New guy here - advice on a cheap gun

Bowerz
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi there,

Looking to buy a cheap airsoft gun. I was looking a hwile back but never thought to look again. I want a semi auto rifle two-tone (been thinking the M4A1). the most i really want to spend it £50. I've seen a few cheap ones rated around 150fps but i would like something a bit stronger. I have a .22 air rifle but thats just for vermin, i want something i can do a bit of knocking cans down with and mess around with friends (who have airsoft rifels) in a private woods i have access to. It might not have to be two tone as i have a UK firearms liscence for a shotgun i own, i don't know if that will count instead of being part of an airsoft association.

Sorry for so many things in one post but any info would be much appreciated!

Liam

• AF-UK Founding Member

The firearms license won't help you I'm afraid.

You won't get anything that great for £50 I'm afraid, you'd be better off tripling your budget for something solid. If you don't want to change it then it's just a case of whatever you can find but don't expect it to have a long lifespan.

• Supporters
It might not have to be two tone as i have a UK firearms liscence for a shotgun i own.

Still has to be a 2 tone im afraid, your shotgun license only covers the shotgun, very stupid i know but its the law :)

Ok, that a shame, thanks for the info guys.

If that's the case, what would you say the cheapest UK retailer is and i'll have a look round there. I've heard JG are ok specs wise but may be poorly manufactured, but that also makes them cheaper, is this true?

Liam

yes but for now they are shut down, not sure how my JG G36c got here but i think someone else is manafacturing them for JG or something

yeah i shopped there 4 times, great delivery speeds and stuff

Archived