

Oh she's well aware of how big a kid I am (trust me that's the tiniest fraction of the Star Wars stuff in my house). I'm not saying it's WHY she married me but it didn't hurt!

PS - no glue, that's for cheats. Not had a problem with it falling apart either though so....I don't know, try checking the instructions? :P

instructions ??? - I get told all the time at work new procedures, nagged at home, if I'm doing it I reserve the right to say - pah my build - my way

(until I realise slowly - ahh yeah I see their point.......)

Lozart and ImTriggerHappy like this

Yeah and your Star Wars addiction has caused me issues.

Stupidly followed your links for replicas with my 5yr old son and now I need a second job. Thank you 😭

Original Millenium Falcon. Any thoughts on updating it to the new one, without the round dish and with a new rectangular one?

How many of you read the terms and conditions before ticking the box to confirm whatever it is you just want to be getting on with?

but that's a load of rubbish, well to me anyways.

or atleast when they log in there should be a whole page with an option to press a box that says something like "READ IF NEW to airsoft"

As the guys who post the question of "what gun to get" generally people get quite annoyed at it.

but on a complete side note.

image.jpg1_zpssnkyed8n.jpg

Original Millenium Falcon. Any thoughts on updating it to the new one, without the round dish and with a new rectangular one?

Original...and best.

I'll not be "updating" it but I might get a second one. I want the carbon freezing chamber first though...

ImTriggerHappy likes this

Original...and best.

I'll not be "updating" it but I might get a second one. I want the carbon freezing chamber first though...

I want the sand crawler.
Lozart likes this

ok im banning my son from the occasional look on the forum with me incase he spots this thread!

lego? Pshh ;)

20160424_202538_zpsqanlf8rj.jpg

Lego is the best invention ever.

Model kits are for strange geeky people who like to paint little elven people and and swap weird Japanese game cards.

Do not insult Lego ever, its crossing the line 😛

Sacarathe and djben9 like this

Oh i love lego too,I had loads as a kid. Didn't mean to offend haha

And i don't paint little elven people.... its warhammer 40k space marines...

ImTriggerHappy likes this

Is that the weekly magazine where you slowly build the Millenium Falcon kit over 2 years and will cost about £400 to complete. Now that is dedication. Just hope Royal Mail does not lose a copy or two in its sorting office.

Is that the weekly magazine where you slowly build the Millenium Falcon kit over 2 years and will cost about £400 to complete. Now that is dedication. Just hope Royal Mail does not lose a copy or two in its sorting office.

yes its the weekly mag. Actually at £8.99 a mag and 100 issues it's... well you can work that out for yourself :rolleyes: but it has working lights and loading ramp so it's totally worth it right?

I don't get them posted, i get them from a local newsagent. They would risk hell fire itself if they ever forget to order the latest issue lol

Jedi_Master, Lozart and Sico like this