Just got a new uniform... LOVE IT!!!

kylesesh

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Either you were unaware of what this weekend represents to a lot of people, or you just don't care... either way, posting your shiny new SS Totenkopf brigade kit on remembrance weekend is such poor taste I can't even begin to explain how much of an utter c*nt it makes you.

As for ImTriggerHappy's comment, there's a difference between someone wearing a kilt which is traditional scottish dress, and someone dressing up as a war criminal. Do a bit of reading on what the SS did during the 1940's and you'll see why wearing that particular uniform is so unpleasant, I'd honestly rather see someone wearing a pointy white KKK outfit than that one.

Got to agree with the timing comment. Its probably not the best weekend to post it.

As for the atrocities committed by the SS yes they did some terrible things and deserved to be reviled. But so did everyone else.

How many innocents died when America dropped the bomb on Nagasaki and Hiroshima.

Look up the Prussian mass rape.

How many war crimes were committed by the Allies?

Not sticking up for the SS or Germany in general but remember a lot of the SS were basically brainwashed from a young age.

The uniform is poor taste but then all of them are depending on your point of view.

The kilt remark was meant to be a joke.

It made me laugh that someone bought up a relative dying in WW2. We most likely all did but it was most likely by the hands of someone else other than the SS.

Ha ha. I was debating whether to or not. But it's a news article on a public website, nothing hidden away from the public eye and includes quotes from the person in question. Therefore he must be fine with it being out there!

All morality issues aside, I don't see why anyone would want to put themselves through the hassle of wearing that. Firstly, as mentioned, it's not a combat uniform; it's going to be difficult to run around in, have hardly anywhere to store magazines etc, isn't going to blend into your surroundings at all, and will get covered in mud/torn to pieces. And I bet you'll spend most of the day trying to stop the hat from falling off.

Secondly, regardless of why you're wearing it, people are going to find it offensive. You might not care if they voice their opinion, but I imagine what's more likely to happen is you'll just be shunned. No-one's going to want to start any conversations, or be seen getting on with a bloke in a Totenkopf uniform, especially one that's clearly not a combat outfit. Socially, it will be awkward the whole day. Why would you want to put yourself through that? Wouldn't it take half the fun out of airsoft? Personally, if I was that obsessed with Nazi uniforms, I'd keep it for private events and WW2 games (although I'd take the swastika off). It's completely up to you, but I can't imagine why you'd intentionally become the black sheep of an airsoft game just to wear that uniform.

• Supporters

All morality issues aside, I don't see why anyone would want to put themselves through the hassle of wearing that. Firstly, as mentioned, it's not a combat uniform; it's going to be difficult to run around in, have hardly anywhere to store magazines etc, isn't going to blend into your surroundings at all, and will get covered in mud/torn to pieces. And I bet you'll spend most of the day trying to stop the hat from falling off.

Secondly, regardless of why you're wearing it, people are going to find it offensive. You might not care if they voice their opinion, but I imagine what's more likely to happen is you'll just be shunned. No-one's going to want to start any conversations, or be seen getting on with a bloke in a Totenkopf uniform, especially one that's clearly not a combat outfit. Socially, it will be awkward the whole day. Why would you want to put yourself through that? Wouldn't it take half the fun out of airsoft? Personally, if I was that obsessed with Nazi uniforms, I'd keep it for private events and WW2 games (although I'd take the swastika off). It's completely up to you, but I can't imagine why you'd intentionally become the black sheep of an airsoft game just to wear that uniform.

Whats the combat outfit thing all about?

Its airsoft not combat. By that reckoning the people who turn up in Spiderman outfits or onesies shouldnt be wearing them.

Uniform is bad taste yes but whether its a combat uniform or not is irrelevant.

Whats the combat outfit thing all about?

Its airsoft not combat. By that reckoning the people who turn up in Spiderman outfits or onesies shouldnt be wearing them.

Uniform is bad taste yes but whether its a combat uniform or not is irrelevant.

I think you've misunderstood what I was trying to get across. I didn't say he 'shouldn't' be wearing dress uniform rather than combat uniform, I asked why he would want to. I was pointing out that it's going to be uncomfortable to wear for airsoft when compared to 'combat' gear.

I am of course aware that airsoft is not real combat, but I'll try to explain in more detail. The uniform isn't designed to run around in, it's a dress piece. Again, I'm not saying he can't wear it because of that, I'm just suggesting that clothing designed for 'combat' (real or otherwise) is going to be more suitable.

- It doesn't look like he's got anywhere to store spare magazines, batteries, water, anything else that someone might want to take onto a airsoft field, and if he's wearing it purely because he likes the style, he might not want to be adding bags or pouches that wouldn't fit the uniform (emphasis on 'might', obviously I don't know his preference)

- Being a dress piece, it's not designed to blend in, so he'll be spotted easier.

- It's obviously an item of pride to the owner, but running around an airsoft field, through bushes and brambles, kneeling or lying down, potentially slipping over, all risk damaging the clothes and ruining them. Why risk damaging a replica piece? Something designed for combat rather than ceremony is going to be harder-wearing, and isn't going to look so ruined if exposed to harsh treatment.

Of course, people are allowed to turn up in Spiderman outfits if they want. Airsoft is supposed to be fun. But kit designed for real combat has advantages that transfer over to airsoft in the same way that people use Magpul assists on their magazines or red-dot sights on their guns. Hope that makes more sense.

EDIT: I've just re-read my original post, and realized you might have been referring to the second paragraph. That part just referred to the fact that people may be more willing to accept a SS combat uniform than a dress uniform on the grounds that it makes less of a statement about the ideology behind the faction.

• Supporters

- It doesn't look like he's got anywhere to store spare magazines, batteries, water, anything else that someone might want to take onto a airsoft field, and if he's wearing it purely because he likes the style, he might not want to be adding bags or pouches that wouldn't fit the uniform (emphasis on 'might', obviously I don't know his preference)

To be fair though, most hires don't either. I don't carry much beyond a spare mag or two in a pocket these days.

Being a dress piece, it's not designed to blend in, so he'll be spotted easier.

It's basically all black, I wear a black top and camo trousers, but I do regularly see people turning up to woodland in Black kit

- It's obviously an item of pride to the owner, but running around an airsoft field, through bushes and brambles, kneeling or lying down, potentially slipping over, all risk damaging the clothes and ruining them. Why risk damaging a replica piece? Something designed for combat rather than ceremony is going to be harder-wearing, and isn't going to look so ruined if exposed to harsh treatment.

>Not using an item designed to get used in fear of it getting used.
Do you not take pride in your gear? Your rifle? Do you take so much pride in your gear that you actually own several plate carriers and ARs, but run around in pyjamas knife killing everyone incase the AR/Plate carrier become mucky?

Can't say I'd wear it skirmishing -based on the perceived beliefs of the wearer- but god damn, I'll defend his right to wear it if he wants. As did all those who died on both sides.

This, to me, comes down to a very simple rule:

He has the right to free speech (which I think we can agree this is) and you DO NOT have the right to not be offended.

• Supporters

To be fair though, most hires don't either. I don't carry much beyond a spare mag or two in a pocket these days.

Being a dress piece, it's not designed to blend in, so he'll be spotted easier.

It's basically all black, I wear a black top and camo trousers, but I do regularly see people turning up to woodland in Black kit

>Not using an item designed to get used in fear of it getting used.

Do you not take pride in your gear? Your rifle? Do you take so much pride in your gear that you actually own several plate carriers and ARs, but run around in pyjamas knife killing everyone incase the AR/Plate carrier become mucky?

Can't say I'd wear it skirmishing -based on the perceived beliefs of the wearer- but god damn, I'll defend his right to wear it if he wants. As did all those who died on both sides.

This, to me, comes down to a very simple rule:

He has the right to free speech (which I think we can agree this is) and you DO NOT have the right to not be offended.

Well said. 👏

Fair enough on those points, I see that there's different ways of looking at it. For me personally though, it would be a little unsuitable (even if you forget what the uniform actually represents). While I do take pride in my gear (weapons etc), I find clothes are a little more disposable. Army surplus stuff is cheap, and I don't worry too much is a tear opens up somewhere, but if I owned a piece of ceremonial gear I wouldn't want it getting damaged. Although I do see your point on how you could easily spend just as much on combat gear such as plate carriers (that said, I'd still expect them to be more hard-wearing than something designed to be worn at parades)

The uniform itself isn't something that would offend me (although I wouldn't approve), and I wouldn't say anything if someone turned up to a skirmish in one, but as I said, there wouldn't be a particularly warm welcome from the players in general, and I'm not sure why someone would choose to invoke that reaction.

My original point wasn't that he shouldn't or couldn't wear it, I was simply questioning whether the drawbacks were worth it.

Guys, I suggest we let this troll and his stupid uniform alone. He's probably loving all this attention, which is why he's chosen this uniform. Let's not feed his ego and just ignore him.

I 've avoided calling troll, though I just found the thread on zeroin and in the title it states "first time on airsoft forums...." - A blatant lie, he's been here since July. Love the way no one responded to his use of "etc" over there.

His lack of follow up makes it feel like we're in a Petri-dish for his entertainment.

The only mystery is why there is zero effort to obfuscate his identity.

I was reading some of the zero one replys & as I said to my mate

"While German sciences have benefited this world (rockets for a start). My grandad & other relatives served during ww1, he was a fire fighter during ww2, my dad was born in 1938 & lived while those German sciences were raining down & killing people, while U boats were sinking ships, while they were comiting genocide"

I wouldn't be surprised if he finds himself taking more face shots than usual at his next outing, can imagine the safety briefing now ''please try and aim for centre mass rather than head shots, unless your the plank dressed in the Waffen-SS uniform. Feel free to shoot him in the Ears & index fingers.'' :P

To me it stinks of bad taste, but then so do all the fake twitter accounts of Hitler etc that post jokes that people share on and think are funny. I'm sure if he's actually brave/stupid enough to skirmish it he will grow tired of the negative/abuse it attracts and will ditch it to become 'the knob who wore the ss uniform'

• Supporters

I was reading some of the zero one replys & as I said to my mate

"While German sciences have benefited this world (rockets for a start). My grandad & other relatives served during ww1, he was a fire fighter during ww2, my dad was born in 1938 & lived while those German sciences were raining down & killing people, while U boats were sinking ships, while they were comiting genocide"

And then America dropped the atom bomb on Japan and European and Russian soldiers pillaged and raped.

Everyone seems to forget that war crimes and atrocities were committed by all sides even us stiff upper lip brits.

Its all point of view. I wouldnt wear it and dont quite get why anyone would.

But its his choice its not really harming anyone so no real issue either.

In my opinion I don't think there's anything worse you could possibly wear. To the people comparing other atrocities throughout time by various countries. None of it can compare to what the nazis did.

I guess another angle is the possibility of there being any Jewish or German airsofters on site at the time? This would surely heat things up. I'm wondering what the legality of it is?

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.