Hi I'm new; need a bit of reassurance.

Bloodless2010

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey guys, new to this forum and airsofting in general.

I recently bought a Blackviper G36 (Yes I know, not the best) -- But it's my first airsoft gun (If you could even call it that) and I plan on going to my first airsoft game in about a week, my goal is to use this first time and to use it to get a basic feel of the game, I really like the G36 look, so I'm probably gonna go for a JG G36C (http://www.airsoftworld.net/jg-g36c-assault-rifle-g608.html) when I have the money for it. I don't have a UKARA membership/number so that's my problem when buying a gun, it's not easy to find a decent gun that I can get cheaply 'two-toned'. Plus I don't really fancy spending a lot of money on a gun straight away without even having played a few games. On that fact, I don't see a point in buying a two-toned version of a decent gun, when I can get a UKARA membership relatively soon, I'd then be stuck with a bright gun when it's not necessary. My last question is, with the JG G36C, it's listed at 350FPS and my site's maximum is listed at 350FPS, is there a way of lowering the FPS by about 10 maybe for it to be in the safezone? Still new to the world of airsoft, so bear with me :) Thanks!

The blackviper G36 if it at least meets its specs is potentially skirmish able, an fps of 280-320 is under powered but not ridiculously so. I suspect its accuracy and other capabilities are not great and it might impact your enjoyment of the games but its not as bad as some of the guns people buy before they first go play a game. I wouldn't personally recommend it as a first gun, you need to spend about £100 to get anything skirmish worthy and JG/G&G/ICS all do reasonable guns in that sort of price range that are fine (I would personally recommend the G&G more than the JG based on the components).

My recommendation is always just go and play and rent your equipment. Rental stuff is OK and it will be competitive and also avoid sunk costs when you don't know if you will enjoy the sport, its usually the cheapest way to get to UKARA and hence be able to avoid two tone guns. When I did it my rental onsite was £30 a game so it turned out to be cheaper to buy a two tone but that isn't all that normal.

The JG G36C if its listed as 350 fps is more than likely going to come below that, but order it over the phone and get them to test it and confirm its below the limits with their chronograph before sending it. This is a common concern for airsofters and mostly the issue is shops shipping guns at 300-310 fps and hence being too low rather than being too high. Almost every airsoft AEG sold in the UK is below 350 fps by default so its not a big worry and not one you'll have for two months anyway at this point.

The blackviper G36 if it at least meets its specs is potentially skirmish able, an fps of 280-320 is under powered but not ridiculously so. I suspect its accuracy and other capabilities are not great and it might impact your enjoyment of the games but its not as bad as some of the guns people buy before they first go play a game. I wouldn't personally recommend it as a first gun, you need to spend about £100 to get anything skirmish worthy and JG/G&G/ICS all do reasonable guns in that sort of price range that are fine (I would personally recommend the G&G more than the JG based on the components).

My recommendation is always just go and play and rent your equipment. Rental stuff is OK and it will be competitive and also avoid sunk costs when you don't know if you will enjoy the sport, its usually the cheapest way to get to UKARA and hence be able to avoid two tone guns. When I did it my rental onsite was £30 a game so it turned out to be cheaper to buy a two tone but that isn't all that normal.

The JG G36C if its listed as 350 fps is more than likely going to come below that, but order it over the phone and get them to test it and confirm its below the limits with their chronograph before sending it. This is a common concern for airsofters and mostly the issue is shops shipping guns at 300-310 fps and hence being too low rather than being too high. Almost every airsoft AEG sold in the UK is below 350 fps by default so its not a big worry and not one you'll have for two months anyway at this point.

Appreciate your input :) Rental gear is a bit much for my site, £45! I am saving a bunch of money, surely the blackviper G36 may not be the best but it should get me through 3 games, right? Do you think the JG G36C is a good AEG that will last me awhile, I'm considering playing long term and I want something nice that'll hopefully last (Heck I'd be happy to get a year or two out of it for £150 really)

• Supporters

Appreciate your input :) Rental gear is a bit much for my site, £45! I am saving a bunch of money, surely the blackviper G36 may not be the best but it should get me through 3 games, right? Do you think the JG G36C is a good AEG that will last me awhile, I'm considering playing long term and I want something nice that'll hopefully last (Heck I'd be happy to get a year or two out of it for £150 really)

The Mall? Only place I know of that charges that much (25 dollars over here in the states :)).

• Supporters

Try £80 once you get ukara'd

http://www.taiwangun.com/en/electric/608-jg?from=listing&campaign-id=19

Now - I'm 99% certain your Black Viper or Well D68 mag(s) won't fit "proper" G36c's

Yes at a scrape the BV G36c you can get by with, choose you battles carefully though

you are gonna be out ranged by many/most so you are at a disadvantage straight away

In cqb you stand a better chance but don't bother trying to shoot anything over say 40m

maybe 30m might be limit as rof/range/fps sucks a bit

the 280fps might be on 0.12g's only say 240 on 0.20's - these JBBG or BBG4Less kinda quote leaner performance figures

So adjust play style to suit you & your gun's limits and you will have a better time and not get your ar$e kicked too badly

If anybody else is reading this considering a cheap starter

G&G Raider 2-tone for free from Zero One

or if you like clear guns

ICS clear M4's from FireSupport - I got the 42-W but think commando would be great option

seriously - if you could of run to say £120 you would of seen the big difference in a better starter gun

Still The BV G36/Well D68 isn't complete $hit - tiny bit better than B500a1

still plastic gearbox and mags are not fully JG compatible....

But when you get ukara'd you won't be buying from sites with BB in their names selling to kids and noobs

PS - I and many others bought similar stuff at first

you have passed the AF-UK initiation test and though you might have made an easy mistake

you will learn a valuable lesson and at least now you found this place much earlier than I did

(I bought a few crappy guns starting out - so you have done better than me :))

Where is your local site blood? Is £45 including site fees?

I have a jg g36c gen 2. My son uses it. It feels great, well built and solid. My only issues are;

The battery compartment is very small, same in most g36. So I was only able to fit a small 7.4 lipo in there.

Also even with a lipo I find the trigger response to be sluggish on semi auto.

Where is your local site blood? Is £45 including site fees?

I have a jg g36c gen 2. My son uses it. It feels great, well built and solid. My only issues are;

The battery compartment is very small, same in most g36. So I was only able to fit a small 7.4 lipo in there.

Also even with a lipo I find the trigger response to be sluggish on semi auto.

My local site is Taskforce Bridgend, and I'm pretty sure it's £45 for the whole shabbang.

Try £80 once you get ukara'd

http://www.taiwangun.com/en/electric/608-jg?from=listing&campaign-id=19

Now - I'm 99% certain your Black Viper or Well D68 mag(s) won't fit "proper" G36c's

Yes at a scrape the BV G36c you can get by with, choose you battles carefully though

you are gonna be out ranged by many/most so you are at a disadvantage straight away

In cqb you stand a better chance but don't bother trying to shoot anything over say 40m

maybe 30m might be limit as rof/range/fps sucks a bit

the 280fps might be on 0.12g's only say 240 on 0.20's - these JBBG or BBG4Less kinda quote leaner performance figures

So adjust play style to suit you & your gun's limits and you will have a better time and not get your ar$e kicked too badly

If anybody else is reading this considering a cheap starter

G&G Raider 2-tone for free from Zero One

or if you like clear guns

ICS clear M4's from FireSupport - I got the 42-W but think commando would be great option

seriously - if you could of run to say £120 you would of seen the big difference in a better starter gun

Still The BV G36/Well D68 isn't complete $hit - tiny bit better than B500a1

still plastic gearbox and mags are not fully JG compatible....

But when you get ukara'd you won't be buying from sites with BB in their names selling to kids and noobs

PS - I and many others bought similar stuff at first

you have passed the AF-UK initiation test and though you might have made an easy mistake

you will learn a valuable lesson and at least now you found this place much earlier than I did

(I bought a few crappy guns starting out - so you have done better than me :))

As for the mags not fitting, that isn't really a big issue for me. I decided to cancel the order, I'll purchase a JG G36C (or G36K) with a tone-tone service, only problem is now that'll take an extra week for it to be sprayed, when my game is on the 28 :( I'll just have to rent gear.

£45 all in for your days sport is about right. £20 for hire £20 for site fees and usually £5 of bbs.

You have done the right thing by cancelling ur order.

Welcome to the world of endlessly ordering sh*t u don't need.

As a new member on here, there is some useful information in this thread. First game is on 13th March.
Full hire is £25 (Inc 3K bb's), weapon only hire is £15 (No bb's)

Was going to buy a 2-tone, but rather save the money and use site gear until I can get enough together for a decent RIF.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.