ASG CZ Skorpion Evo owners ?

Razorbreed
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The standard mags are a funny size and I found they wouldn't fit in the same pouches a MP7 mag would. As stated though you can get a couple in a double M4 pouch.

I waa originally gonna get a scar L / ak so baught vest with standard pouches that was in a black Friday sale, noob error but if I can fit two in each pouch thatl work great since theyre like half a normal midcap anyway

I haven't used the mid cap. It looks a little funny mounted and I quite like the fact that I have to be careful with ammo.

Plus no one else in my squad ever changes mags (or needs to carry any) and I think that takes something away from the experience.

Four mags is plenty for half a day's game. Rebomb at lunch

Plus I have my secondary.

yeh i think it was confirmed they won't fit in mp5 pouches but they do fit in double m4 pouches, i'm still trying to find something similar to official ones but as yet no luck

I had 3 in kangaroo pouches, fitting tightly, but in my open m4 pouches I kept loosing them while sprinting.

Erm I have this

Look at this on eBay:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131644035209

Viper Tactical MP5 Triple Mag Pouch Modular System MOLLE HK MPG BT Airsoft Army

And mine fit in each of the three holders. It's snug the first few times but the seem to give a little.

but they do fit.

• Supporters

Got my Scorpion back yesterday. Fixed and working nicely J.

Mag pouch wise I’m looking at making myself some Kydex quick pull mag pouches. I have everything required but just trying to work out a way where I don’t ruin mags during the process.

• Supporters

Wrap them in tape, stops the kydex sticking to them.

that's not my concern. Tape you wrap regardless, it's more the temperature of the Kydex once heated up. The mag itself will be fine but the feed lip may not be able to take it

• 1 month later...
  • Supporters

Decided to give this a try for my Scorpion mags. Blue Force Gear MP7 chest rig. Can’t say I’m impressed about the price of it but I’ve tried several different MP5/MP7 magazine pouches and my mags don’t fit.

Other options I was considering were Kydex pouches but with mounts and postage I was looking at £100+, WAS 9mm quick mag pouches but would have needed another belt to mount them on. For £114.99 I’m hoping this will be worth it but given the brand I’m sure it will be.

MP7-Chest-Rig-Front-MC-600x400_zpsnmxfjr

• Supporters

I’ve gone with that one because the MP7 mags are wider than the Scorpion mags so it should fit. I know another Scorpion owner who’s using one from the USA and he said his mags fit perfectly so hopefully it will be the same for me. If not I can send it back can’t i.

• Supporters

I felt pretty confident that the EVO mags were wider, so I got them side by side to check. The TM AEP mags are for the most part around half the width of the ASG Scorpion magazines, the only exception being the anti over-insertion flanges on the MP7 mags that are just a shade wider than the body of the EVO mags. Now the Marui is notorious for being slightly off scale, but it's only by about 15% IIRC and there's no way the magazines are that far off that any airsoft MP7 has wider bodied magazines than the Scorpion does.

This isn't to say the BFG TenSpeed elastic won't stretch far enough but given the size different it's likely going to be.. a stretch. Given the discolouration and damage you'll potentially do to the elastic by stretching it that far beyond its' intended limit I'm not sure how likely any store would be to offer a refund given that you're using the chest rig for a totally unintended weapon platform.

Not raining on what you've been told already, just some stuff to bear in mind.

• Supporters

Their website shows various mags inserted into the pouches so I'm hoping it'll just about fit. The guy who uses this says they fit ok just snug which is a good thing I suppose but I'll update on the fit when it arrives.

I keep them in this, in pairs:

http://www.flyyeindustries.com/ArticleShow.asp?ProdID=0795

Any odd ones I just shove in the kangaroo pouch. It does mean that when I get a spare moment when two out of the three spaces in the kangaroo pouch are empty I have to move pairs from the above pouch, but its cheap and easy.

• Supporters

(personally) zero fucks about the HPA, fair various reasons.

There will be very little accuracy gain from the longer barrel on the carbine, this is airsoft, but a longer, M-LOK compatible handguard that works on this platform is something I'm very excited about. I looked in to getting one of the RS ones hoping it might fit the ASG Evo since it's built so similar to the real sub-machine gun, but alas no luck.

• Supporters

Agree with CKinnerley on the hpa.

Not sure on the carbine either best thing about the evo is its light and pointable which makes it an awesome cqb gun, making it longer just removes what I like most about it.

Maybe they will release a conversion kit for current owners though because I assume the receivers are the same.

• Supporters

Yeah I asked ASG about that at SHOT, literally same everything on the carbine/integrally suppressed vs the original SMG, just the barrels and handguards changed. The ones they had at the show had nice, solid selectors as well, apparently they've been "working on the manufacturing to improve that".

HPA would only be worth it if it was GBB, you don't need the tunabillity on an SMG as it's always going serve that sweet spot of 320fps and close to medium quarters.

Just swapped my scorpion for a Tippmann M4 and GBB is awesome.

Archived