Can you cover two tone guns?

Staticwolf
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I don't mean respray them, I realise this is totally against the law. However, it's been a while since I read up on my airsofting laws, and I can't remember how this stands.

Would it be possibly to just literally cover my gun in scrim? I've gone and bought some camo coloured scrim and covered my AEG in it. As far as I can remember, there is no law against this; Am I right?

Thanks in advance =]

totally fine, exactly what i did today at xsite airsoft 2nd skirmish for meeeeee, it is fine, you have to put it on when you get there and take it off at the end before you leave though

• Supporters

Manufacture is covered by the skirmishers defence and is thus NOT totally against the law. If you can prove you're a skirmisher, you can respray anything you want. How you prove you're a skirmisher without UKARA is down to you and/or the court.

As for covering for the duration of a skirmish, you're actually manufacturing a RIF to do that, BUT, being as it's presumably done on a skirmish site, during a days skirmishing, it would be obvious you had the skirmishers defence.

does this mean i have to be 18 to cover my gun with tape WHILE im there??

holy crap

• AF-UK Founding Member

No, since you are clearly skirmishing at a skirmish site you can have a non permanent covering. No one is going to come down to the site and try and spot out and arrest the people using a two-tone who have decided to cover it a little in order to try and blend in better.

oh right yeah i was thinking that lol i got scared cos i went a whole day today with it on lol, matt scared me lol

Archived