What do YOU like from a video review?

Rock-climby-Dave
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Admit it, we all watch CrazyNCman's videos, and they're good, but he does take a while getting to the point and they are all on the american versions of the guns (usually a much higher FPS then we get over here)

So I was thinking, what do people enjoy about revies, what makes a good review, what makes a bad one?

I know I have some opinions about them and I'm sure Im not the only one.

input is helpful and I can get a trial review going and see how that goes.

Good

Well set up camera (not held)

at least reasonable quality camera (HD)

what it is like to live with (smaller details on the gun that make or break it - usually this is overlooked)

'what's in the box?'

Pro's and Con's

Gameplay footage

Skirmishability review (most M4 hop ups just don't work with gloves, for example)

chrono

Bad

Dis is metul und dis iz plasticz, but uh, duh plasticz is good like.... (you know what I mean)

not REALLY knowing what you are talking about

calling everything 'this bit'

Background Music

Waffling on and on about nothing

I'll update the list so it is easy to find for everyone

• AF-UK Founding Member

We did have Dalno who did Dalno's Reviews which had around 3000 subs and then he axed it, so there is definitely a gap in the market. We can help by pointing you out if you're going to include us in the reviews. We'd give you a forum in the reviews section for people to come and discuss. This is all assuming you want to take it on in a fairly big way.

I think a HD camera is really a must these days, people want a clear look at what they're getting in my opinion.

Make sure you cover everything it comes with, and if possible chrono it in the video.

Short and to the point generally picking out features which makes it a better/worse example than something from another brand. Internals especially.

Ideally no background music and stuff because it can just make the voice unclear, cut the video up if necessary so there aren't long pauses and umms etc.

• Supporters

what's going on, Crazy NC man here.

I would like to see gameplay footage of the gun get what you found difficult to operate when in game i.e some M4 Hop's with gloves etc.

Dev, you have a message and a subscriber :) tbh i dont mind as long as it isnt a web cam recording it then yeah im happy :)

oh and since we were talking about

and his long time getting to the point

I can't stand it when the reviewer tells you the gun is full metal, but still decides to go over every part of the gun saying 'this bit is metal, uhhh so is this bit and this bit'. FOR GOD SAKES WE KNOW IT'S METAL!

• AF-UK Founding Member
We should have a video in the upcoming weeks that you folks may like very much!

Do we? :P

There aren't many plans at the moment Jersey. Obviously we'd like someone to do reviews on it, but we'd want them to be HD and well done etc etc. Getting hold of things to review hopefully wouldn't be too hard since it is a forum channel.

I was thinking of flooding it with User content so like all the members of UKAF so its like a comminty channel?

And funny enough you said that i just got a Full 1080p HD Cam which i will be useinf soon enough :)

• Supporters
Do we? :P

There aren't many plans at the moment Jersey. Obviously we'd like someone to do reviews on it, but we'd want them to be HD and well done etc etc. Getting hold of things to review hopefully wouldn't be too hard since it is a forum channel.

Yes we do B)

• 3 weeks later...

it could be user submitted (but only the good stuff)

i think im capable of doing a decent review... i got a 1080p HD cam too, the only problem is the fact that the cams in for repair and even if i got it back, the tripod mount is the broken bit so i wouldnt be able to put it on its tripod, fujifilm is refusing to repair the tripod mount under warranty, so im getting one of these official thingys were they tell you whether its fit for use or not... and if they say its not fit for use, fujifilm have no choice but to repair it or give me a full refund... so ya... my voice doesn't seem to sound high on the videos, it seems to make me sound like 14-16 yrs old :)

Thanks,

Mitchell

• Supporters

I hate it wuhen people give guns, especially pistols, bad reviews four being plastic, and bad reviews for tm's for low FPS, it makes no sense seeing as they are brilliant anyway.

The other thing is that I am looking for psg1 reviews and many seem to rate it down for being semi only......

The most important thing for me is that the reviewr knowd what he is talking about.

Marcus

• 4 months later...
  • Supporters

For me what's needed most in all these reviews is some sort of evidence or AT LEAST mention of what the accuracy and range are like.

So for example, what's the maximum range you can easily hit a man sized target, or a beer can? Just something like that.

I don't care if it's the best looking, most well built weapon under the sun, if the range and accuracy are crap then it's of no use to anyone.

Archived