Little Things That Annoy You In Airsoft

GeneralKimbo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

American's on airsoft facebook groups.

There you go corrected for you.. :ph34r:

• Supporters

Technically all calm the f*ck down......

The title says annoy - so if a person says they find American's annoying on FaceBook

Well our friends over the pond are regarded as being opinionated - probably more than us Brits

So yes - us Brits may find some of them annoying especially on FaceBook where opinions are strongly exchanged

And yes sometimes we may find a lot of things about somebody or even a certain race/culture annoying but that does not equate to racism

as long as you have tolerance then the annoy does not become hate in my book

Trigger just hates everybody which is fine as that is equality I guess

c'mon guys - group hug says the duck who even I find myself hating myself coz I'm so f*cking annoying at times

x x x

• Head Moderator

I love Welsh girls :rolleyes:

• Supporters

While not airsoft related my point is relevant here;

Misuse of apostrophes, one person from the USA is an American, more than one are Americans. No requirement for an apostrophe there.

Please continue to whine about your dyslexia/whatever and refuse to admit you're just too lazy to learn how to punctuate correctly.

People who bring 'special' equipment that requires 'special' rules to be made up just for them. Had a chap bring a riot shield to a game yesterday. Needless to say his team won the 'plant the bomb' game by a landslide on account of the fact that he was allowed to walk right up to the objective, practically invincible...

Used to play with a Riot Shield at an old site.

It was always kept as a single use item, so if the carrier is Hit they (me) wasn't allowed to use it again that game. Grenades were an hit on shield carrier regardless, as long as they were in range.

Worked out quite well as some parts of the site were an absolute nightmare to assault, (The Chapel, Fort Amherst (C.A.G.E) if anyone is old-school enough to remember it.) so it was good to have an advantage....but the Single Use Rule meant it didn't make it unfair.

Even then, we didn't use it every gameday. It was nice to have for a bit of fun every so often.

It also made a handy table in the SafeZone :-)

Remember getting told off at Bunker 51 my first visit, as there was a riot shield propped against where I was taking cover, so I picked it up and got shouted at by a marshal :( "ITS ONLY FOR PAINTBALL" Bleurgh...

• Supporters

People that take 5 minutes to get ready for the next game, even when you've had 30 minutes between games and notice from a marshal to be ready in 2 minutes....

Sadly I'm not exaggerating, once lost an hour(we timed it) because people weren't ready after lunch.

After Saturday

Throwing your bfg into a hard floor room only for it to hit a soft cushion and not go off and them to throw it back and kill us all hahaha

People that take 5 minutes to get ready for the next game, even when you've had 30 minutes between games and notice from a marshal to be ready in 2 minutes....

Sadly I'm not exaggerating, once lost an hour(we timed it) because people weren't ready after lunch.

I hate people that piss about the safe zone. Reloading takes 5 mins. Wanking over a pals M4 can wait until your finished getting ready for the next game.

After Saturday

Throwing your bfg into a hard floor room only for it to hit a soft cushion and not go off and them to throw it back and kill us all hahaha

That's good of you, if someone threw my BFG back (and it went off) I would ignore it.

I guess I wouldn't go so far and ask the person that threw it for the 10p it cost me.

That's good of you, if someone threw my BFG back (and it went off) I would ignore it.

I guess I wouldn't go so far and ask the person that threw it for the 10p it cost me.

Cheat

What, why?

Well it's only 10p, I not worth an argument.

Cheat

Really, you're going to cheat call on a forum thread about things people don't like in airsoft?

(1) I've never been to an airsoft site at which the marshals did not expressly prohibit this* in the safety briefing.

*touching thrown Pyrotechnics

(2) If it fails to detonate twice that just make opening it more dangerous, and until someone I trust tells me that's untrue I would consider throwing a primed BFG which failed to detonate as further exacerbating/creating an exposure of my personal safety to an unreasonable and unnecessary risk(if it did not go off). The person throwing it, however does not know whether it will go off and I would not reward them for their reckless disregard for my personal safety - despite the first thing i'd do with an unfired impact BFG is drop it again.

(3) That and the BFGs always sustain damage (and could use their charge), and I take theft/criminal damage [a little too] seriously.

(4) Would you like if someone picked up your AEG, or drew your sidearm/knife without your permission? What if it was an enemy player who then shot you or surrendered you? Whenever point (1) is true, I'm not going to reward cheaters - if you don't agree, tough, but I'm not going to call you a cheat because we don't agree. :)

• Root Admin

Well it's only 10p, I not worth an argument.

What a strange thing to say. So £2.50 pyro is a valid kill but 10p isn't? u wot m8.

I think I see your point though. People will continue to throw undetonated pyro as long as they get the kill. If sites enforce 'if you throw it back it doesn't count' rules then that would stop a lot of the idiocy.

• Supporters

I thought they did - and this covers pyro/bfg's that failed to go off

plus the rule

if you find something - leave it or inform a marshal - don't think to pick it up etc.....

Think Trigger and me shot each other once - well more than once he got me

but at first I didn't feel nowt but his tracer bb bounced - thinking at that split second by fluke of nature or bb's hit each other

but after we both called it - I was walking back and dawned that he probably hit my gun hence not feeling owt in just a T-shirt etc...

At Mall gun hits don't count but reckon I'd of called it regardless coz at my local they do (switch to secondary or call it)

Anyway - thing is we all try to play as fair as possible at end of the day

soz to anybody I overkill or delay in calling hits - I know I'm not perfect but we all try our best

I try not to get too worked up over some toy gun stuff - but the odd time I get a little stressed but have to remind myself I'm not perfect

happy shooting everybody x x x

• Supporters

gun hits don't count at Mall they said, and leave any stuff where you find it they said in the briefing

Think others like Lozart have said gun hits don't count at Mall which I was surprised at as they do at my local

think you announce at Mall - Gun hit but can carry on playing - but if pistol is hit in its holster or on your person you call it

ah well - we try to not take it all too seriously is all I mean

What a strange thing to say. So £2.50 pyro is a valid kill but 10p isn't? u wot m8.

I think I see your point though. People will continue to throw undetonated pyro as long as they get the kill. If sites enforce 'if you throw it back it doesn't count' rules then that would stop a lot of the idiocy.

Technically speaking until I've had my 200 throws, it's closer to 60p a throw, however the most I could argue had been expended and replaceable is the primer and nothing more. Just isn't worth it. The TRMR trishot posted with 200 primers cost ~£135.

It is important to note I would not ignore any other thrown BFG - even when I thought* it was a returned one. Only if someone had returned my BFG.

*Disrupting the flow of a game on a "but I thought", is just poor sportsmanship.

But if the marshals at the start had made it categorically clear that returning BFGs was allowed - I would just leave it in my bag anyway.

To take this a little further, if someone rotated the drum on my multishot TRMR I would report them to the marshals even if returning BFGs live was allowed and I had elected to use it despite that.

Archived