Gearbox help

rsksmiles
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello I have a problem with what I believe is a version 2 gearbox. It is from a ca colt m4 bax.

The plastic "teeth holes" in the piston have been ripped by the teeth. I have teplaced the piston with a "ultimate" piston which has metal "teeth holes". I put it all back together and it works - hurrah!

The problem is thaton fully auto the piston/ spring blocks back and won't go forward. The gearbox has an anti reversal gizmo which if released (as described in the manual) the piston goes forward. It works but is hardly ideal for airsofting.

What would happen if I removed the anti reversal thingy? Will it break the piston or something?

Does anyone have any ideas?

Also is it me or do you need atleast 3 hands to put the geabox back together ;)

as above check its the same length as original, also when you refitted check the cogs were in correct position.

you will get major problems if you removed the anti reversal latch, and make sure its spring is in place or the bevel gear with have a wobbly!!!! :blink:

and yes it helps if you're a alien with 4 hands to rebuild gearboxes :P

The new piston has the same number of teeth as the previous one.

I have disassembled my gearbox (again) and removed the anti reversal latch and it shoots fine now without blocking.

I was wondering about replacing the gearbox with this one?

http://www.ebairsoft.com/jing-gong-complet...ing-p-2842.html

It looks the same but they talk about 7mm - is that the bore size i.e. 7mm bbs?

Archived