Need help with second AEG

Giliador

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello

At the moment I have G&G CM16 raider, I'm looking for an upgrade since the one I have is two tone

Budget up to £200

Reguirments:

M4

Can accomodate NiHm battery 8.4v mini tamiya

Up to 330fps

No blowback

No Delta ring

Was looking at http://airsoftzone.co.uk/cm16-m4-300-bot-with-mosfet-aeg-gng

Thanks

If the only issue with the CM16 is that it's 2-Tone, why not just swap out the parts that are coloured? (Assuming you've got UKARA now).

The stock and the front end are both very easy to swap around.

If the body is what's painted - you can buy a new Reciever for approx £50 There's some pretty fancy designs out there if you shop around.

You can probably do the whole lot for cheaper than a new AEG. Esp if you get some parts from sellers on here.

Most new receivers would be fine. If/when you find one you like, ask about on here to see if anyone had any idea of the brand. But (in my experience) 90% of parts are interchangeable. (My M4 is currently using Tokyo Marui, JG, G&P and D-boys parts internally and externally and I haven't had to modify anything).

Some of the more "unique" receivers are quite expensive - but shop around on Ebay and the Classifieds and you could find a bargain.

• Supporters
300 BOT

Supposed to have a mosfet but does not metion the flawed ETU

If you look carefully the ETU pictures at airsoftzone actually show a new type receiver as fitted to SR FFR Predator's etc....

The 300 BOT is a normal CM receiver - so the pictures shown with ETU are incorrect

Also on G&G website there is no mention of a mosfet at all

note look at either the CM16 300 - polymer receiver

or

the GC16 with skull metal receiver version

None mention the mosfet nor an ETU that usually found with 3rd burst dairy lea mosfet that works/don't work depending on battery or time of the month (thank f*ck)

I have noticed a few innaccuracies on G&G site

FFR2 A2 is always listed as having a 260mm barrel but must be same as BOT's 205mm barrel coz that is what I measured it as

Retailers say it has a mosfet even a youtube review says mosfet though no mention of 3rd burst so presume basic std mosfet

So - unless you get some better clarification on the BOT

I wouldn't bother but get a CM18 instead is my personal gut feeling

As for your Raider - spray/fairy it - sod buying a new receiver - even one for about £50 tbh

it is a Raider - it will never be a TM - well yeah you could go nutz but it will still look like a Raider

Nothing wrong with that - think I'd customise it a little but sod reshelling it

No offense and it is just my opinion but just use it as it is and maybe some tweaks/service

don't go nutz though - that money should be put towards another good gun

sadly not all G&G's are highly recommended by me - but that is just my take on them

it is your money and your choice but be careful about what G&G you buy next is all I say

• Supporters

where is the stock tube mount ?

charging handle has to be swapped over from old receiver plus selector etc.....

like I say a complete full receiver should be available for about £50 but tbh it is up to you

Never heard of Army Force myself, so I'll let someone else jump in on this one.....(help!)

Just remember; swapping around the front end/ stock on an M4 is a piece of cake.

But changing the body is fiddly. You'll need to fit all the little bits (fire selector, dust cover & release mechanism...etc etc). It's not a simple case of slotting in your old gearbox.

If you have an "old style" 2-Part Hop Unit this will need to be replaced - which I only found out recently!

• Supporters

Easiest thing would be to repaint,but it will void warranty unless I use plastidip

No it won't.

• Supporters

Easiest thing would be to repaint,but it will void warranty unless I use plastidip

Think re-shelling a gun would perhaps void warranty or certainly infringe upon it

yes the sticker on gearbox would remain intact but I can smash the gearbox to f*ck without opening it up

high voltage, bb jam, keep firing gun - BOOOOM even with a fuse protection still there

• Supporters

back on topic rather than what may or may not void warranty....

Is it painted and where - is it a solid blue polymer receiver or just over painted

G&G did do some colours and a clear receiver too for the Carbine and some others

cm16%20package.jpg

but seem to have dropped these or retailers are not buying the coloured receivers any more

AirsoftZone though do some odd 2-tone guns with white CM on them so wonder if they actually buy these coloured receiver G&G guns:

http://airsoftzone.co.uk/airsoft-guns/two-tone

g_g_cm16_raider-l_5.jpg

Kinda think the blue one is best - well better than zombie green edition as some JBBG might bull$hit ya

Rare G&G Raider - Zombie Outbreak Edition - lol

g-g-cm16-m4-raider-l-aeg-auto-electric-g

Think I've just given JambWow another money making idea to sell to new players

(best gun evvaaaa)

post a pic - look inside magwell etc... see if it is solid colour or black underneath

(perhaps a small scratch inside magwell will confirm coloured or painted receiver)

Its not painted but solid green plastic receiver and stock, I already have stock from you Duck. So I can maybe sell it and get another cm16 or cm18 if there is nothing better under £200

• Supporters

Sell it as Rare Zombie Outbreak Edition :)

thought you was getting a receiver or did that fall through on here ???

end of the day it ain't that bad - bit of cammo tape should help

or if playing indoors - uhm cammo don't work that great anyway unless you go for all black ninja style and keep to the shadows

Yes you could flogg it as is if that is bother ya too much or wait and see what gun you want next....

Still can sell it at some point as a 2-tone gun but really it isn't as bad as you think

bit of cammo tape is the most I'd go, easy to remove if a bit sticky alcho wipes or washing up liquid but still look presentable

rather than start creating an abortion of a spray job that will only chip off over time - unless you boat it with loads of varnish/laquer

Most important is if it shoots ok which it should do

in fact people love to run with pinky's

AEG_GG_CM_Femme_1_lg.jpg

stop worrying and save ya money I think for another gun

mmmmmm lime green - back in the 70's my nan had a bathroom that colour

Here's the metal receiver with all the bits added. Seller is based in HK

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Marking-wargame-airsoft-hunting-shooting/dp/B01CTW7VTE/ref=sr_1_5?s=sports&ie=UTF8&qid=1458925560&sr=1-5&keywords=aegcartasiacom

Still not sure where the stock tube mount went :-) Think the photoshop dude got a little excited and chopped it.

• Supporters

mmmmmm lime green - back in the 70's my nan had a bathroom that colour

Whooaaaaa - easy there fella - these youngsters hate history

(keep telling my son - don't worry about your history test results too much - it's all in the past anyway)

But when I see an ol' classic Ford or rare TR7 still running - miracle for TR7 coz it just rusts away after 10 years let alone 30-40 yrs

But yeah JambWow & Dom @ BBGuns4Less should be flogging these as Zombie G&G's

nah - probably not, it would make their other stuff look really realy crap

btw in our first flat we did a "trendy" blue like the other Raider - Blue & Yellow bathroom

Thought it was very modern - nah looking back it looked like a Little Tykes Play House bathroom I guess

They have the 300 Bot at airsoftzone they are local where I live, will have a look, like the idea of metal receiver and mosfet my GF is getting in to Airsoft, might give her my limited edition zombie edition m4

• Supporters

They have the 300 Bot at airsoftzone they are local where I live, will have a look, like the idea of metal receiver and mosfet my GF is getting in to Airsoft, might give her my limited edition zombie edition m4

Think BOT with CM = polymer receiver

The BOT with Skull = metal receiver

There are numerous models out there so look at a number of them and check/ask loads

tbh G&G polymers are fine - nigh on most of mine are all polymer G&G's

all I'm saying don't think a metal Combat Machine is a MUST have be all & end all type of thing

Bot is 200 or 205mm barrel

CM18 is 275 I think - perhaps best looking classic polymer Combat Machine M4 that looks/ticks most boxes - well for me anyway

I'm struggling to find what I like, once I exclude all blowbacks, front connector and delta ring there is not much choice. This is the metal one and apparently on 1cm shorter then my cm16

http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/airsoft-weapons-c38/electric-rifles-c45/g-g-gc16-300-bot-p4646

As has been said it could have had the stock tube extension photoshopped out or it COULD be a copy of the Star/Ares design which use a more realistic design where the whole stock tube screws into the receiver and is secured by a locking ring.

• Supporters

Oh FFS.

Look at the listing of the entire receiver kit from the Aegcartasia website: http://aegcartasia.com/accessoires/receiver-body/for-aeg/mbaf37.html

The one on amazon has clearly been 'shopped badly.

That there? That took about 10 seconds to google.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.