Looking for good Bullpup AEG rifle

matas17
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

so iv got several m4's but need something compact and short for CQB. Thats why im asking your opinion for what options are out there. My Budget is £300 for rifle plus extra mags if it doesnt use m4 megazines.

• Supporters

I don't think bullpup's are that compact really - not as compact as many might think

The UAR by APS isn't too bad but much longer than say

M4 stubby eg: FireHawk or M4 PDW or pistol

MP5k

other mini options are the GAT / Spectre or SMG by ForceCore

(just trying get extra bespoke mags that only hold 50 rnds might get tricky)

dunno how compact you want it, could go for AK74, G36c and fold stocks back

but often the ultra tight engagements may end up using a pistol

none of those are bullpups - well unless you count the pistol perhaps

best possible option is a std FireHawk - not the dsg one

get a few tweaks done - use ya mags n stuff already

don't like it - easy to flogg

buy some earplugs or bring some ibruprofen coz that mofo is loud in enclosed spaces

G&G do an AFV L85 as well which I would highly recommend but its still an assault rifle just a bit shorter; if you're after "Airsoft" CQB inside buildings with barracades etc then I'd say you'd be much better off looking for an MP5 or something like that. A Bullpup rifle is probably going to be much too heavy to move around easily in an indoor environment.

I don't think bullpup's are that compact really - not as compact as many might think

The UAR by APS isn't too bad but much longer than say

M4 stubby eg: FireHawk or M4 PDW or pistol

MP5k

other mini options are the GAT / Spectre or SMG by ForceCore

(just trying get extra bespoke mags that only hold 50 rnds might get tricky)

dunno how compact you want it, could go for AK74, G36c and fold stocks back

but often the ultra tight engagements may end up using a pistol

none of those are bullpups - well unless you count the pistol perhaps

best possible option is a std FireHawk - not the dsg one

get a few tweaks done - use ya mags n stuff already

don't like it - easy to flogg

buy some earplugs or bring some ibruprofen coz that mofo is loud in enclosed spaces

G&G do an AFV L85 as well which I would highly recommend but its still an assault rifle just a bit shorter; if you're after "Airsoft" CQB inside buildings with barracades etc then I'd say you'd be much better off looking for an MP5 or something like that. A Bullpup rifle is probably going to be much too heavy to move around easily in an indoor environment.

I'v been looking at Tavor-21, AUG. Im not a fan of L85 design guns its just not my type of gun. I love uniqueness of Tavor-21 and AUG. thats why iv been looking for one of these rifles. The only issue is ARES tavor on PatrolBase has Plastic gearbox which is my biggest concern and about S&T iv only seen that the build quality isnt that great, tried looking for one with metal gearbox but no luck yet.. And about the AUG never had one so not sure which is the best choice.

Found couple of Tavor-21 from EhobbyAsia.com : http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/s-t-t21-sar-flat-top-carbine-ebb-aeg-professional-version-black.html#.VkttPhHtlBc

: http://shop.ehobbyasia.com/ares-tavor-tar-21-rail-version-aeg-dark-earth.html#.Vkt3BRHtlBc

But was wondering are EhobbyAsia trust worthy and are there any charges for importing Airsoft into UK from China.

You will get hit for import duty, vat and parcel farce charges but ehobbyasia are a good retailer, have had many guns from them. They are not the cheapest though.

You will get hit for import duty, vat and parcel farce charges but ehobbyasia are a good retailer, have had many guns from them. They are not the cheapest though.

I bought alot of stuff from china but never got import duty to pay. Anyways does Import Duty with rest of the stuff adds up to alot?

On £100 worth of goods you will pay:

£20 vat

£13.50 parcel farce rip off handling fee

£?? Can't remember the customs charge, poss around £15

On £100 worth of goods you will pay:

£20 vat

£13.50 parcel farce rip off handling fee

£?? Can't remember the customs charge, poss around £15

How much you reckon it would be for all the taxes, since id be paying £174.37 with delivery

Add 20%, Add 5%.

174.37 + 20% + up to £15 from postal services in the UK, and any bank charges for currency conversion. Generally the process is that you pay VAT on the declared value + postage, and then duty (3-4%) on the total (price+P&P+VAT), and then the postal services charge you a capped fee - which includes your duty.

I think you need to spend around £400 to save money on the postal services "charges" that is to say when you duty rises above their capped handling fees, but its a massive rip off for anyone importing goods worth less as you're paying them to do something they have to do anyway, and furthermore you're charged for something that you may not have known about when you clicked buy AND they ransom your parcel to get you to pay.

Add 20%, Add 5%.

174.37 + 20% + up to £15 from postal services in the UK, and any bank charges for currency conversion. Generally the process is that you pay VAT on the declared value + postage, and then duty (3-4%) on the total (price+P&P+VAT), and then the postal services charge you a capped fee - which includes your duty.

I think you need to spend around £400 to save money on the postal services "charges" that is to say when you duty rises above their capped handling fees, but its a massive rip off for anyone importing goods worth less as you're paying them to do something they have to do anyway, and furthermore you're charged for something that you may not have known about when you clicked buy AND they ransom your parcel to get you to pay.

I rather pay then buy that shitty S&T or ARES tavor 21 since both of them have plastic gearboxes and metal ones are hard to find anyhow.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I quite like the bullpup style and ended up getting an S&T Tar 21 pro. The pro has a metal gearbox, its got entry level parts in it, EBB that is very loud and its actually not a terrible gun its the most reliable one I own. It wasn't fantastic out of the box, the airseal was iffy and the hop unit wasn't very consistent and the time to fire from trigger pull was quite high. Replacing the nozzle, cylinder head and piston+piston head solved the airseal issues, I replaced the motor with a torque one and that sped up the trigger speed and I R hopped the barrel after lapping it which sorted out the accuracy. I have put 30-40k rounds through it and eventually had it apart again and am now replacing the inner barrel and the gears and the motor and its all up and running again. Its a decent platform, its mostly compatible with Type 2 parts but there are certainly wear and tear issues on it that will become a problem in the end as replacements don't exist. I have a fully review up in the reviews section so take a look at that where I list out some problems with it.

Its a decent enough bullpup. The Ares has better externals but less standard internals and the original S&T is garbage.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived