I need a new project... But what ?

Dannn

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Right.... I'm after a new project based around the wolverine inferno HPA engine, I like the look of the stubby badger, I've gat a g36 so not one of those, I'm after something really modern looking but realistic as a base, that takes STANAG mags, preferably tan and well made.

Any ideas what would look awesome ? The internals don't really matter as it'll all be getting swapped any way.

• Supporters

Tan & black cm18 looks nice

Well think the black n tan looks better

But a 275 barrel - crap mid cap and flash hider looks hmmm a bit g36-ish on a m4 don't look right to me

But nice looking gun

Suppose a SCAR L ???

UAR takes mags but need modding and still a little wobbly due to stubby magwell

Or tan g36 with m4 mag adapter - just to be different

Actually why bother fitting M4 mag adapter if you got g36 mags already ???

Tin of Tan Krylon/PlastiKote & the world is ya oyster

• Root Admin

My personal dream project would be putting an HPA engine into a bright orange L96 and making it fully automatic. I don't know where the BBs would go, I don't know where the engine would sit but what I do know is that it would be glorious.

B500A1 HPA

Might look crap and shite orange

But boy would wipe the grin off them stuck up sniggering bastids when you let rip

Just googled what one is! you know what?, for the £40 that it costs I might do it, would be hilarious to rock up somewhere and light it up, I'd have to hide the HPA stuff so it doesn't give it away😂

Then I could just swap out the engine to my proper project !

• Supporters

Vortex hose machine thingy just for $hits n giggles

No hop just lots of plastic plumbing pipe and a f*ckload of air / mini compressor

Be absolute nutz but set it up as the:

FINAL BOSS level when taking enemy base

Yeah - like to see Mario or Sonic defeat this final boss

"Come get some !!!!"

• Supporters

Just googled what one is! you know what?, for the £40 that it costs I might do it, would be hilarious to rock up somewhere and light it up, I'd have to hide the HPA stuff so it doesn't give it away

Then I could just swap out the engine to my proper project !

Get a w@nked one from bbgunsforless

At breakers yard for £15 to £20

Probably plastic gears all stripped on the crap plastic box

AK12 £25 fit a normal v3 box works OK

Currently on/off project putting a proper v3 in D68 cheap shite g36. Might get her firing nutz to take to Mall

Messing n beefing up a shite jbbg is different and time consuming and a rewarding challenge

Well, I like to go all out, so in your circumstances I'd do something like this http://www.actionhobbies.co.uk/M5R-Concept-Assault-Rifle-With-Digital-Display_A1UQCZ.aspx#.VmMT6vmLSUk.

or even have a go at something wrist mounted?

well, how about a TAVOR? the ares one has beautiful externals which is as tough as old boots, it uses stanag mags with the only let down being the internals

and I can say quite happily that the ergonomics are really quite nice with everything feeling in the right place?

What about the stanag Aug conversion.

There are numerous pages on converting the magwell to take stanag mags, and a real steel version as well I believe.

You'd have to keep the motor cage because it makes up part of the gearbox attachment internally. Outside of that you would be free to take the gas pipe out any way you wanted. Through the plastic or through the butt stop.

Internally the aug would also be well suited. They strip fast, you can remove the barrel in seconds, you can remove the whole metal receiver in seconds.

This means you can have a Para short barrel and a regular 509mm on the same setup. You could even take both to a game and swap out as desired in the safe zone or on the field in seconds.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.