Little Things That Annoy You In Airsoft

GeneralKimbo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

No point in sitting back if you're not contributing anything to the effort, firing BB's that are landing 5 or 6 metres short of the cover your opponent is sheltering behind...

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Overly aggressive people. Yeah I get it we're playing war games, but in this one we're basically playing long range tag not "murder their entire family".

Calm your bitch ass down and have some fun.

(Mate of mine got full auto'd in the back of the head when dead because he apparently wasn't taking his hits..)

Overly aggressive people. Yeah I get it we're playing war games, but in this one we're basically playing long range tag not "murder their entire family".

Calm your bitch ass down and have some fun.

^^ totally agree with this.

Many years back, at my local site, there was this Lass who was "Ex-Special Forces". She dragged a guy to the ground and held a knife to his throat (not a rubber knife - a real one).

She was banned from site and, as far as I heard, a fair few sites in the area too.

When playing just with the team some shenanigans are great - but some people go too far.

this happen to me and my team yesterday at the mall, to give credit where its due to the other team was set-up in a good place so made it difficult to get out into the rest of the shopping centre, but still with a little push you could out quickly.

As mentioned many times,

But I'd put £30 pound in the bank for an item that costs £26 or so, then they scam you with £7 pound shipping or something...

• Supporters

Many years back, at my local site, there was this Lass who was "Ex-Special Forces".

This reminds me.

The very clever chairsofters who know EVERYTHING and don't hesitate to share it.

Many years ago I was on a game with my mate and we were entering a building. A marshall came there and started shouting what we should do and grabbed my mate's vest and dragged him to an other position. My mate at that time WAS actual special forces and he was doing tactical entries (and parachuting and diving and planting explosives, etc) as a living. He wasn't a happy bunny. :)

• Supporters

This reminds me.

The very clever chairsofters who know EVERYTHING and don't hesitate to share it.

Many years ago I was on a game with my mate and we were entering a building. A marshall came there and started shouting what we should do and grabbed my mate's vest and dragged him to an other position. My mate at that time WAS actual special forces and he was doing tactical entries (and parachuting and diving and planting explosives, etc) as a living. He wasn't a happy bunny. :)

You mate would have been in the right to floor him.

• Head Moderator

Yeah I get it we're playing war games, but in this one we're basically playing long range tag not "murder their entire family".

I find the whole 'long range tag' to be one of the problems, when players (non sniper) stay back and spank out BBs that are not even getting close to the other team. And then they get cross with people for not taking their hits. Just need to close the distance so that the BB do hit and gain the ground. It is not murder, it is war so neutralise all threats :)

6 players hiding behind a shed shouting at me "We are being pinned in by someone behind that tree"....

When my answer is "lets rush him as we have unlimited spawns being the attackers" and realise I was the only one to actually run out and on my way back to regen hear them shouting at someone else that "we are pinned in from someone behind that tree"..

ARGHHHHHH

• Moderators

BB's really grind my gears, especially ones hurtling into my face.

full face pro :D or just duck

One thing that does annoy me is experienced players insisting that us newbies play in a style which suits theirs - as if we are all there just to enhance their own day of gaming!

Tomorrow will be my fifth airsoft day and I can guarantee the same spotty little squits will be there dictating to all to 'do this' and 'do that'. I can also guarantee that they will be ignored as usual.

I usually do airsoft with at least seven or eight fellas from work and we must have at least 80 years of genuine military experience between us. To the experienced 'experts' trying to get us to do their bidding - It's not 'life and death', it's a day of fun for everyone firing plastic balls at each other, making friends and having a laugh!

One thing that does annoy me is experienced players insisting that us newbies play in a style which suits theirs - as if we are all there just to enhance their own day of gaming!

Tomorrow will be my fifth airsoft day and I can guarantee the same spotty little squits will be there dictating to all to 'do this' and 'do that'. I can also guarantee that they will be ignored as usual.

I usually do airsoft with at least seven or eight fellas from work and we must have at least 80 years of genuine military experience between us. To the experienced 'experts' trying to get us to do their bidding - It's not 'life and death', it's a day of fun for everyone firing plastic balls at each other, making friends and having a laugh!

All true, but there are some suggestions which can lubricate a game day, such as stacking up in the spawn at the start of a game, dividing a force evenly rather than randomly, making sure that people in a huddle outside the spawn know that with nowhere to fall back if they see any action we're already beat (and they won't get to respawn), that sort of thing.

I always say we "could" do that, and wait for a more dominant/respected personally to declare it so.

All true, but there are some suggestions which can lubricate a game day, such as stacking up in the spawn at the start of a game, dividing a force evenly rather than randomly, making sure that people in a huddle outside the spawn know that with nowhere to fall back if they see any action we're already beat (and they won't get to respawn), that sort of thing.

I always say we "could" do that, and wait for a more dominant/respected personally to declare it so.

This would be considered valuable and often welcome advice.

I'm referring to the players who seem to think their years of airsofting has given them some kind of 'rank' over the rest of us. The players we all laugh at as they throw a hissy fit and charge off alone when we laugh at them. The same players that are still ranting at the injustice of it all a few seconds later as they walk back to the respawn with an arm in the air!

Very much in a minority at an otherwise very friendly, helpful and fun site where we go, but I'm sure they are everywhere.

• Supporters

The players we all laugh at as they throw a hissy fit and charge off alone when we laugh at them. The same players that are still ranting at the injustice of it all a few seconds later as they walk back to the respawn with an arm in the air!

Maybe if you followed them in then they wouldn't be getting pissed off.

I have mixed feelings on this as I hate those players who think they are better than others and act like dicks. But I hate those players who turn up and dont make an effort even more. I respect the player who pushes forward and goes for the objective even if it means getting hit and going back to respawn, a lot more than I respect the player who worries about getting shot and going back to respawn.

If a player gets stroppy about no one helping then he is in the wrong but the player who laughs at them for trying and getting shot is 10× worse.

Perhaps I worded my last post wrong. We do make an effort, we do push, we do get involved, maybe more than many. However, we don't appreciate getting 'ordered' about and shouted at, in something that is, after all, a day of fun.

• Supporters

Perhaps I worded my last post wrong. We do make an effort, we do push, we do get involved, maybe more than many. However, we don't appreciate getting 'ordered' about and shouted at, in something that is, after all, a day of fun.

Agree with that 100%.

Last teamate who tried barking orders at me to the point it became annoying I reminded him of the deadmen don't talk rule then shot him myself. He gave me lots of dirty looks after but at least he was quiet.

Twigs and sudden gusts of wind.

Any other snipers out there will understand.

Snipers. Always hiding and shooting at you from silly distance. Just get in the game and take a hit once in a while!

Just kidding. I've actually a lot of respect for the guys who do it properly. More skill and patients than me!

Archived