Cow & Gate section

ImTriggerHappy
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...
  • Supporters

Not sure if I have the grumps on tonight but think its time we had a new section.

It can be filled with all the dumbass questions asked by those who need spoon feeding everything.

First topic could be on how to do a google search.

Second could be if the question sounds simple do you really need to ask it.

Third could be if people are stupid enough to ask that question should they be trusted with an airsoft gun.

If you are reading this and think you have a suitable question to put in this section then I already have the answer for you

http://www.toysrus.co.uk/mobile/toys/nerf-elite-sonic-ice-retaliator-blaster/0109821

With the current trend of stupid questions by people who can't be bothered to search anything for themselves I thought it was time to bump this thread.

• Supporters

it is also important that when asking for advice that you give as little

or if you can no f*cking info at all about your concerns.....

This helps us to practice our mind reading skills & develop them to such a high level that we can give you the solution as quickly as possible

along with next weeks lottery numbers and a complimentary life time supply of wet wipes (fear not - full instructions will be included)

sarcasm aside - do a little search - heck search google with AF-UK in search criteria and it will show loads of stuff

give us some info - "my gun don't work properly" is a bit beyond even Yoda's skills

(we might be magic but we ain't bloody magicians)

• 10 months later...
  • Head Moderator

maybe if i just type everything in lowercase with no punctuation you make the effort to read it anyway i know what i mean like its not hard even if it is hard to read why is it hard to read just because there is no punctuation cuz grammar is overated i think if there reading this then why bother helping make it clear even if i am the one what wants help better go off at tangent two and throw in a question but not word it well and then have a full stop i

"I got a new gun from 'BBGats4Morethanthey'reworth, and... "

Let me just stop you there.

• Supporters
5 hours ago, Nate187 said:

Stupid questions are all part of learning we all have to learn somehow 

I'd of thought this was the place to learn as it's a forum 

we all start at the bottom to get where we are now 

But there is a limit.

When all you get is the same dumbass questions over and over again because people can't be bothered to use the search function the forum becomes a mess. Pretty much every question people can ask has already been answered on here a 1000 times. 

This thread was started when it got a bit silly on here but now it's gone beyond that. Most of the people who actually know what they are talking about have decamped or are in the process of doing so.

It's not the same stupid questions it's now the same stupid answers as well. I have seen so many bad bits of advice on here lately and it's generally given by the people who were asking dumb questions themselves 3 months ago. People should only give advice on what they know first hand not something they read or heard in the safe zone because airsoft chinese whispers are bad for everybody, I know nothing first hand about spring snipers which is why I never comment on them because to do so would be wrong. But I bet 75% of the answers on here at the moment are by people who just read it and don't show the same restraint.

This used to be a great forum but the fact it seems to have lost it's way so badly coupled with it's now awful layout means that after thanking those that attend the weekend forum game I will be out of here.

• Head Moderator
5 hours ago, Nate187 said:

Stupid questions are all part of learning we all have to learn somehow 

Stupid questions, yes, we all have them.  But stupid or lazy people who want spoon feeding is different.  Some effort needs to be made to actually search for possible answers and older threads before posting badly titled subjects, or the same question in multiple sections, or not waiting for a response before reposting same question. Then actually making the question clear or providing information in the post necessary to explain.  A stupid question may not be stupid if it was worded better. 

My thought where this was a forum and that's what's there for stupid questions and learning and to bring in  a comunity of airsoft players together but hay maybe I'm wrong. 

Im be totally honest I'm new to this site and I'm not the best at working my way round it.

And reading this post makes me feel a little like I don't want to ask how to do somthing as it might of already been asked or classed as a noob question. 

Forums and airsoft grow from new people new people need to learn and most of them want to joint a forum to learn like we all did when we started 

as for wording a new players not going to be able to word it correct if there trying to learn about the topic there trying to ask about 

but I guess there's a warm welcome and a go learn before joining kind of welcome 

thats my input on the topic guys. 

• Moderators

Quck questions / simple answers is a good topic to post it :)

on another note, i need to paint my bb's black as i have a night game coming up and i dont want them to be seen....boot polish? :D

• Supporters
4 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

It's not the same stupid questions it's now the same stupid answers as well. I have seen so many bad bits of advice on here lately and it's generally given by the people who were asking dumb questions themselves 3 months ago.

That's because we can't be bothered answering but the new ones are eager to.

Also, younger ones don't understand forums. They learned social media first and think forums are like those. No one searches facebook, they just write before even thinking.

6 hours ago, Samurai said:

Also, younger ones don't understand forums. They learned social media first and think forums are like those. No one searches facebook, they just write before even thinking.

Facebook has search? I just get to "you can't use control F because the page only loads when you scroll" FU!!!

Forums need to curated, this forum is not cared for (content wise).

10 hours ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

But there is a limit.

This used to be a great forum but the fact it seems to have lost it's way so badly coupled with it's now awful layout means that after thanking those that attend the weekend forum game I will be out of here.

I don't think being [more] mobile friendly has helped the forum.

6 hours ago, Samurai said:

And of course, repeat questions = repeat views, which = repeat ad revenue.

Only advertisers make money from wasting time lol.

This whole thread reads like the UKAC page on Facebook.... which coincidentally also has a search function that people seem to forget about.

I don't make a habit of reading the mindless fucktard questions and answers on there but when I do I seem to find the few people that seem to have the same I.Q as a post-it note.

On Thursday, April 27, 2017 at 10:57 AM, Samurai said:

Was thinking the same , you only have to spend a day on one of the Facebook groups and you will see most of the questions have already be asked and answered the same day/week. Most of the under 21s I know at work etc don't even know what a forum is , they use Facebook and YouTube for info. And the worse bit is most seem to believe both are good sources of info lol 

1 hour ago, lemon191 said:

Was thinking the same , you only have to spend a day on one of the Facebook groups and you will see most of the questions have already be asked and answered the same day/week. Most of the under 21s I know at work etc don't even know what a forum is , they use Facebook and YouTube for info. And the worse bit is most seem to believe both are good sources of info lol 

Peer review baby, peer review!!!!

!

Facebook has non of it, just he said she said consensus.

On 4/26/2017 at 5:24 PM, Hangtight said:

"I got a new gun from 'BBGats4Morethanthey'reworth, and... "

Let me just stop you there.

The next best is "I bought a Krytac and put £200 of worse bits in it. Why isn't it the best gun ever?"

• 3 weeks later...
On 28 April 2017 at 5:36 PM, PopRocket123 said:

The next best is "I bought a Krytac and put £200 of worse bits in it. Why isn't it the best gun ever?"

Oh no is that not what I should be doing? I was gonna replace the standard spring that comes with it, with a spare trampoline Spring I've had rusting in the garden since last summer. 

What could I use this spring for now then?

Archived