AEG with "Hybrid" sights

callumbagshaw

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I have a very basic low-end red dot sight that I love, the only problem is that when conditions are damp, it tends to fog up a bit.

I'm going to buy an eotech replica holographic sight, but I've seen these "flip on/off" magnifiers that you can also buy.

This is to put onto a G&G M4 firing at roughly 320FPS with reasonable accuracy (it's no DMR...).

Here's the exact one I'm looking at:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sight-Holographic-Tactical-552-Type-Red-Green-Reflex-Dot-Sight-3X-Magnifier-/201394660269?hash=item2ee40ea3ad

Do you think that the magnifier is worthwhile, or would it just be a gimmick?

P.S. I know that a lot of people say that red dots/holographics aren't worthwhile in airsoft anyway, but my M4 came without rear sights anyway, and since I prefer an optic to rear sights, let's not bother with that discussion here...

Thanks,

Cal.

Having used a magnifier on several setups, they aren't that useful.

I tended to use mine to spot the enemy rather than engage. They can add a bit of unnecessary weight to the gun too. Sure, they're cool, but magnified optics like a spectre or acog work better than a flip to side combo.

Having used a magnifier on several setups, they aren't that useful.

I tended to use mine to spot the enemy rather than engage. They can add a bit of unnecessary weight to the gun too. Sure, they're cool, but magnified optics like a spectre or acog work better than a flip to side combo.

You might well have just saved me £35 :)

• Supporters

Airsoft flip to side stuff is almost always awful (I'm sure someone has received one that was great), the glass used isn't very high quality and they never line up properly. That and at the distance your airsoft gun can shoot if you need magnified optics to hit a man sized target you should probably get to specsavers!

A real EOTech magnifier when combined with a real EOTech/Aimpoint sight on the other hand is an awesome combo... but at a pretty horrendous cost!

Airsoft flip to side stuff is almost always awful (I'm sure someone has received one that was great), the glass used isn't very high quality and they never line up properly. That and at the distance your airsoft gun can shoot if you need magnified optics to hit a man sized target you should probably get to specsavers!

A real EOTech magnifier when combined with a real EOTech/Aimpoint sight on the other hand is an awesome combo... but at a pretty horrendous cost!

Yeah, paying in excess of $1000 would be pretty stupid to put on a £200 BB gun haha!

Thanks, I'll steer clear!

Most cheap Chinese optics tend to fog up with damp or humid conditions, Eotech replicas included.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.