Custom paint work

GearTech
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Would you do a dye i4? There's not much real estate but they could look pretty good!

On Sunday, March 04, 2018 at 11:58 AM, Iisjreg said:

Would you do a dye i4? There's not much real estate but they could look pretty good!

I think the problem would be is the lack of surface area to actually paint.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Supporters
47 minutes ago, GearTech said:

Far Cry AEG high def 3.JPG

Far Cry AEG high def 4.JPG

Far Cry AEG high def 5.JPG

Far Cry AEG high def 6.JPG

Far Cry AEG high def 7.jpg

Far Cry AEG high def 8.JPG

Love the Project at Eden's Gate paint job. 

• Supporters

Im surprised by the amount of Ronins you seem to work on. Are they all UK_based, or are you getting them from France (I know there are several teams there that use them)?

• Supporters
On 10/31/2017 at 6:05 PM, GearTech said:

59f8bb5238f52_Evo1copy.jpg.4006e7deae6edd5cc4138f0dac404fd4.jpg

I am truly impressed good sir you’ve ACTUALLY made an Evo look nice ! 😱

On 08/06/2018 at 02:52, SeniorSpaz87 said:

Im surprised by the amount of Ronins you seem to work on. Are they all UK_based, or are you getting them from France (I know there are several teams there that use them)?

I bought them direct from the manufacturer.

FB_IMG_1527265893626.jpg

FB_IMG_1527265900652.jpg

received_10216338302107004.jpeg

received_10216338302707019.jpeg

received_10216338302827022.jpeg

received_10216338301586991.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
  • Supporters

I know it’s a real “how longs a piece of string?” question and on your web page you’ve got a ‘get a quote’ section but what I was hoping for is you’d be able to tell us a VERY ruff ballpark figure for an M4 to be painted in something like one of your Templar type paint jobs ? 

Reason here not there is I was recently talking about your work and now know of a few players (like my self) who’d love one of your paint jobs but A; are not 100% sure about what to have done and B; all being family men don’t want too get all excited about a job AND then realize we can’t afford it ! 😭

Do realise exelent custom work like yours isn’t cheap but hopefully you can see where I’m coming from ?

cheers bud .👍

On 26/06/2018 at 08:57, Druid799 said:

I know it’s a real “how longs a piece of string?” question and on your web page you’ve got a ‘get a quote’ section but what I was hoping for is you’d be able to tell us a VERY ruff ballpark figure for an M4 to be painted in something like one of your Templar type paint jobs ? 

Reason here not there is I was recently talking about your work and now know of a few players (like my self) who’d love one of your paint jobs but A; are not 100% sure about what to have done and B; all being family men don’t want too get all excited about a job AND then realize we can’t afford it ! 😭

Do realise exelent custom work like yours isn’t cheap but hopefully you can see where I’m coming from ?

cheers bud .👍

Most of my paint jobs range in price from £70-£100. Something like an M4 in a worn tan with one mag would be the £70 option. The Templar m4 wouldn't actually be much much as there weren't that many colours used. Probably £80. Prices climb a little if it's something like the HALO or Boba Fett finish as thete is more masking involved. In general though all paint finishes are £100 or under. Only time it goes above that is when there are multiple mags and attachments that all need painting too.

I've been told I'm too cheap but being a married man with 2 kids myself I know a lot of folks don't have cash to splash about and I enjoy doing them and seeing the reactions they get.

Hope that helps.

The jacket was my first go at distressing clothing. On one side, the dirtier looking side, I used a lot of acrylic spray paint and really thinned down oil paints to give the appearance of stains.

On the other I used a sludge that came out of the heating system when we were putting in a new kitchen.

The paints work as you woukd expect but give the material a bit of a stiff feel to them. The sludge worked just like a dye and left the fabric nice and soft. 

I need to get hold of some 'Dirty Down' fabric crayons as they would be much better for around the cuffs, collar, elbows, etc. I'm also going to get some black and brown clothes dye to play about with.

So far it's all been an experiment. Posted below are a few more pics as I've added some stencils and a back pack. Still quite a bit to do but it's good fun.

FB_IMG_1529960566606.jpg

FB_IMG_1529960570271.jpg

FB_IMG_1529960573491.jpg

FB_IMG_1529960576404.jpg

• Supporters

Fluck me sideways and call me Doris !😳

I was expecting £250-300 plus ! 😱

Think you’ll be getting a lot of business coming your way VERY soon ! 👍

8 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Fluck me sideways and call me Doris !😳

I was expecting £250-300 plus ! 😱

Think you’ll be getting a lot of business coming your way VERY soon ! 👍

Told you I was too cheap

Here's what I have so far. It's old as fuck so the cuffs and bottom are starting to fray well. Getting the elastic redone in the bottom.

20180626_125315.jpg

I think next I'll get more cold water dye but use it dry, adding it to the seems and other areas then smooshing it in with a cloth to activate, then a quick rinse wash once dry to seal it in again. Add a fee patches/logos/lettering I've not decided on yet.

Then I'm gonna roll around the garage floor in it, we have carpet and its stained with all sorts of oil and crap. Then finish it off with a few layers of nikwax cos it makes matrial go all crunchey and nice.

• Supporters
11 minutes ago, GearTech said:

Told you I was too cheap

Joking aside mate that is well below what I was expecting, good on you for keeping your prices down .

the quality of your work you could ask a lot more .

3 minutes ago, Duff said:

20180626_125315.jpg

Aaaaaaaahhhh it horrible! My eyes my eyes ! 😱😱😱

4 hours ago, Duff said:

Here's what I have so far. It's old as fuck so the cuffs and bottom are starting to fray well. Getting the elastic redone in the bottom.

20180626_125315.jpg

I think next I'll get more cold water dye but use it dry, adding it to the seems and other areas then smooshing it in with a cloth to activate, then a quick rinse wash once dry to seal it in again. Add a fee patches/logos/lettering I've not decided on yet.

Then I'm gonna roll around the garage floor in it, we have carpet and its stained with all sorts of oil and crap. Then finish it off with a few layers of nikwax cos it makes matrial go all crunchey and nice.

Hack saw blades and hole saws are a great way to get frayed edges. 

• 1 month later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.