Mos' TM VSR upgrade logs

Mos
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

That is a relief, I've seen the mess a badly assembled fire extinguisher can make when assembled incorrectly and pressurised and they are far lower pressures.

CO2 can still be dangerous so still please be careful (bulbs are a lot safer though).

Please refer back to your other threads you started about upgrading a VSR for information as we have covered this all before.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mos, when you say "accurate", do you mean "accurate when you shoot it", or "accurate when you shoot it clamped into a vice"?

It was relatively accurate at 60 metres, during a game.

Although not amazingly accurate. But was happy to play with, got it through a window the size of 4 human heads every time which was about 50-60 metres away.

Not bad, but can be improved.

So yes, accurate when using without a vice

• 2 weeks later...

I feel enlightened.

I came across a superb video to do with buckings and barrels with the VSR 10 series rifles. Although, the video on a whole informed the viewer on hop up and barrel related articles.

And basically, the reason why you have to have a non bridged barrel for the maple leaf bucking is to do with the internal nub area bit goes to the end of the bucking, so with a bridged barrel it would not be correct, supposedly it would not be right. And something would go wrong.

The concave nub that you would use with the maple leaf autobot is so that the internal nub of the bucking gets equal applied pressure all over. The internal nub is being pushed from its whole surface sort of thing - you get me?

Now, you get the AA unit because it does good things, and it houses after market nubs. Also has a better air seal, as well as doing the TDC mod.

If the stock VSR barrel happens to be bridged that's bad. And we either get a non bridged one, or I believe we can file the bridge off, or whatever it takes to remove this bridge. What would you recommend?

I finally have understood the barrel and hop area. Thank you all.

EDIT: I didn't want to go and buy some items when I didn't know the function of it all, and how it actually works, along with compatibility.

I have never had any issues using a bridged barrel... The PDI barrels are bridged (which I have in mine).

But yes, you need to use a bucking that suits either a bridged or non bridged barrel.

I have never had any issues using a bridged barrel... The PDI barrels are bridged (which I have in mine).

But yes, you need to use a bucking that suits either a bridged or non bridged barrel.

Yeah, I couldn't see any issues anyways. Only if you've got the wrong bucking setup for the barrel.

Yes you can cut the bridge from a bridged barrel, but you need to be extra super careful not to scratch other parts of the barrel and finis the cut nicely. It needs good DIY skills.

Yeah. Don't get me wrong, I probably wouldn't do the job.

Luckily I have acquired someone who's very good with tools and DIY stuff etc..

a brother.

Anyways, I'm going to buy a grippy pair of gloves and a pistol mag speed loader

chop the thumb and index finger off on the right hand glove if you struggle with magazine changes.

Ah right, sounds a clever idea.

You get that idea of off house gamers?

Nevertheless, will do.

Ah right, sounds a clever idea.

You get that idea of off house gamers?

Nevertheless, will do.

I got by not being able to change mags while wearing gloves lol :D

If you don't like to chop a new pair of gloves you could always buy a cheap pair of fingerless gloves and just wear the right one along with the full fingered left! :-) You might not need to, could have just been me being spethial needs :D

I got by not being able to change mags while wearing gloves lol :D

If you don't like to chop a new pair of gloves you could always buy a cheap pair of fingerless gloves and just wear the right one along with the full fingered left! :-) You might not need to, could have just been me being spethial needs :D

Aha. Fair enough, I'll probably cut off the top bit of the pointy finger and thumb, as you say.

General grip is what I'm after, I had a pair of woollen gloves, and I was sliding all over the place, I had no grip over the gun whatsoever. Not mentioning how the wool keeps all the heat and moisture inside.

So I'm faced with options. I'm going to open my gun up at the weekend see if the barrel is bridged or non bridged - sadly I can't google for the answer as it changes with each batch of product. Which is frustrating.

If the gun is non bridged, we go down the AA unit Maple leaf bucking (which will only fit in a non bridged barrel) and concave shape nub.

If it is bridged, we can either manually remove the bridge (not a favourable option), or go with an AEG bucking I imagine - AEG buckings are for non bridged aren't they?

One question, is the AA unit only for non bridged bucking styles or does it accept AEG buckings and bridged barrels - 90% sure it does but would like some confirmation.

So I'm hoping it will be non bridged, but we will see. If it is bridged I'll have to go down the AEG bucking route, I'm not buying a barrel. I am sure people have done sniper rifles with AEG bucking set ups. Off the top of my head, proffrink - didn't you do this?

Thanks

You WILL have a bridged barrel on a new TM VSR. They take VSR buckings but not all as the bridge can interfere with some. You should use VSR buckings in the Action Army hop chamber.

You WILL have a bridged barrel on a new TM VSR. They take VSR buckings but not all as the bridge can interfere with some. You should use VSR buckings in the Action Army hop chamber.

Ah, well I'm sure you know, but it does change periodically. But thank you I'll take your word for it.

So should the maple leaf autobot bucking fit into a bridged barrel? If you've had experience, or if anyone has, could you let me know?

Thank you.

the bucking does not fit in a barrel, the barrel fits in the bucking.... but WRT the Autobot bucking , as said before, it does not work with a bridged barrel.

I also struggled to get the NineBall purple bucking in the AA chamber.

I have previously suggested that you stick with the TM bucking as it works fine (and also fits in the AA chamber.

The AA chamber comes with it's own nub.

The TM barrel is fine but you possibly should upgrade to either a PDI 6.05 or a Laylax 6.03 VSR cut barrel, both are bridged, both are better than the TM.

the bucking does not fit in a barrel, the barrel fits in the bucking.... but WRT the Autobot bucking , as said before, it does not work with a bridged barrel.

I also struggled to get the NineBall purple bucking in the AA chamber.

I have previously suggested that you stick with the TM bucking as it works fine (and also fits in the AA chamber.

The AA chamber comes with it's own nub.

The TM barrel is fine but you possibly should upgrade to either a PDI 6.05 or a Laylax 6.03 VSR cut barrel, both are bridged, both are better than the TM.

Oh, my bad.

That's cool that the AA hop unit comes with a nub, I'll just chuck that in.

A barrel would be nice but for right now, probably not. Also a non bridged barrel + maple leaf bucking would also be nice, pretty much heard REALLY good things about that. If I'm right in saying so, that is pretty much the best you can get hop-wise, with the AA unit obviously?...

Anyways thank you very much PT,

• 2 months later...

Also, I'm not going to purchase a non bridged barrel to house the maple leaf bucking, I'll just run the stock barrel (bridged) with stock bucking and AA hop unit.

Archived