Average age of airsofters

rsksmiles
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Average age of airsofters  

36 members have voted

1. 1. What is your age??

• <18
    • 18-25
    • 25-45
    • 45+

In short, everybody who is anybody has shot at me.

Nice reply. I wear my battle scars with pride aswell.

I wonder what Freud would say about me shooting my sons? The other way round is fair enough ...it is the natural order of things ;)

Im 27 and all from my team are around my age bar one who is in his mid 30's.

I get a bit annoyed with some of the younger players for instance.

Ive been shot whilst getting stuck in and there is only like 5/6 of you around an objective so ya head off and respawn and on ya way bk ya find all the rest of ya team hiding behind a tree afraid of getting shot im guessing. Tbf its not just youngsters but mostly.

It only hurts for a few seconds guys until ya get shot elsewhere and it takes ya mind of the first shot lol so gather up ya balls and get stuck in!

me and my mates, although 12-13 we are probably the most unusual "kids" who play airsoft, like once we went laser tag/Quasar and me and my friend were like "Stack up on the door!" lol then all these kids (Enemies) run past us :lol: well we use stuff like flanking or breched or something, but when some guy at AWA, he was Tacticool! he was shouting at our team, left side, i repeat enemies coming from the left side, so i just repeated, but tbh we were the only ones at our age with our own guns :D lol

i must admit, i am scared to take hits from 500 fps snipers :lol: im a flippin' chicken ;)

Last time out we (this ex french marine and I) performed a tactical walktrhu because we are getting fedup with the youngsters not being aggressive enough. Our warm up game is everyone against him, me and one of my older boys. It is normally 10 or so to 3 and most times we wipe them out without loss. Reasons why:

- they make contact and run away.

- refuse to work as a team and follow "orders"

- they cannot understand a simple section attack - firebase and flankers.

Thanks for the feedback - nice to hear other people have similar frustrations !

Im 27 and all from my team are around my age bar one who is in his mid 30's.

I get a bit annoyed with some of the younger players for instance.

Ive been shot whilst getting stuck in and there is only like 5/6 of you around an objective so ya head off and respawn and on ya way bk ya find all the rest of ya team hiding behind a tree afraid of getting shot im guessing. Tbf its not just youngsters but mostly.

It only hurts for a few seconds guys until ya get shot elsewhere and it takes ya mind of the first shot lol so gather up ya balls and get stuck in!

Exactly! Im fed up with other players my age acting like pansies! I hate to say it, but Xsite are the worst culprits for this as there are many new younger players who don't know what there doing. One time me, my team, my dad and his mates were attacking a bunker but we were getting ripped to pieces by the enemy because all our team who were mostly kids were standing around doing nothing (cowering behind a tree). Therefore we had no cover fire and the rest were ugly. We all have to start somewhere but its how you start that matters.

It gets really irritating when people my age act like this because it gives us all a bad reputation even if we are serious players. There is now a stereotype that most youngsters are noobs which is ver annoying as Ive been playing for 4 years and most of my team have been playing for 1-3 years and we train the newer guys. Im sure many people my age on the forums have a simmialr problem.

Rant over now :lol:

Sorry about the long post

to be fair the first time i went i was being a bit soft to begin with but once i got hit once that was it, i quickly established in a woodland game type that you are seen and hit a long time before you are close enough for shots to hurt so i was allways on the frontline except for when the fitness let me down keep traveling to spawn points (so would have a sit down and have a ######) lol :P

• 2 weeks later...

Im 21, i started playing about 6...7 years ago, i havent played in around 5 years tho.

Anyhow im dying to get back into it! Buya some gear and preparing my self for battle!

Its nice to know, that people of all shapes ans sizes play airsoft :)

Exactly! Im fed up with other players my age acting like pansies! I hate to say it, but Xsite are the worst culprits for this as there are many new younger players who don't know what there doing. One time me, my team, my dad and his mates were attacking a bunker but we were getting ripped to pieces by the enemy because all our team who were mostly kids were standing around doing nothing (cowering behind a tree). Therefore we had no cover fire and the rest were ugly. We all have to start somewhere but its how you start that matters.

It gets really irritating when people my age act like this because it gives us all a bad reputation even if we are serious players.

Hit the nail on the head.i was playing at MAW yesturday and there was two 13 yr olds on my team.one of them was the most aggresive player ive ever seen.where as the other young player wouldnt listen to instructions given and was messing around.i mean we all want to have a good laugh but at the same time play responsivly.

All I can say is that I can't wait till Im 18 because Im getting bored of the stereotype of younger players are noobs. What matters is experiance not age, I've been playing longer than some people tripple my age. Usually people realise after a few games that me and my mates are decent players but it can be very annoying at new sites we go to where the people we don't know yet automatically catogorise us as noobs. I acctualy prefer playing with adults sometimes, as when I started I was the only under 16 and I found that stereotype didn't exist.

At some sites this barely happens at all, gunman is great for this and the level of gameplay there and the marshelling is excellant. Well done to all the younger players who take the sport seriously. Thats more or less the aim of our team, to bring younger airsofters who play airsoft like it should be played together. We also have a few older members ranging from people in their late teens to people in their forties and fifties.

Yet again I apolagise for my extensively prolongned second rant, this is something that never fails to drive me mad :lol:

Archived