Newbie looking for advice.

Sir Blamo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Good evening all.

I'm looking at getting into airsoft with a good friend of mine. We were looking at doing this last year but after redundancys it has been put off until now. So with the sob story out of the way i have a few questions. a couple of

1) Can anybody recommend any good sites in the West Midlands we live near dudley so the closer the better?

2) Whats the best brand in the airsoft world (for guns) im a little confused as there are soooo many?

3) Does it matter what type of camo you wear on the game days as i really like the look of the digital camo?

4) Is it ok to have a springer for a side arm as i dont want to spend a lot of money on a side arm?

thats really it for now, any information would be greatly recieved.

Thank you and hello

• AF-UK Founding Member

Welcome to the forums :)

Take a google for airsoft map and that will help you locate sites near you.

There are a lot of good brands, it's easier to narrow down if you can decide what you want, e.g. MP5, AK etc.

Wear what you like :)

You don't even have to have a sidearm, and if you want to use a springer, then that's fine but don't expect it to be amazing.

Hope this helps.

Welcome to the forums :)

Take a google for airsoft map and that will help you locate sites near you.

There are a lot of good brands, it's easier to narrow down if you can decide what you want, e.g. MP5, AK etc.

Wear what you like :)

You don't even have to have a sidearm, and if you want to use a springer, then that's fine but don't expect it to be amazing.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the info. In regurads to the gun, I looking at getting a M416 full metal and have a buget of around £400.

But would hope the £400 would also cover the cost of a Acog scope

That should be plenty... you can easily get a really good quality plastic bodyed one and still have £150 left?

As for metal ones there are becomming cheaper and cheaper but you wont be left with as much money for scopes etc

£400 is plenty for a good gun, but how much are you planning to spend on your gear (chest rigs, camo...) This stuff can be nearly just as important :)

Oh i forgot about that. Guess i was going to put it into my pockets lol :P

I was going to buy some digital camo but im looking at playing in woodland so i might stand out like a sore thumb.

could you recommend any good chest rigs!

Oh i forgot about that. Guess i was going to put it into my pockets lol :P

I was going to buy some digital camo but im looking at playing in woodland so i might stand out like a sore thumb.

could you recommend any good chest rigs!

what sort are you looking at? :)

There are different types?? :o oh now im confused.

I would like some sort of light body armour with some pockets i guess. Sorry to be so vague im clueless

i think he means what type of rig do you want. there are mayn different types and i guess some people have their favourite.

a belt rig is the lightest you can get (other than just using your pockets). Something like this but in digital might be a good option

An assualt vest like this one will still be very light

Or you can get a rig with a MOLLE system like this one which means you can use whatever pouches you want making it as light or as heavy as you widsh

That MOLLE looks amazing. :D Thanks alot Alex you are a god among gods. Also thanks to all the other members who have helped so far.

Archived