ASG CZ Skorpion Evo owners ?

Razorbreed
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Morning guys, seems like the best place to ask my question - rather than starting a new thread.

Picked up my evo and skirmished it last weekend. I had a question about the battery fitment.

I got the ASG 11.1v lipo stick which ASG say was developed to work with the Evo, but it hardly fits in the hole. Is this normal?

It does go in and slides all the way to the bottom, but interferes with the cover for the hop - I can slide the bolt - but if I press the release it catches on the battery and I have to mavouver it to close and cover the hop adjustment screw.

Worth me asking ASG?

What batteries are you guys using?

Thanks

SS

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where are these made?

I'm interested in a CZ, at least they're on my shortlist, and the idea of a European made airsoft is intriguing.

When i put mine in i fijd its the barrel that is the problem not the battery. Adjust from the other end and itll slip straight in. Also i use the little rubber band i got with it to keep the wires tight to the barrel to stop it snagging too. Just my 10p in

Hmm the barrel you say? Didn't notice a problem with that. Are you sliding the battery along the inside of the upper receiver and having the wires sticking out or doing it wires first and having the but of the battery sticking out?

I have the asg stick battery. Mine slides along the top of the gun and the wires stick out which i band one to the barrel and plug the other in keeping them neat. I find its the end of the barrel with the case casuing it to look like the wires / battery is causing a problem but it isnt :)

Well I think I'll drop ASG and email and see what they say.

Something doesn't seem right.

Shame I got the AEG from one retailer and the battery from patrol base. Doubt they'll take the battery back given the damage to the outside.

Ill show you how my battery sits tomorrow. I need to take it to chrono the new spring and get a few new bits

Wow! Made in Denmark! Expensive place to make stuff Scandinavia in general.

And just yesterday I was saying to a guy in a shop "Oh no it won't be made in Denmark, far too expensive, it'll be somewhere much cheaper." I'll have to eat my words now.

All the exterior moulds are made there and the gearbox too!

Thanks bud, I've seen that Vid.

My battery is the single stick type - so how it fits isn't really a problem.

It's just that it barely fits in and interacts with the hop adjustment slide (stops it from closing under its own spring when you press the release)

I'll have a play with it tonight and if I can't get it to work freely I'll drop ASG a line.

Thanks

SS.

Thanks bud, I've seen that Vid.

My battery is the single stick type - so how it fits isn't really a problem.

It's just that it barely fits in and interacts with the hop adjustment slide (stops it from closing under its own spring when you press the release)

I'll have a play with it tonight and if I can't get it to work freely I'll drop ASG a line.

Thanks

SS.

yeah i thought i had it down to a T but today im have the same problem as you, its being a right bitch where the slide doesnt open fully and is causing issues the bloody thing. seems like the wires from the gun is pushing the batter too much over to the right for the spring thingy(cant think of the damn name) to push the slide back

• Supporters

yeah i thought i had it down to a T but today im have the same problem as you, its being a right bitch where the slide doesnt open fully and is causing issues the bloody thing. seems like the wires from the gun is pushing the batter too much over to the right for the spring thingy(cant think of the damn name) to push the slide back

The evo has quite an excess of wire which can get in the way.

I find the best set up is the split pack with deans connectors and to cut the wire back so the connector only just clears the receiver.

The evo has quite an excess of wire which can get in the way.

I find the best set up is the split pack with deans connectors and to cut the wire back so the connector only just clears the receiver.

I spose thats an option. I dont feel comforitible doing it myself so ill drop it by my shop next week

On a slightly difffent note -

Has anyone experienced, or heard of, any problems with the rear sling points?

Given the polymer the AEG is made of im assuming they're not going to have a problem, but just curious if anyone has managed to break them with a sling.

Bloody hell bite the bullet and have a go. Airsoft guns are not much more difficult than Meccano so no need to be afraid of them.

I know but a 300 quid gun and i have literally no electrical experience so i dont feel comforible trying things like this. Drilling and adjustments i dont mind as i have milling experience and etc. Thanks for the confidence though :D

My sling point looks sturdy enough, truth is it's to small to fit my one point well and I had to use a keyring loop to mount my sling.

I'm plenty experienced enough to Mod my wires, but as long as my product is in warranty I just wouldn't. Seen it to many times when something unrelated breaks and they bleach you holding the bag because you took spanners to it.

Glad I'm not the only one having issues - but I feel your pain.

I had a play with it tonight and it seems that I can make it work most of the time if I put it in a certain way around. By having the wires coming off the battery on the same side as the wires inside the chamber (same side as the hop and the slide handle on the same side as the bolt release)

One of my battery wires is a little damaged from all this activity but I've taped it back up.

Hope this works - or I'll see if ASG will swap the battery for the 3 piece type - even if they are a lower spec.

SS

• Supporters

I'm plenty experienced enough to Mod my wires, but as long as my product is in warranty I just wouldn't. Seen it to many times when something unrelated breaks and they bleach you holding the bag because you took spanners to it.

Changing the connectors and trimming your wires won't affect your warranty. Warranty covers manufacturing defects and as long as your point of failure isn't related to the area you touched your warranty stands.

If you crack open a gearbox to change a spring or piston and one of your gears breaks a week a later then they can try and blame you but remember the onus to prove the point of failure is your fault is on them and proper independent testing would cost thousands so trying to prove it if you kick up a fuss is not feasible.

Airsoft shops like to try it on but remember very few airsoft techs are actual engineers so are not actually qualified to make a judgement that would stand up in small claims so always argue and mention legal action and they usually cave in very quickly.

I have butted heads with a few and after a quick discussion they have always come round to my point of view.

Archived