HELP-tokyo marui Px4

Governor
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hi,

i have a new GBB pistol by tokyo marui - the Px4

and when i shoot it, it does not shoot a bb, i have to pull the slide back to put another bb into the chamber... however, this only happens when i am outside... when i am inside it fires one, misses one, fires one, misses one etc...

i have taken it back to the shop but he said it is fine and to be sure he lubed the part that chambers a bb... but this still happens - it happens after one or two mags inside only one mag outside...

please help me as it's my first GBB gun...

thanks in advance,

Albert

• 2 weeks later...

when i shot it at his house the night before the skirmish, it was fine, this was inside, heating on, he didn't use it at the site, because he said it was too cold, i don't know much, but i can tell you it is feeding ok in his house, heating on

• 1 month later...

new tm pistols have a new hop up system and hi grouping barrels so bb choice is important.

for all new tm guns (aeg included) use only excels and blasters or other well known good brands none of that cheap crap.

I have seen new tm guns misfed and block up on crap like 'hi top' bb or something similar like that and a simple swap for a better brand sorts it all out.

and yes the cold can also affect it. like it does all GBB pistols.

combination of both.. non high quality bbs and the cold sounds like the issue. .. but obviously I have not seen it for myself and cannot say for sure.

Me and KWA M9 Madness use King Arms .2g platinum series or something like that

yep those are crap bbs. King arms is a good aeg manufacturer but the bbs they sell are re packaged cheap china crap.

use a good brand like blaster or excel. Never stinge on bbs. bbs are cheap guns are not. Continue getting jams and blank firing and soon enough something will break.

swap your bbs and shoot in temperatures above 10-12

ok, i think he uses some KA bbs and some blaster bbs, they work fine in all my friends AEG's, maybe it is just because it is a higher quality make, the AEG's we use are all G&G, CA or JG

the blasters are probably the only ones coming through.

G&G and CA have normal 'wide' barrels as for JG.. well I wouldn't even call that a barrel... a 'kind of metal tube' is more accurate. These brands will let anything through. probably even a small hamster. ;)

Tm stuff is precision engineering.

• 2 months later...
the blasters are probably the only ones coming through.

G&G and CA have normal 'wide' barrels as for JG.. well I wouldn't even call that a barrel... a 'kind of metal tube' is more accurate. These brands will let anything through. probably even a small hamster. ;)

Tm stuff is precision engineering.

I would agree with the JG but ALL G&G Top Tech and GR16 come pre-fited with 6.4 TB. Don't know about CA?

I think the changes between inside / outside means it's more to do with the gun's pressure than anything else.

Maybe the gun isn't properly cycling, meaning it doesn't always chamber a bb? If you're using the same mag and just reloading it quickly, then the problem is probably one to do with cool down (expanding gasses cool the gun, reducing the pressure of the remaining gas.). With summer now here, the problem will hopefully go away, if not you may want to consider installing a hi flow valve into the mag, using a higher pressure gas, or weakening the recoil spring.

today we started shooting the gun for a short film (actually i did) and it was fine, then later we actually used BB's and then it messed up.....so fire, slide isnt all the way forward, so push slide a little forward then fire and have the slide problem again and problem after firing again...etc....and today was quite hot........... :wacko:

Well no manuals online, and i dont know if its using a TM Beretta system? If you could upload it that might help.

The only thing i can think is a spring, somewhere, is damaged, and not doing its job. Or, the take down lever/button/ whatever, is not positioned correctly so the slide isnt moving properly.

Isolating the issue will help, any idea if it is the slide/ mag/ combination? Continue eliminating the variables, such as gas types, bb types, heat, hop up (?) and if possible mag types. Make sure everything is lubed up correctly. I made the mistake of using sil. grease instead of sil oil and fubared up part of my chambering unit.

lastly, consider that it may be a lemon. sometimes its the only answer. Sorry i couldnt be more help.

great help mate, i think we can take it to the shop and get him to test it with his current magazine and a brand new magazine, if that still has a problem i dont know maybe he could test a brand new PX4 with the magazine, it could possibly be anything! as you said, maybe it is a lemon..

Archived