new snazzy armalite!!!

Rock-climby-Dave
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

OK, so the plastic body on my much beloved marui M16VN has broken on me, irreparibly (every point that takes a body pin or any stress has cracked off)

this leaves me with a prefectly working stock, barrel and V2 gearbox + motor/grip

so I will be making use of this opportunity to create the most awesome armalite the world has ever seen....

as such:

THIS is my reciever of choice

anything similar would be appreciated (vampires and such would be cool - no marines/blackwater/SEALs)

I would like some assitance finding a front end though:

Standard M16 length barrel

ideally RIS, but definatly NOT a stock foregrip thing

If RIS, a numbering system would be appreciated

delta rings and things MUST be included

doesn't need a flash hider As I'll be buying an awesome one instead

£100 upper limit £130 for something special

Flash hider, pick an awesome flash hider with 14mmCCW threads and post a pic £40 STRICT limit on that and as 'undiggy' (woodland players will know what I mean) as possible.

Winner gets the flash hider on my rifle

it's a lot to read, thanks if you did though

any help like usual is appreciated

cheers

Dave

• Supporters

you will be lucky to get a RIS cheap for an M16 :P,

http://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/clas...ris-set-for-m16

the body alone will set you back ~ £50

delta rings are cheap as long you look for the correct type! (has the teeth)

You would also need a new Hop-up as the one you have is a 2 piece, i think you will have trouble fitting the TM type barrel.

IMHO your better off getting a JG ABS body for like £20 they are still about..........somewhere.

• Supporters

nope, M4/16 style full hop up unit

and as long as I have 4 figures left in my bank account when I'm done and I get a rifle I am truly attatched to, then I will be happy.

You CAN just go and buy a rifle off a shelf and match EVERYONE else's gun on the field.

OR you can spend a bit more, do it yourself, have exactly what you want and have the know how to fix or replace broken parts

http://www.gp-web.com/en/productspop.php?pid=1984

best armalite ever eh.....

get petrol

poor over

light

job done

or spray bright yellow smiley faces all and stick flower in barrel over it

I second what bigshep suggested!

On topic - The zombie hunter one looks great, although there are a few other 'comic' ones avaliable.

My favourite is a 'religious' one ('miracle', 'devine intervention', 'second coming of the Lord') which has really nice typography (really old scroll-like text).

G&P frame IRRC.

At some point the future, ICS will release their FNC and FAL - which (the orrigional design from last year anyway) had the screw-thread you were after. The FNC one looks very nice

lukey, that isn't fair, how can ANYONE choose between those D:

and let's try and keep this vaguely helpfull for me, bigshep

Personally i think the second flash hider is best :)

Get the second flash hider im going to order that one tonight for my g36

• AF-UK Founding Member

If you do order from HK and are going for that many things (especially from one place), it might not be a bad idea to make sure you're UKARA is included as it could look like you're trying to manufacture a RIF.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters

OK, so everything has arrived (except the flash hider) and is now fully assembled

Here is the reason why I could not continue with the VN reciever:

(this will be continued over seevral posts due to image sizes)

on the first picture, the 2 parts should be joined together, they support the rear of the gun - snapped clean off.

on the second picture id the obvious lack of anything for the front pin to go through, but look at the left hand side, there is a thin black line. That is another crack the runs ALL the way round the barrel.

post-598-1297606671_thumb.jpeg

post-598-1297606713_thumb.jpg

Archived