Odin Innovations M12 Airsoft Speed Loader

Sacarathe
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

I have one. Its great IMO - works with my KWA and Magpul midcaps, as well as all the random midcaps Ive acquired over the years. Really useful for MilSims or quick turnarounds at games.

Anyone tried these on TM recoil mags ?

I asked elsewhere and within 5 mins 2 people said yeah they are fine and another 2 so said no 😂😂

Im seriously thinking about getting one as I hate thumb loaders and usually use a stick and peashooter loader on my mid caps which takes ages and inevitably ends up with bbs all over the floor.

I dont have TM recoil so cant help with a trial test.

Ive read that the clutch sometimes needs adjustment on these and that the cranks have broken due to <crap glue>, so I am a little reticent to spend £60 on a piece of kit that wont earn its keep.

I suppose like a lot of airsoft stuff, it will end up being another experiment that may or may not work.

On 05/02/2017 at 10:45 AM, Baz JJ said:

I am a little reticent to spend £60 on a piece of kit that wont earn its keep.

It most certainly does earn it's keep.

• One Wind is the equivalent of three thumb presses,
  • you need not hold the magazine,
  • it holds 1600 bbs rather than 100-200
  • you no long need to hold the magazine, :D
  • when the magazine is full you can tell instantly instead of wasting time experimenting/risking damage by forcing every last bb,

Loading one m4 midcap with the odin vs the TM pistol speedloader I'd say the odin is about 20% more efficient.

Loading 5-10 M4 midcaps with the odin I would say it's 80% more efficient.

Loading 1000 BBs into midcaps in under 2 minutes is impossible with any of the other speed loaders.

I'd say in terms of time gained vs earning ability it pays for it self after 10,000 BBs. But it saves you 80% of the time you previously spent.

Though you might drop a few more bbs.

It'll work with TM recoil mags but they don't click into place like normal AEG mags do. You have to hold them in place but it definitely loads them fine.

Thanks buddy

Thanks for everybodys help.

It came and I made an early review here. We will see how it copes with regular use over time.

http://airsoftsofsim.blogspot.co.uk/2017/02/cranking-them-out.html

By the way, Ive come across a cheap copy by CCCP for £21 which looks identical in all but colour. People tell me it is a cheap copy though and the reliability of the imitation is not good.

The original Odin has the name moulded into it.

4 hours ago, Baz JJ said:

Thanks for everybodys help.

It came and I made an early review here. We will see how it copes with regular use over time.

http://airsoftsofsim.blogspot.co.uk/2017/02/cranking-them-out.html

By the way, Ive come across a cheap copy by CCCP for £21 which looks identical in all but colour. People tell me it is a cheap copy though and the reliability of the imitation is not good.

The original Odin has the name moulded into it.

i've actually ordered one of them so will see how it goes..

3 hours ago, Samurai said:

Their website is down. Does anyone perchance have the 3d files for the adapters? Looking for the scorpio one specifically.

from my understanding they have only released about 2 - 3 of the adapters which is a pain. i've asked on their FB page but never had a reply. Bingo Airsoft have their own adapters but probably not cheap once you've got them into the uk..

I dont know how operative Odin are. Their website domain is up for sale and their FB page a bit dormant. It could be that they sold a few thousand units in a production run and these are moving quite slow due to the price.

it will be interesting to see if it moves on with adapters or whether it dies a death due to the slow take up. 

I remember seeing RWTV do a review on this and they look pretty impressive. Just checked and they do have them in Redwolf's UK store although it is over £60 plus shipping so if they're soon to be coming to Europe then I'd wait.

http://uk.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/BBs_Tools_BB_Loading_Tools_Odin_Innovations_M12_Sidewinder_Speed_Loader_BK.htm

• 2 months later...

Well I've found this speedloader to be absolutely wonderful, but without an adaptor for my scorpion and no longer using an M4. I've no used this in a year. Going to sell it.

There's an ACM copy now for £35 too. :/

On 2017-4-28 at 2:09 PM, Sacarathe said:

Well I've found this speedloader to be absolutely wonderful, but without an adaptor for my scorpion and no longer using an M4. I've no used this in a year. Going to sell it.

There's an ACM copy now for £35 too. :/

I got mine for £20 from patrol base and I believe taiwan gun are going to start selling them for about £10...eek.

I have never used the Odin one but I can say the cheap clone is exactly that, cheap and feels like it's going to break. I had the handle/spinny bit fall off twice now, luckily both times I found the screw that holds it in but I think I'm going to buy an Odin version sometime soon instead. Would rather support an actual innovative design than continue to use some cheap rip off edition. I just wanted to see what the design was like and if it would work with my TM NGRS mags (which is kind of does, doesn't lock in but works fine otherwise)

it would be nice if Odin would release all the adapters tho.. like they said they would when it was first announced..

Archived