Rainbow Six Siege

Kombat.Khris

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Is anybody else getting this?

I played the Alpha>Closed and Open Beta's and found the game highly enjoyable dispute a few typical Ubisoft bugs.

Very Airsoft CQB and team work essential. The SAS units are awesome fun to play with.

If anyone else is thinking of getting it, it is on a open Beta this weekend.

• Root Admin

Played in the older closed beta and the open one and urgh... if the incessant matchmaking issues don't make your blood boil then the lag will. Tried playing it tonight and it was incredibly frustrating as constant lag spikes and matchmaking delays/breakages all but ruined it for us.

I realise it's a betaTM but a lot of the bugs reported from the closed testing still aren't fixed and with just 2-3 days to go(?) until release, it's not looking like Ubisoft are going to be breaking their chain of buggy initial releases any time soon.

I also feel that there are issues with some of the game mechanics. I know the game relies heavily on CQB, but the problem with many games is that having a longer barrel has seemingly no negative effect (unlike in other titles like ArmA which wouldn't allow you to poke your gun through the edge of a concrete wall) and so they've just made shorter barrel guns shoot faster. Everything seems just a lot less varied than any other Rainbow 6 game and looks like the RPG system - at least - is going to get very old very quickly.

It also seems like a game with a bit of an identity crisis: Rainbow 6 was - in the old days - a slightly more hardcore tactical shooter. New Vegas changed that a little, but at its core it could still be played as a bit of a tactical shooter if you want it to be. One thing I noticed with Siege is that it doesn't seem to excel at either being realistic nor arcade-y. It's not quite 'pick up and go' enough to be a casual shooter, but it also lacks a lot of the technical depth to be something you could really get deep into and I think that's a shame as it I can really see the co-op aspect being limited in 'late-game' (when everyone has the relatively small number of unlocks for each operator). Like many recent Ubisoft games, they're trying to make it as approachable as possible, and that seems to be coming at a cost right now as core gameplay mechanics are just too simplistic.

Good concept, but not a flawless execution by any means in my opinion. I'd recommend everyone to give it the usual couple of weeks so they can fix initial bugs and the scope of the game becomes obvious. Whether or not it's worth the £50 price tag is unsure in my mind and pre-ordering or 'day one' buying of a Ubisoft title is silly at this point given their poor rep.

Yes we have an airsoft Milsim game called Zoro XM which is based on a similar conflict of counter terror operatives versus bad guys, so Im keen to see Siege in action. Will probably wait for a few weeks though.

Hoping to get a hold of Siege when I get back from uni. Not going to bother if I hear loads of problems about it though.

Would be cool if we could get a bunch of AF-UK games going if enough people get it.

I'm just hoping they don't stick a billion micro transactions in, although inside, I know it's inevitable

I hope it's not a total flop like other recent ubisoft games have been. If this comes out with the intention it was made for, it should make a very good team game. I think I've heard that ubi are trying to make it into an eSport as well

• Supporters

I have this game and I am very nicely surprised with it. A few niggles like the in game purchases, currency etc.. but the games I have played have been enjoyable especially the terrorist hunt on the plane.

Also you can buy it on G2A.com for about £25. Well worth a look.

I have this game and I am very nicely surprised with it. A few niggles like the in game purchases, currency etc.. but the games I have played have been enjoyable especially the terrorist hunt on the plane.

Also you can buy it on G2A.com for about £25. Well worth a look.

Love G2A. Beats steam almost any day. What's the community like on siege? Any good, or just a bunch of 5 year olds?

On a totally different note... YOU'RE BACK!!! :D

• Supporters

Love G2A. Beats steam almost any day. What's the community like on siege? Any good, or just a bunch of 5 year olds?

On a totally different note... YOU'RE BACK!!! :D

Apparently I am :P!!!!

So far it seems to be good. Just like any game really, A few noobs along the way but mostly good team players,

Apparently I am :P!!!!

So far it seems to be good. Just like any game really, A few noobs along the way but mostly good team players,

That's reassuring. Hopefully, i'll be getting it in a weeks time. I hope I won't be a total noob compared to everyone else by then

Got a free copy of this and the graphics are very good as is the destructive nature of the environment. The open multiplayer is the normal *uckfest of people running up and down very quickly and crossing in front of you all the time, but I guess thats inevitable.

Its probably fun to play with a closed group and you can then take your time and systematically work through the various environments as a team.

• Supporters

I was really looking forward to this game.

Until they cancelled the campaign. For me R6 will always be about the planning and execution of sieges and raids and to my mind the best one is still Raven Shield. Vegas and Vegas2 were...OK but no campaign at all? No thanks. Cancelled my preorder and everything.

• Supporters

Until they cancelled the campaign. For me R6 will always be about the planning and execution of sieges and raids and to my mind the best one is still Raven Shield. Vegas and Vegas2 were...OK but no campaign at all? No thanks. Cancelled my preorder and everything.

Same as.

They put too much focus into online this time as they have realised how much money can be made from 'eSports'.

There are still elements of planning and executing in the campaign. And as I should be playing with a full team of friends, it should still be possible than it would be with a bunch of total strangers

• Supporters

It's all about Raven Shield and Rogue Spear, after that they don't even feel like Rainbow Six games.

I got Siege with my graphics card, I've only played it a bit and it seems alright but I've already got a load of games to keep me busy.

I could do with rereading the book though as I remember it being good, although that must have been 10-15 years ago.

I've been playing it for a couple of days now and although there isnt a single player campaign as such i am actually really enjoying it. When playing online without friends it can be frustrating but I've found that you can still go about your own way of doing it even with a radom assortment of players.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone who has the game and wants to get their friends online too: http://www.pcgamer.com/rainbow-six-siege-free-this-weekend/

Anyone who wants to try it out on PC, I have two spare codes.

X7L7-GP87-K6L4-BMC7
PWN9-DUJC-ME4W-69FM

The Article probably says when it starts/ends and instructions on how to activate it. :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.