Battle Lakes, Kent review

Guest PT247
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
On 2/20/2018 at 4:18 PM, PT247 said:

they chrono all guns including pistols at Battle Lakes. I've had bleeders from sub 350fps guns, all depends where they hit as to how hard it hurts! :-)

Do they still insist on Chronoing on 0.2g BBs though? As that's less than ideal for factoring in joule creep.

On ‎2‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 0:34 PM, AshOnSnow said:

Sounds like he could have been firing hot too. Did they chrono at the start?

They did, but noticed that they weren't marking the rifles if it was under the limits. Easy for someone not to have their RIF chrono'd.

• Supporters

Hot or Not, which obviously is hard to prove after the event, the MED issue is pretty serious, as even if the guys gun was "legal", we could still be talking about 500fps.

i play airsoft for what it is, & don't succumb to the hype I.E. better kit makes you a better player, or "I've got a YouTube channel with X amount of followers, therefore I'm a lej" bollocks, if "stinky butholio" or whatever exaggerated mgs name he's given himself is failing to follow the site rules, & clearly enough people think so, then the site staff need to get a grip ;)

5 hours ago, TheKempyy said:

They did, but noticed that they weren't marking the rifles if it was under the limits. Easy for someone not to have their RIF chrono'd.

Yeah nowhere I’ve been mark guns, but a few places do chrono on entering the field from the safe sone at the start of the day, 

• Supporters

I've seen a couple of sites stick a small coloured cable tie on the trigger guard after chronoing, & the colour changes each gameday ;) 

On ‎23‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 0:58 PM, Tackle said:

Hot or Not, which obviously is hard to prove after the event, the MED issue is pretty serious, as even if the guys gun was "legal", we could still be talking about 500fps.

i play airsoft for what it is, & don't succumb to the hype I.E. better kit makes you a better player, or "I've got a YouTube channel with X amount of followers, therefore I'm a lej" bollocks, if "stinky butholio" or whatever exaggerated mgs name he's given himself is failing to follow the site rules, & clearly enough people think so, then the site staff need to get a grip ;)

re the MED incidents, that was myself (hit in the back from no more then 20m by leaf ghillie sniper with srs) and then our pal Nathan who took headshot - again from less then 20m...  and this was by the same fella..  effing hurt and left a nice mark.. I called the guy out on it but didn't get an acknowledgment - could have easily got me with his mk23 from that range but whatever -  I called Marshal over who confirmed he was too close and pulled him on it and its after that he did the same to Nath?! .. anyway, as Bill said in his review, we got our sweet revenge.. haha :ph34r: boooya!

this is all very small sh*t though on an otherwise great day and well looking forward to going back to Battle lakes again.... top site.. Apocalypse next

Guest PT247

Battle Lakes is an awesome site, the players play well and fair, the marshalls always act on reports given to them. Generally those that play there are of a higher caliber than a lot of the other sites I've played at. I hope folk realise that this was an out of the ordinary situation? :-) 

As a regular player there i cant say i have ever encountered an issue with MED rules and snipers so i hope that was just a one off incident, i generally snipe there as i cant be arsed with all the running around because its a big site

Hope to see some of you on the 18th

On ‎04‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 10:10 PM, PT247 said:

Battle Lakes is an awesome site, the players play well and fair, the marshalls always act on reports given to them. Generally those that play there are of a higher caliber than a lot of the other sites I've played at. I hope folk realise that this was an out of the ordinary situation? :-) 

agree with the above.

Apocalypse this Sunday if any AS forum members about for some pew pew action....

• Supporters

We shall be there, group of 6 nutters. Our first time on site, so shall be a good one, look out for a pair of bushes and 3 MTP guys, and a random green guy, and that’ll be my lot, there shall be 2 lanky sods, come and say hello to one of us.

On 12/03/2018 at 5:52 PM, Prisce said:

We shall be there, group of 6 nutters. Our first time on site, so shall be a good one, look out for a pair of bushes and 3 MTP guys, and a random green guy, and that’ll be my lot, there shall be 2 lanky sods, come and say hello to one of us.

Deffo mate!! 4 of us going so will be good to link up!

i too shall be a walking bush for the day... wearing same get up as I did for battle lakes.... pic below

myself on far left, the immortal one in the middle (you can call him Bob) and Bill on far right.... Nath was taking the pic.. so that’s our group

D93F12D6-AB48-427B-BE24-8C54B73B4964.jpeg

Just now, Gazmeister said:

Deffo mate!! 4 of us going so will be good to link up!

i too shall be a walking bush for the day... wearing same get up as I did for battle lakes.... pic below

myself on far left, the immortal one in the middle (you can call him Bob) and Bill on far right.... Nath was taking the pic.. so that’s our group

D93F12D6-AB48-427B-BE24-8C54B73B4964.jpeg

Nath (so he doesn’t feel left out)

AB72D0ED-4681-46F1-83BA-6EA41E28FCC6.jpeg

• Supporters

We shall be wearing our new AFUK patches thanks @L3wisD.

We shall defo meet up, you can see how us nutters play, we should have comms(for the first time) so we can talk more bollocks to each other. 

Should be fun, looking forward to it, although this pesky snow could put a spanner in the works.

6 minutes ago, Prisce said:

We shall defo meet up, you can see how us nutters play, we should have comms(for the first time) so we can talk more bollocks to each other. 

Should be fun, looking forward to it, although this pesky snow could put a spanner in the works.

Yeah we used comms for first time last time out.... deffo came in handy given the size of battle lakes!

will hopefully have you lot on our side then..... best to be on the nutters side I say!!

see you Sunday mate.

Gaz

On 14/03/2018 at 7:12 PM, Prisce said:

Hello fella, did you lads go in the end?

• Supporters
12 minutes ago, Gazmeister said:

Hello fella, did you lads go in the end?

Yes mate, we only did half a day as we weren’t exactly feeling it. The people and the marshalls were great, just didn’t think the site was all it had been hyped up to be.

And after lying in the snow for 20mins I didn’t have much inclination to go back out there.

If your ever come north of the river for a game, give us a shout as we are bound to come along for a laugh.

Guest PT247
19 minutes ago, Prisce said:

Yes mate, we only did half a day as we weren’t exactly feeling it. The people and the marshalls were great, just didn’t think the site was all it had been hyped up to be.

And after lying in the snow for 20mins I didn’t have much inclination to go back out there.

If your ever come north of the river for a game, give us a shout as we are bound to come along for a laugh.

was this Battle Lakes or Apocalypse? (Just so it doesn't put people off the wrong site!)

• Supporters
19 minutes ago, PT247 said:

was this Battle Lakes or Apocalypse? (Just so it doesn't put people off the wrong site!)

BattleLakes. Like I say, the players, Marshall’s, safe zone, food were all awesome( wouldn’t expect anything less from Zed Adventures), just the site I didn’t think was as amazing as everyone makes it out to be.

Think I have been spoilt with some really great sites.

Guest PT247

ahh fair enough, I guess horses for courses, I thought it to be an awesome layout once you get your head around the map. I love the freedom to roam and flank folk so it surprises me that you didn't gel with the map.

• Supporters
1 minute ago, PT247 said:

ahh fair enough, I guess horses for courses, I thought it to be an awesome layout once you get your head around the map. I love the freedom to roam and flank folk so it surprises me that you didn't gel with the map.

Your not wrong. The layout is a bit bottlenecked, no matter what you’ll end up at a position that’s difficult to advance on. Don’t get me wrong, our snipers had a field day, but that was one of the issues.

I managed to get into a bush and Mk23 5 guys, before someone just came in bushwhacking, full auto on all the bushes and peppered me at less than 4ft. If he’d opened his eyes he would have seen me; I’m not exactly small or discrete.

Also, travel to there from mine was over 90miles, don’t think I’ll be heading back anytime soon.

On 21/03/2018 at 8:28 PM, Prisce said:

Haha think we have our wires crossed fella as I thought you were going Apocalypse! No wonder I couldn’t find you haha

yeah the snow was grim wasn’t it mate, was freezing our n*ts off waiting around for first game to begin....was the longest site rule/game briefing I’ve ever listened too! We stayed till around half 3 then chipped off quickly as the snow started coming down hard! Literally couldn’t tell if the bb’s were hitting their targets in the end.... 

site was alright tho, quite big with free roam like at battle lakes which was good. Buildings/villages were decent enough with towers etc which made assaulting a challenge. 

That is the shame with battle lakes that it has no buildings or fortified positions to defend or attack. Also some mechanised transport would make games more interesting... one of the games we did at apocalypse involved defending a pickup whilst it made its way through the woods whilst it dropped bombs off at various locations... it couldn’t move unless 4 players or more were defending it... enjoyed that one..... safe zone area was better then battle lakes as there were plenty of raised covered wooden tables to put you gear on..... hot food good too.

yes mate we are always on lookout for new decent places to go so may well come up to you area in future... what’s the best ones near you mate?

looking forward to uk vs USA at dogtag in May! A long weekend of pew pew and beer!

gaz

Archived