Uncommon Guns

G-Force
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've seen one type-97 in action, certainly looked pretty good. Looks nice too (although I find myself prefering the LSW version :rolleyes: - yet to be released in airsoft ) Through various sites, I know of about 6 people who have, or did have the T97, and all of them have sung high praises for it.

I've only ever seen one Masda/ACR (no clue which version, or which brand). Wasn't overly impressed by it, as the owner kept:

1)bragging about how he had a pre-release thing

2)It constantly broke down, and he eventually gave in and hired a G36. (After it eventually stripped the piston)

However, the rarest of the rare I have ever seen is an old L7A1 GPMG (or atleast that really rare Trigger Happy M240 converted with some gubbins to make it look like an L7). Knowing how rare the TH M240 is (especially in the UK), a custom L7 makes it even better :lol:

Oddly enough, M4 and M16 aren't as common as AKs and G36s at the sites I've visited. Seeing an M16 is actually pretty rare for me :lol: (This is of course excluding Dave, The Lep & RobDelta1 all who've had M4s, and 2 have M16s)

I've seen one type-97 in action, certainly looked pretty good. Looks nice too (although I find myself prefering the LSW version :rolleyes: - yet to be released in airsoft ) Through various sites, I know of about 6 people who have, or did have the T97, and all of them have sung high praises for it.

I've only ever seen one Masda/ACR (no clue which version, or which brand). Wasn't overly impressed by it, as the owner kept:

1)bragging about how he had a pre-release thing

2)It constantly broke down, and he eventually gave in and hired a G36. (After it eventually stripped the piston)

However, the rarest of the rare I have ever seen is an old L7A1 GPMG (or atleast that really rare Trigger Happy M240 converted with some gubbins to make it look like an L7). Knowing how rare the TH M240 is (especially in the UK), a custom L7 makes it even better :lol:

Oddly enough, M4 and M16 aren't as common as AKs and G36s at the sites I've visited. Seeing an M16 is actually pretty rare for me :lol: (This is of course excluding Dave, The Lep & RobDelta1 all who've had M4s, and 2 have M16s)

He probably had the A&K version of the masada/ACR which I had. The hop up on it fell off mid game howver the new magpul masada ACR is reallly good (it should be for £400!!) :lol:

If it's any help, it had the square-flat RIS foreguard, rather than the curvy one.

I suppose SA80 types too. I've seen 2 people with L85s (one of them has all 3 brands :lol: ) and 1 L86 (and I saw him after I got my own, so we did a little compare and contrast)

I've only seen 1 M60. M249s seem more 'common', and talking to one minime support gunner, he seems to back this up - he has an RPK, M60 and M249, and says the M249 is easier to run.

my RS 97B, really comfy to fire, really good range and great accuracy straight out the box, now has upgraded spring and a tightbore as well. Another guy down Combat South has a 97, but have never seen it used in anger.

airsoftrs97b.jpg

my Old RPK

cymarpk74.jpg

my old MG36

assrcmg36.jpg

I like wierd stuff

My little brother has an ICS L86 LSW, which is sitting in my airsoft gun cabinet at present

Had a look at a GPMG Airsoft conversion and it was bloody awful quality, looked like it had been cast in pot metal and then covered in japlac.

bigshep, do you mind if I ask you what make the RPK is?

The wooden parts look really nice. Also, what was it like to use?

m16s are like dead now, they should be in real life in my opinion, but the US army keep 'em!

M4's are popular, but it seems AK's are just behind the M4

i have never seen a M41 Gun, the alien vs predator one, or any futuristic weapon as a matter of fact lol i guess people seem to stick with the realistic guns

The RPk 74 was a limited run by Cyma of about 500 odd guns. Was full metal and wood. Was an absoloutle beast, started out at 420fps, had it downgraded to 330. Very heavy, but satisfying to use, bipod and front end was good, but paint was abit thin so it chipped easily, but added to the feel really. Wood was laminated and varnished, as per the RS version, and was quite nice. Drum mag was by battleaxe and needed a complete rebuild to make it work properly (ie it was a dog), but long hicaps worked a treat. Sold it as wanted to fund my RS 97B and found it a bit unwieldy for a rather unfit bloke to slog around with all day.

Well I've only ever seen one m249 once at my site (granted it is an underground, single shot only CQB site :))

But I did see a Galil when I was there just yesterday, never soon one of those before

Well I've only ever seen one m249 once at my site (granted it is an underground, single shot only CQB site :))

But I did see a Galil when I was there just yesterday, never soon one of those before

m249s are fairly common at the site I play at. My freind has one and we went to the ungerground tunnels site and they let him use it on full auto!! :lol:

Hmmm, are you talking about The Outpost (previously known as Drakelow Tunnels) because that was where I saw it, perhaps that was the exact 249 I saw :) How long ago did you go?

Hmmm, are you talking about The Outpost (previously known as Drakelow Tunnels) because that was where I saw it, perhaps that was the exact 249 I saw :) How long ago did you go?

The start of this year, but I think the tunnels are in Epson (tunnel fightersor something). I think its run by the same guy who runs elite action games dorking.

Archived