Minecraft

Finius
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

just finished 9 hours of minecraft:

1. built tower with torch on top

2. built house next to it

3. mined cobblestone to make house better

4. didnt like cobblestone house

5. mined more cobblestone to fire into clean stone

6. re-did EVERY block in clean stone

7. built greenhouse with connecting tunnel

8. made bridge to tower from (1)

9. wanted tower to be a lighthouse

10. sheep take forever to respawn so I can have red/white stripes for lighthouse

11. still not done

all with various quests into nearby caves

• Supporters

I've made the mistake of digging straight down a few times, but I've learnt my lesson now.

I usually keep a few wiki pages open to tell me what I need to know crafting and advice wise.

Haven't checked out the nether, my picks never seem to be able to do anything to the material you need to make a portal.

As for building projects, so far I've had two major projects; my initial base. I decided to dig into the ground for my first base, but eventually I added a tower some fortifications and a few rooms etc. Then I added a few mineshafts.

My second building was an island fort. I reshaped a small island and build a pretty naff castle on it, three floors above waterline, dock to the side to make getting into a boat easier and a sand trap above the only way in. I've also got overhangs all around the edge to prevent spiders getting in.

I also tend to keep my main mine shaft within the base.

Was just wondering, what's your process when you work a mine shaft, I tend to head straight down till I hit something interesting, then I leave a shelf and mine down some more, eventually I hit a cave opening which is where my shaft finishes. I can then work back up, digging out a tunnel at each shelf till I find more caves. Once my tunnels are done I start on the caves. I also make the roof of my shaft glass so that when I'm at the bottom I can see whether it's day or night.

Do you have a "kit" you carry when playing?

• Supporters

My process:

Dig 2 blocks wide by 2 blocks long square straight down untill either:

1. I get bored

2. I hit a cave

Explore cave, making sure to mark the way back to the shaft (usually a cobblestone or similar with a torch on top)

return to shaft and continue to either lava or adminium

my kit:

2/3 iron picks

1 iron spade

64 torches

64 planks

64 coal

a couple of ladders never go amiss

64 gravel/sand for filling lava

64 dirt/cobblestone - this is the only item I go down with that i return to my base with more of :P

a crafting table

I stay down untill either:

1. I get bored

2. I run out of iron picks, at which point I use the wood to make a few stone ones to help me get back out

I also run it on peacefull most of the time, not through lack of wanting mobs, theya re fun.

it is though dislike of bricking yourself every time you turn a corner or anything. I couldn't make the home journey with an inventory containg diamonds with mobs on.... what if you got creepered or you missed 1 archer? all that time + diamonds gone D:

is mine craft free, where can i get it? is it on PC? lol heard of it, have nooooo idea what to do, but i suppose mining is involved, and building

• Supporters

Rock-climby-dave; seems like a good setup, I used to just wander around with picks, ladders and torches, but you seem a bit better prepared.

Today, I discovered InvEdit, then I discovered TNT, now I have a map which is solely reserved for being blown up :D

If your desprate for dimond etc try making a quarry....

Basicly a 20x20 mine shaft useing a staircase as the method of getting down and up

It takes time but you do get alot of goodies out of it

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Supporters

I'd forgotten about this topic xD

Started playing online, spent a week making an awesome sand-fort (think alamo), then the server admin decided there was too much lag and that actually, he'd reset the server, so now I'm back on SP.

Built an amazing mountain top pagoda-esque castle, lots of walkways connecting floating rocks etc, then, one night, when I was heading to my mineshaft...Creepers, creepers everywhere...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

1. made a server

2. 4 of us, made a small home just over the sea from the spawn

3. made a tunnel

4. dug down to the bedrock

5. thought it was going to be about 1/2 hour in the tunnel

6. spent 4 hours in that damn tunnel.

7. when we finally surfaced, 6 creepers in my face.

8. dug the other way... Ocean.

Wat.

It's just so fun and it gets even better when you play with friends. :D

Edit: sorry for the hugemassivenecro, just thought I had to share my expedition :)

• Supporters

recently purchased minecraft

Great game and can be addictive but once youve built a base etc theres not much more you can do! until you get the urge to explore or build something massive however your right back at it in a week or two :P

still in beta cant wait for the full release and the content that awaits us :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Supporters
Any guesses as to what it's meant to be?

A minecraft map? Maybe?

• Supporters

Airsoft site :P

And yes, I do have WAY too much free time. I'm home alone, for two weeks. With NOTHING to do D: Thus why I'm taking photos of 1911's and whisky, making airsoft site's I would build if I won the lottery on minecraft, and generally being a pest on the forums :P

• Supporters

But during that time, did you have work/transport/friends in the area? xD Two weeks is a long time when all you've got for company is two dogs, one of which is into eating passports ¬.¬

Archived