Mos' TM VSR upgrade logs

Mos
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Game at ravens on the 15th I think. The Sunday.

£20 turn up with kit, which is lovely stuff, remember the days of paying 50 quid, bit of a pain.

Though, did say I'd go to the end of month skirmish at gunman, see if I can do both, but probs can't. Eager to use the sniper though.

Even though it's stock parts apart from mancraft and b type lever... Did find a nice simple picture from gunman, easily explainable meaning you don't have to bother looking from left to right.

post-11877-0-54352400-1462316828_thumb.jpg

ok,

I can honestly say, I have absolute no skill.

Although I find it fun, even when I miss. Like last game I played I was hiding under a bush. And a party of 7 people came walking passed, unaware of me, as they passed I got out of the bush, I was about to get the jump on them all, and the whistle blew for game over.

yes sniper over sniper rifle yes yes. but, if I was to throw BBs I'm pretty sure I'll receive better results firing them out of a gun.

did try and save the reminder as my sig

too big, I tried.

I thought the point is saying - the rifle is one part, the big long boned, fleshy, wreckless piece of cr is the other? otherwise known as mos.

• Root Admin

Nope, it's just the wording. A sniper is the person and the rifle is the other. You keep saying 'sniper' when you mean 'rifle'/'sniper rifle', and slavery is pretty illegal. D/w, it's what COD has done to us.

Oh,

I will be using my sniper rifle on hopefully the 15th down at ravens..

This will have been my first day using the sniper rifle in a match.

I'll learn new ways, how to move etc like I'm becoming some sort of Jedi lol. Learn the ways, young one.

And also see where I am lacking.

So, what I'm thinking is

ACCURACY UPGRADES pewpew (when I have cash and can be bothered)

FLAT HOP - on my vsr stock bucking, flip bucking, shave ridge, shave the internal popping out thing, take out the beloved biro mod nub, and I'd put in the firefly nub. Though will probably do this much much later, as I did complete the biro mod

AA hop unit - consistent, many other people put it in

Barrel spacers - stabilise barrel, use many wraps of tape or something

6.05 barrel PDI - consistent, more hop up I believe.

But, these will come later :)

Has anyone flat hopped a Tm bucking?

Yes

I figured someone has probably done this. But I would like to see their results.

Wether they also flat hopped a maple leaf and that worked better etc

• Supporters

I figured someone has probably done this. But I would like to see their results.

Wether they also flat hopped a maple leaf and that worked better etc

Its crap flat hopping works best with a bridged nub and the TM bucking is too soft and tears very quickly when used for it.

Its crap flat hopping works best with a bridged nub and the TM bucking is too soft and tears very quickly when used for it.

Ok, awesome.

So I need a harder bucking, as am using high FPS or joules if consider the heavier BB.

So, was recommended a guarder 70 deg

And then probably flat hop it and use the firefly nub.

Side note: not related to the thread at all.

But atm I am creating one too many threads, so I'll just post it on here.

Mate who skirmishes with me has an ICS M4, he's not satisfied with the range and accuracy, and wants to gain a bit more out of it.

He is at 330 FPS with .2g BBs.

So he asked ME to do his upgrades (haha, what an idiot! jokes, but I have a rough idea here)

Firefly soft bucking (flat hopped with firefly nub) I now have a pure passion for nubs)

Now, I want to get that FPS closer to 350, so will probably do some air sealing with some tape or swap springs, all though is marginal so might not bother.

Now am thinking 6.03 madbull black python barrel

Barrel spacers.

This is on budget by the way.

Thoughts and ops? Probably shouldn't be on this thread

• Supporters

Clean it, put in a maple leaf monster with maple leaf concave nub, or actually any decent hopup rubber.

Don't flat hop it. It's a hit and miss even for more experienced airosfters.

Put a piece of rubber between the hopup's "leg" and the m4 body to fix it in place. If it has a normal m4 hopup that is, I don't remember ics's now.

Use decent 0.28g BBs. These will give you the big improvement. Flat hoping (if done correctly), precision barrels, CNC hop unit, etc will give marginal results on top of this.

Also, flat hopping doesn't give you accuracy or range. If done properly, it gives you the ability to use heavier BBs without too much pressure on the BB, heavy BBs give you the accuracy, and accracy gives you bigger useful range.

Clean it, put in a maple leaf monster with maple leaf concave nub, or actually any decent hopup rubber.

Don't flat hop it. It's a hit and miss even for more experienced airosfters.

Put a piece of rubber between the hopup's "leg" and the m4 body to fix it in place. If it has a normal m4 hopup that is, I don't remember ics's now.

Use decent 0.28g BBs. These will give you the big improvement. Flat hoping (if done correctly), precision barrels, CNC hop unit, etc will give marginal results on top of this.

Also, flat hopping doesn't give you accuracy or range. If done properly, it gives you the ability to use heavier BBs without too much pressure on the BB, heavy BBs give you the accuracy, and accracy gives you bigger useful range.

Looks like I misunderstood the flat hop then, thought it may of helped accuracy and range. I was thinking of the barrel and was like, well, I reckon it will be marginal performance increase as madbull do a job, but probably not worth it.

Will get those buckings and nub thank you.

Could you just link me to the concave nub? Thanks.

All these upgrades. Habit I figured a chrono will be next

you can't tune a hop without knowing your muzzle energy.

Absolutely, went down to the garage to test accuracy and couldn't hit a bucket from 20 metres.

I think this was due to scope alignment being wrong, and I couldn't align the scope, as the hop was not setup DUE to not knowing muzzle energy. And I couldn't see the BBs.

So could anyone recommend some white 0.4g BBs ?

Archived