new here and to airsoft - which MP5 manufacturer?

old and slow
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi

as the title says, i'm new to this site and new to airsoft. I have submitted my UKARA paperwork and I am now looking for an MP5.

I am considering the G&G MP5A5 however before parting with my hard earned I would like to know if this is a wise choice of manufacturer etc and whether another manufacturers MP5 would be a better choice.

Thanks for any advice

• Supporters

Bought the classic army B&T MP5A5 (classic army's top of the range model) literally last thursday, feels awesome, everything that should be metal is metal, really good plastics on it (ABS or something)

hop up is great, really accurate, shot it the length of the shop (about 30m) and was hitting within about 10cm groupings, so man size target at 50m easy

only problem is it isn't a beginners budget weapon at £265 for the model i picked without battery/charger/spare mags

certainly though, the G&G ones are good

and a budget would help, also are you using it indoors or out?

Bought the classic army B&T MP5A5 (classic army's top of the range model) literally last thursday, feels awesome, everything that should be metal is metal, really good plastics on it (ABS or something)

hop up is great, really accurate, shot it the length of the shop (about 30m) and was hitting within about 10cm groupings, so man size target at 50m easy

only problem is it isn't a beginners budget weapon at £265 for the model i picked without battery/charger/spare mags

certainly though, the G&G ones are good

and a budget would help, also are you using it indoors or out?

Hi Dave

Budget wise I am looking at a maximum of £500 but hoping to find something decent in the £200-£300 range.

I'd been considering this http://www.zerooneairsoft.net/images/T-MP5-A5.jpg

I would plan to use the MP mostly indoors CQB stuff and as I progress in skill etc move up to buying an outdoors weapon too at a later date.

What I am looking for is something that will do the job straight out of the box, its not going to break, its reliable and finally it looks good.

Cheers

The ICS mp5's (of which there are a plethora of variants) are very good and should be around the £200 mark. They are perfectly good for ccb, and can also do well in woodland. Zeroone have loads of them.

As to skill, there is not a lot of difference between woodland and ccb, ccb tends to be a bit more fast paced, whereas woodland has a bit more range and moving into position. Best bet is to find regular players and follow them about, so you learn the sites, learn the games and learn the best ambush/shooting positions

• AF-UK Founding Member

Most would say TM, CA and ICS versions are better (as Dave has said with his CA) but they do cost more, honestly I think you'd be happy with anything from either of those 3 (not that you wouldn't be happy with the G&G necessarily)

ICS have the broadest range of MP5's so if you're really looking to get one exactly as you'd like it then that'd be the way to go.

• Supporters

ICS or CA, cant go wrong!

Seen an ICS Mp5 SD6 (sliding stock one? cant remember there names :)) outrange 90% of AEG's for such a small barrel has some performance on it.

Thanks, I like the look of the ICS MP5A4 or the ICS MX5 pro with the three burst fire option although my old and wise head is telling me this is more to go wrong!!

However

Having now read some reviews on the MX5 Pro it would appear that the 3 round burst is as good as the Systema........

Archived