Help with buying airsoft from abroad.

IsrceamMachine
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I just today became a registered member of my local airsoft site and have filled out the UKARA form and now I want to buy my first gun. Here is where I need help. The gun I wish to purchase is on eBay and located in Hong Kong, but on the UKARA form it says I need to send the form to a UKARA registered retailer when making my order.... I'm guessing I can't buy this gun that I've been wanting for so long because of this?

Any clarification would be of great help.

Thanks!

• AF-UK Founding Member

You can still get it and request that your number is clearly put on the outside somewhere, but even so your still likely to end up with customs charges etc. If you can keep your purchases within the UK or even Europe it saves a lot of hassle.

Thanks for the reply. So even though my number hasent been 'activated' as such I can still purchase this gun?

Yeh I've got enough money to cover the customs charges and fee's, spent the last 4 months saving lol. I've never seen this gun available anywhere else before, it's a TM Samurai Edge 'Barry Custom'. Limited production run of only 500 I believe.

Yep that site membership is your UKARA number. If purchasing from abroad, ask the retailer to put the UKARA number on the outside of the box, so that customs can check it and ship it to you. However your shipping address needs to be the same as your UKARA address, so don't try to ship it to Uni digs for example, if you are registered at home. Also factor in the imort duty and handling charge that may be applied (20% duty and £13-15 handling fee)

Archived