Svd upgrade path questions

sp00n

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

So I have a clone a&k svd, and I was making a basic plan on what I plan to upgrade and the sequence etc

First and foremost I fitted the airsoft pro hop unit, but I seem to have run into abit of an issue.

Basically I was just testing out, but the gun would not hop 0.43's or 0.36's (I had 0.25's but did not try them), but reading the guide for the hop it says I would be needing a m170 Spring, which if I am correct would make my gun reactor hot!!!

The next mod I am planning to do is install a mancraft sdik kit, as I don't like heavy bolt pull.

On to the questions :-

1) is it correct that the gun will not hop heavy ammo, with out a stronger Spring?

2) what Spring dose a stock svd come fitted with?

3) any recommendation on hop rubber? I have the included airsoft pro hop rubber installed ATM, but I have a maple leaf in my box of bits.

4) any other recommend mods?

My A&K SVD came with what I think was about an M150 spring, which OOTB was doing about 475 fps with an 0.2BB. With that I did find that the trigger sear was wearing quite quickly. I replace just about everything with the parts available from: http://airsoftpro.cz/eshop/index.php?cPath=93_204&osCsid=d6022784d5e8c212edbdecaac7a1c8ee . I also put in a 600mm 6.01 steel inner barrel, but found I had to use very high quality ammo, as anything a bit suspect would jamb in the barrel on occasions.

If you want higher consistent power then the upgraded piston and steel sear are a must, as well as the cocking lever extension, as pulling back something that small gets quite tiring on high strength springs. The alternative is to look at the CO2 upgrade kit on the above link. That takes all the strain out of cocking the gun, but if not set up just right with the correct spring, can mean FPS in excess of 550 or even 600 on a new bulb.

• Supporters

I really need to chrono my svd. I have been looking at AirsoftPro, that's where my hop came from ;)

I dunno why it wouldn't lift heavy bb's, I'll swap the hop rubber and see what happens.

If I go the mancraft route, which I most likely will, it's far more consistent then the co2 kit (it's is in my vsr, and I cannot see any reason why it would be different etc)

• Supporters

So I chrono'ed my svd yesterday 270'ish fps on 0.43's, which works out to 400'ish fps on 0.2's

I also swapped the airsoft pro hop rubber for a 60degree maple leaf jobby, and she now lifts bbs without any problems what so ever!! :D

Time to start the upgrade process, I have just ordered the steel out barrel housing, steel sear, and steel trigger lock pin from airsoft pro.

Unfortunately I cannot order the mancraft sdik kit until the 2nd of January, as there closed and not even taking orders :(

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.