Colchester, Essex - Anyone?

Finius
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

As of April payday I will officially be on the prowl for making a return to airsofting.

Currently working out the most efficient way to gather some basic gear together without spending a lot (due to impending wedding), so will be needing to rent rifles on-site or something along those lines until I can get UKARA etc. and afford to get something decent.

Just wondering if there's anyone here who lives in or near (or travels to games via) Colchester town center who fancies reducing their petrol costs to sites occasionally (I don't drive because I'm a peasant)?

Likewise, looking for recommendations/information on the sites/options nearby - I know Bunker 39 (or whatever they've chosen to rebrand themselves as nowadays) are still going but don't know anything about their operation because I've been out of it for just too long. I'm not fussy what type of airsoft I'll play - I just want to get back to it. Once I've got the gear and learned to drive I'll have the liberty of being a bit fussier.

Speak up people of Essex! Be the hero this man needs!

• Supporters

I'm not in Essex so cant help with your driving problem and both of these sites are an hour either way (just a quick google using Colchester) but they might just help getting you started.

Gunman Tuddenham and UCAP Sandpit

Tuddenham is an hour from Norwich (where I am) and the pit is over 2hours but I'm willing to make the drive because they are good.

Tuddenham offer Saturday and Sunday games with camping overnight.

We have a group of semi regulars who come and go to our Okto Eight Milsims and I think they are Colchester based and play at Raw War on their skirmish activities. They are coming to the milsim at Tuddenham next month but you would need to go on Facebook to make contact as they are not forum members.

As of April payday I will officially be on the prowl for making a return to airsofting.

Currently working out the most efficient way to gather some basic gear together without spending a lot (due to impending wedding), so will be needing to rent rifles on-site or something along those lines until I can get UKARA etc. and afford to get something decent.

Just wondering if there's anyone here who lives in or near (or travels to games via) Colchester town center who fancies reducing their petrol costs to sites occasionally (I don't drive because I'm a peasant)?

Likewise, looking for recommendations/information on the sites/options nearby - I know Bunker 39 (or whatever they've chosen to rebrand themselves as nowadays) are still going but don't know anything about their operation because I've been out of it for just too long. I'm not fussy what type of airsoft I'll play - I just want to get back to it. Once I've got the gear and learned to drive I'll have the liberty of being a bit fussier.

Speak up people of Essex! Be the hero this man needs!

Look into raw war, that's based in colchester and is an awesome site!

I'm based out of Colchester but haven't been able to get out to as many skirmishes as i'd like (so probably not too helpful on the lift front!) as others have mentioned I've seen some regulars in the area going to The Bunker including the guy that runs the shop, who use the Fingeringhoe ranges one sunday a month as well as Airsoft GB out in Great Bromley and as others have mentioned Raw War which i've not had a chance to go to yet.

Depending on where abouts you live they're all about 10-20 minutes from the centre of town.

There's a guy called Rogier Grieve who organises private group bookings for different sites like the GAOL out of the Colchester area.

Get in touch with him as most go from the Colchester area to there or Raw War so should be a convoy of cars.

• 2 weeks later...

I may be able to help you out sometimes if you dont have any solid offers yet.

Im a new player. Only been to one site but wanting to go more regularly and try out other place.

Im trying to get a mate to join the hobby who lives in Mersea and im Ipswich so would be easy to offer lifts.

hey bud,

Complete fresh fish here from Colchester. Looking to get into Airsoft and have my first visit for my ticket. Work in the industry and used to enjoy playing when i was youngster, so i thought screw it, why not get into it now.

I've emailed a few sites asking about fps limits and what not for when i purchase, but haven't heard back from gunsmoke or airsoft GB as of yet.

Thee guys from Squaddie/Bunker said they host a game at least once a month/bi-monthly.

Drop me a pm if you want someone to go with or need a lift as I drive. Would be nice to go with someone that can show me the ropes a little.

RC

Archived