New Airsoft outdoor site

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys i here theirs a new out door airsoft site opening up soon in Shildon, Durham. I was making an order from Andys Airsoft and was generally browsing his site and came across there new outdoor site the url is www.andysairsoft.webnode.com . So i emailed him and apparently the site is hoping to be opened by the end of June 2009 and from what he was telling me he has plenty on site. Can't wait :rolleyes:

Sounds good, when it's up and running we will add it to the list :)

Well i emailed Andys Aisoft and it's going to be opening in July 2009. No certain fixed date as yet but will notify you as soon as i here from them. By the way airsoft forums uk are linked from there site. Cool

Its been confirmed the site will be opened on the 26 July 2009 walk on fees £10.00 for Grand opening. How cool is that. I've already booked up. :D

Hi i am one of the owner's from nsc airsoft near durham.I would like to make every body aware that the pictures that andy is using on his web site are not from his site and are from nsc airsoft's site ,he has copied them from the nsc photo bucket account with out permission and it is also misleading to any body of thinking of going to his site as his site is nothing like the nsc site.

This is the google earth link of the land that andy is going to use and as you can see their is very little of it and dont think their is any thing built on it

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&sour...mp;t=h&z=17

I think it is very underhanded and sneaky that andy is using these picture's without permission in several of the pic's were he is in the 4x4 he is using my m249.

It is unacceptable to nsc airsoft that andy is using our photo's of nsc airsoft event's to promote his new airsoft sit and to spoof player into thinking that his sit has the same facilities or game area as nsc airsoft.

Hi i am one of the owner's from nsc airsoft near durham.I would like to make every body aware that the pictures that andy is using on his web site are not from his site and are from nsc airsoft's site ,he has copied them from the nsc photo bucket account with out permission and it is also misleading to any body of thinking of going to his site as his site is nothing like the nsc site.

This is the google earth link of the land that andy is going to use and as you can see their is very little of it and dont think their is any thing built on it

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&sour...mp;t=h&z=17

I think it is very underhanded and sneaky that andy is using these picture's without permission in several of the pic's were he is in the 4x4 he is using my m249.

It is unacceptable to nsc airsoft that andy is using our photo's of nsc airsoft event's to promote his new airsoft sit and to spoof player into thinking that his sit has the same facilities or game area as nsc airsoft.

Hi all, i would just like to take this time to respond to the accusation made by one of the site owners from NSC. As noted on the front page of www.andysairsoft.webnode.com states that all pictures are for illustration purposes only and i cannot see anywhere, where it states that the pictures are that of actual shots taken of the new airsoft site. I noticed under the terms of use on photobucket in section 6 that any photo uploaded and used through the photobucket services you here by grant users to use, modify , delete, add, publicity display without limitation. Users may copy, print or display outside of the photobucket services unless the settings are set to private way i understand NSC photos are not. I also understand that the photos in question where of Andrew, ( site organizer ) and also his vehicles that they do not belong to NSC, but where used at that time about 2-3 years ago which belonged to Andrew. As for the google earth link i have clicked onto the link and found nothing there, but i can assure people under no circumstances any of the photos where used in anyway to promote the New aisoft site at all. I have been informed that the "real" pictures of the new site will be up soon. This is dew to the fact that the new site is in the building stages. Also dew to the fact that army tents and vehicles are not site for photo opportunities. As for the same facilities as NSC i think size wise and opportunity wise are larger with the new site as the total game area of the NSC site. I would of thought that most game sites in the UK have similar facilities on there sites also i.e. bunkers, and bases etc.

Funny that the google earth link that i posted show's the very location that i spoke to andy on today when he assured me he new nothing about these photo's being used.

The nsc photobucket account was set up in order for nsc to show new player's and to promote nsc site and facilties not so people could dip in there and copy what they liked to suit their own need's ,it was an oversite that we did not make private or state that the pictures should not be copied but this should now have been sorted.

The vehicle in the picture does indeed belong to andy and nsc has never claimed other wise.

The problem i have with the pictures you used is you state you are one of the leading north east outdoor venues yet you have not run any events yet so you could not have taken any pictures of them ,the pictures you used would be missleading to any of your new customer's as they clearly show another site and not your's.

I am not going to get into a pissing compertion over who think's they are right or wrong i have asked you not to use the pictures to promote your site as this is the only reason they would be on your website.

I thank you for your responce and wish you every success with your new venture but please don't turn a missunderstanding about some photo's turn into some thing nasty.

bountyhunter are you involved with andy's airsoft or are you andy himself as this is really strange you should know so much about his new site that you claim to have only heard about as you claim in your opening post.It would seem you are invold with andy's airsoft

http://nets.freeforums.org/new-website-t3.html

Funny that the google earth link that i posted show's the very location that i spoke to andy on today when he assured me he new nothing about these photo's being used.

The nsc photobucket account was set up in order for nsc to show new player's and to promote nsc site and facilties not so people could dip in there and copy what they liked to suit their own need's ,it was an oversite that we did not make private or state that the pictures should not be copied but this should now have been sorted.

The vehicle in the picture does indeed belong to andy and nsc has never claimed other wise.

The problem i have with the pictures you used is you state you are one of the leading north east outdoor venues yet you have not run any events yet so you could not have taken any pictures of them ,the pictures you used would be missleading to any of your new customer's as they clearly show another site and not your's.

I am not going to get into a pissing compertion over who think's they are right or wrong i have asked you not to use the pictures to promote your site as this is the only reason they would be on your website.

I thank you for your responce and wish you every success with your new venture but please don't turn a missunderstanding about some photo's turn into some thing nasty.

bountyhunter are you involved with andy's airsoft or are you andy himself as this is really strange you should know so much about his new site that you claim to have only heard about as you claim in your opening post.It would seem you are invold with andy's airsoft

http://nets.freeforums.org/new-website-t3.html

I'm very much involved NOW with andysairsoft. May i thank you for your wishes. Plus those pictures where not intended to promote the website in anyway, and I'm sure Andy would of apologized if any mistake was made. It was a mistake, but it was merely an exercise to see how the picture format would of looked on the website clearly they should of been removed immediately and were not. They were not intended to remain on the site as actual shots, but I've noticed from your gallery yesterday YOU where still using photos of Andy and his vehicle surely in fact is that not promoting your site. So like what you said i quote "I am not going to get into a pissing competition over who think's they are right or wrong". We either end this matter now or again like you said i quote "lets not turn it into something nasty". So i think we should let bygones be bygones and delete these posts and any other posts on other forums and wish both sites every success.

I'm very much involved NOW with andysairsoft. May i thank you for your wishes. Plus those pictures where not intended to promote the website in anyway, and I'm sure Andy would of apologized if any mistake was made. It was a mistake, but it was merely an exercise to see how the picture format would of looked on the website clearly they should of been removed immediately and were not. They were not intended to remain on the site as actual shots, but I've noticed from your gallery yesterday YOU where still using photos of Andy and his vehicle surely in fact is that not promoting your site. So like what you said i quote "I am not going to get into a pissing competition over who think's they are right or wrong". We either end this matter now or again like you said i quote "lets not turn it into something nasty". So i think we should let bygones be bygones and delete these posts and any other posts on other forums and wish both sites every success.

yes the pic's of andy are still on the nsc gallery as these are pictures taken at nsc of an event run by nsc and not pic's of nsc used on another site advertising their site.If you are saying you no longer want those pics displayed on the nsc gallery please ask and i will have those pictures deleted so they can't be used by any one.

I'm not going to remove any post but i am not going to add to them due to the nature of the conversation i had yesterday with andy and also some text messages that were sent that were of a threatening nature.

Not to sure what you mean by let bygones be bygones ,NSC has nothing to be forgiven for,all i have asked you to do is not use picture's of nsc run event's at nsc airsoft site no matter who or what is in the pictures.

yes the pic's of andy are still on the nsc gallery as these are pictures taken at nsc of an event run by nsc and not pic's of nsc used on another site advertising their site.If you are saying you no longer want those pics displayed on the nsc gallery please ask and i will have those pictures deleted so they can't be used by any one.

I'm not going to remove any post but i am not going to add to them due to the nature of the conversation i had yesterday with andy and also some text messages that were sent that were of a threatening nature.

Not to sure what you mean by let bygones be bygones ,NSC has nothing to be forgiven for,all i have asked you to do is not use picture's of nsc run event's at nsc airsoft site no matter who or what is in the pictures.

Like i said before it was a genuine mistake to use the photos of andy and WERE not used to promote the website, obviousley your finding that hard to grasp, and would rather slag off andysairsoft. I wont say please but you WILL remove all pictures from your gallery of Andy and vehicle, also any videos or images containing Andy and his vehicle FROM youtube promoting NSC if any because i will check, and I'm sure you have been asked to REMOVE Northern Skirmish Supplies from your website header. As we both know that title belongs to andy. I will not be replying to your post because it's now getting very boring talking to you.

I have no control over any video content on you tube as these where taken by player's and not any nsc staff.Yes you have asked for us to remove the northern skimish supplies banner from our website which i will look into modifying so it does not conflict with any of the domain name andy bought and is not using.

I have never slagged of andy's airsoft only pointed out were he has been a bit lacking if other's people on other forums have stuck the boot in it is because they had reason to do so as they had been let down or have had poor service from him.no good being a retailer that send's wrong item's and then does not either answer email's or phone call's,which has been the biggest complaint in all the thread's i have read on other forum's

The thing you can't seem to get into you head is you should not have used any photo's from the nsc photo bucket with out first asking ,their would have not been a problem if you had asked but instead you used the photo's and promoted your self in such a way that the photo's were made to look like event's run by andy's airsoft when you have not run any event's to take picture's of.

And again andy as i am fairly sure this is you DONT turn this into some thing it does not need to be.

andy has registered the domain name northernskirmishsupplies.co.uk , that is all he has registered.If you read the term and condition you will find that this does not give him the legal right to claim he own this domain also unless you want to buy every Variation of that domain name i suggest you stop with the threat's.

and I'm sure you have been asked to REMOVE Northern Skirmish Supplies from your website header. As we both know that title belongs to andy. I will not be replying to your post because it's now getting very boring talking to you.

I run the website as a favour to the guys at NSC whose site I often frequent, and I have never received a request to remove anything from the website. I guess the link on the index page offering to sort out any problems and a direct link to an webadmin email address direct to me was a bit complicated and you were obviously "bored" reading past the first few sentences. I am careful with what I publish and that is why there is a prominent contact on the first page you come to. As for "rights" to names, when making a header I checked both for trademarks (there are none registered) and the internet users friend google - there is nothing related in the first 100 hits for the search term "northern skirmish supplies". When dealing with many and various sites and rights holders before they always seem able to grasp the concept of an email and hence no problems. May I suggest some tuition on the internet to go with the flashy website you've bought?

Basically, there was ample opportunity for anyone to get in touch with me if there was a problem, I take considerable offence at both the tone and manner of the complaints I have read here instead of in communications with me... this has made me definitely less likely to respond well in the future.

I have altered the "offending" banner now I am aware of it. (see easy wasn't it?)

In short, before you gob off get the facts straight and try reading before you go off half cocked. Any further communication with me had better be of a more suitable tone or to be honest as you say it'll be "very boring talking to you" and hence get f**k all response.

For anyone else wading through this diatribe of crap. apologies. It seems a shame to spoil other peoples boards but needed saying....

hope to see you all on a battlefield at some point! (I do this for fun.. honest!)

Archived