A-TACS, Advanced TActical Concealment System

Nex
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I was just wondering if anybody across the pond was as stoked about this stuff as I am. What do you guys think of this stuff? Personally I think it kicks multi-cams butt.

atacs-11x111.jpg

a-tacs-camo.jpg

http://a-tacs.com/

http://www.tacticalassaultgearstore.com/

Propper International is coming out with ACU cuts of this in late March. It is reportedly $70 MSRP for the pants and $70 MSRP for the shirt. So it should be about 45 pounds each for you guys.

T.A.G also has exclusive rights on the gear. They are already selling the stuff.

The really cool thing about this camo is that 1. its adaptive like Multicam and 2. DCS the maker of A-TACS has already partnered with companies like Danner, Bushmaster, and T.A.G. to produce just about everything in A-TACS color. They have everything from boots to sunglasses frames in A-TACS!

Unknown-7.jpeg

A-TACS_kneeling.jpg

• 2 years later...
  • Supporters

To me it looks like someone has put Multi-Cam through an "Oil Painting" plugin in an image editor like Photoshop. So yeah, better than MC. Good for the drier climates of the world, complete bollocks for temperate forest / farmland. I expect it's pretty good in urban environments with plenty of concrete also, but brick buildings, tarmac roads, temperate gardens, not so much...

• Supporters

Is anyone aware of a UK retailer that sells the waterproof Danner A-TACS boots? I'm really struggling to find them, and I'm sure you can appreciate that I don't want to order them from the US in case I get the size wrong.

find someone who stocks the same boot (Danner Desert TFX) in non-atacs and get it ordered in.

Chances are there is only 3/4 shops with it in store in the UK (the TFX that is) Once you know the size you need - danner tend to be a tight fit - get one ordered in from the shop you visited/another UK based danner supplier. If they are the boots you want, be prepared for a long wait. (maybe upto 3 months, depending on UK supplier stock levels)

find someone who stocks the same boot (Danner Desert TFX) in non-atacs and get it ordered in.

Chances are there is only 3/4 shops with it in store in the UK (the TFX that is) Once you know the size you need - danner tend to be a tight fit - get one ordered in from the shop you visited/another UK based danner supplier. If they are the boots you want, be prepared for a long wait. (maybe upto 3 months, depending on UK supplier stock levels)

It's specifically the A-TACS boot I'm interested in but I suppose I could at least get an idea of the size required. The only place I saw the A-TACS boot for sale in the UK was in the Grange store but that was the hot climate boot (non-waterproof) and was only in size 7 1/2. I haven't seen it anywhere else.

You could find a UK->US sizing table and then order them from the USA. If there are any stocked over here, they would be a bugger to find.

I think that's what I'll have to do. I'd like to get the size just right though, so that they're as comfortable as possible. I may have to find, as suggested by someone else, a non-ATACS featured pair of the same boot in the UK so that I can get the right size and then order the equivalent US size in the A-TACS featured version of the boot.

That A-TAC camo looks really nice. Shame its not more widely available. Then again if it was, every bigger would have it.

Archived