Camo Conundrum

Del Monty

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Hey guys.

I make no point in hiding the fact I hate Multicamo/MTP, It's everywhere like a plague. I do not disrespect people who choose to buy the MC/MTP pattern but I like to be somewhat different and unique with my camo pattern choices.....

As I am hoping to rejoin the sport in the new year I am looking at picking a new camo with which to grace myself across the skirmishing fields of the UK.

The easiest and cheapest choice would obviously be British DPM - but I have had years of that camo and after a little research I have found some patterns that are rarely seen in skirmishing and would like opinions ideas for patterns that I can integrate with suitable plate carriers, headwear etc.

US Marpat Woodland

French CCE Pattern

Italian Vegetato

Russian Flora

Chinese PLA Woodland Digital.

These are my favorite ones that I have found while researching. Opinions, Ideas and thoughts greatly appreciated.

I've gone for an olive drab plate carrier and pouches. It's the ultimate accessory - goes with anything ;-) You can always add camo specific pouches to break it up a bit.

I tend to favor MARPAT for woodland - don't see too much of it about. As well as issue stuff on eBay you can get decent quailty TruSpec gear (they call it Digital Woodland).

The old US tricolour woodland is good too, quite rare at a skirmish and plenty of old issue stuff on eBay.

If you want something cheaper and easy to get, how about German Flecktarn? Don't see that too often.

Not sure on the availability of the others you listed, but Vegetato is good but can be hard to find unless you order from abroad. I imported a couple of UBACS type shirts from Italy - it was quite expensive!

• Head Moderator

Agree with you on the MTP. I just use British DPM for outdoors and going towards grey kit for urban. Like anything, it is all a matter of preference (and cost).

I quite like the A-TACS FG pattern for woodland, although it is not better than DPM and I only have it because I bought a Warrior chest rig in this pattern. http://www.uktactical.com/p-8284-propper-acu-combat-coat-a-tacs-fg.aspx

My favourite is the A-TACS LE (Law Enforcement) urban grey camouflage, not seen very many players wearing it.

http://www.ur-tactical.com/index.php/component/virtuemart/view/productdetails/virtuemart_product_id/1736/virtuemart_category_id/

Or Multicam Black which looks good.

http://www.ur-tactical.com/index.php/component/virtuemart/view/productdetails/virtuemart_product_id/1746/virtuemart_category_id/

US MARPAT is pretty damn effective and not seen a lot...

The slightly greener CADPAT is hardly ever seen *bad-dum tish* on a skirmish day IMHO and I would dare say could be more effective than MARPAT.

Danish M84 is very good in woodland - maybe almost as effective as Flecktarn - which I rate pretty much the highest.

US Tri-Colour BDUs are a classic look, cheap-as-fries and easily sourced with lots of pouches/vests etc., as well.

I have a multicam black setup

Buuuut

Like another poster I have an olive drab PC and pouches too which I can rock with anything

Quite like the ranger green stuff as well or the arc grey stuff I think I'll prob add another couple of colours to the armoury sooner or later

Come and join the Russian revolution. There's so many patterns to choose from. Digi flora is my current loadout but will be getting SS leto gorka soon. As that matches the Woodland around here pretty well.

• Supporters

Come and join the Russian revolution. There's so many patterns to choose from. Digi flora is my current loadout but will be getting SS leto gorka soon. As that matches the Woodland around here pretty well.

I'm sorely tempted by the Russian revolution .. Flora, Gorka have struck a cord with me. Also, you any close to Bath area at all .. looking for local buds to hook up with ?

Depends if you want the camo for purpose or just as a skirmish loadout. If it's just to have as a loadout then go with what you eyes fancy. I like a few of the Russian camos as well.

I'm going with Pencott Greenzone for Spring/Summer next year. It's a bit niche and can be difficult to find sometimes but probably one of the best woodland camos you will find. There is Pencott Badlands as well for dryer environments and autum.

Vegetato looks pretty darn effective from what I've seen. But I suppose it depends on what your local site is like. I agree with beastmode though. Join the Russian revolution. Where we shoot AKs and drink vodka :D

Swedish M90 is a killer in the Summer. Italian Vegetato is also extremely effective bar the browner winter months.

If you want something nobody else has,and have deep pockets,Check out Prof1Group's 'Varan' (Lizard) Camo.

http://p1gtac.com/catalog/verhnyaya_odezhda_5_?color-varan-varan-camo&min=0&max=6815&orderby=1

TwW6aEv.jpg

I'm sorely tempted by the Russian revolution .. Flora, Gorka have struck a cord with me. Also, you any close to Bath area at all .. looking for local buds to hook up with ?

Yeah your welcome to tag along any time. I live in Kingswood Bristol so the bath side sort of. If you go on Facebook and search for Rus.for.you you will find a UK importer for Russian military surplus. He's the cheapest and best I've found out there if you know what you're looking for for.

• Moderators

im still looking at ATACS FG, currently run camogrom....ok a mtp type pattern and coyote top

but I have a list of stuff I want!....FG, AU, LE, grey...lists goes on :)

I like to be unique also and so I probably wont follow the trend of mtp/multicam when I eventually purchase some clothing. I must confess I do like the look of multicam; however I'm more inclined to go completely OD as I don't see many people wearing the camo and it would blend in nicely with a woodland environment. ^_^

• Supporters

Common misconception. Woods doesn't necessarily equate to green, especially olive drab (which can be really strong and OTT when it's new).

If you're at a site with grass and low level plants everywhere, then yeah, go green. If it's an old woodland however the canopy has killed off all the plants at ground level and you're left with bear earth and leaf litter; all brown. If you're looking for something to blend in at your local, then looking at this album:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1092226304145489.1073741940.469241699777289&type=3

I'd say go something more subdued and probably not just flat green. The MTP there is working well overall, but if you don't want that then get something with lots of brown and as little as possible black and really dark OD. Norwegian and Polish woodland are nice, Flecktarn and Vegetato too, maybe PenCott Badlands, Kryptek Mandrake or temperate MARPAT. I'd avoid the majority-green stuff like temperate CADPAT, MC Tropic, Danish M84 and Swedish M90.

Obviously if you just like the aesthetics of a certain colour or scheme then go for it, just some ideas.

• Head Moderator

The A-TACS LE looked good in the photos but not very practical for that woodland, could work better in low light/darkness though.

Hey guys.

I make no point in hiding the fact I hate Multicamo/MTP, It's everywhere like a plague. I do not disrespect people who choose to buy the MC/MTP pattern but I like to be somewhat different and unique with my camo pattern choices.....

As I am hoping to rejoin the sport in the new year I am looking at picking a new camo with which to grace myself across the skirmishing fields of the UK.

The easiest and cheapest choice would obviously be British DPM - but I have had years of that camo and after a little research I have found some patterns that are rarely seen in skirmishing and would like opinions ideas for patterns that I can integrate with suitable plate carriers, headwear etc.

US Marpat Woodland

French CCE Pattern

Italian Vegetato

Russian Flora

Chinese PLA Woodland Digital.

These are my favorite ones that I have found while researching. Opinions, Ideas and thoughts greatly appreciated.

Isnt that defeating the purpose though, shouldnt you be trying to blend in rather than stand out :P WB by the way

Singapore Armed Force camo is excellent for tropical rain forest use. but well, you don't live on a tropical place, don't you? so i'll recommend PennCott to you. really nice one. for urban, grey is good. i actually want a Silent warrior combat shirt in LCRP camo from Molay Tactical (molaytactical.com) they have the pants in the same color too, in decent price.

For me it has to be tiger stripe, i liked it when i saw it back on the paintball tournament field in the 90's.

Either that or go black, bit boring but it can be effective.

if you are daring have a look at rhodesian, bit different but i know it used to work quite well

Brushstrokes ftw :)

1st-Model-Denison-Smock-David-Gordon-512

Rather expensive and only available as a Denison smock or postwar Belgian gear but it will be rare to see anyone else in it and it is rather effective. Looks best with a Sten gun and P37 webbing :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.