How to remove RIS rail

Alex Whittle
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Gr15? you cant it is a RIS system hanguard, and generally, you would want that on there? But you would, i believe, have to buy a new hand guard, and stuff as the top rail runs along the top, you either return for a GR16 or something, or you sort of have to spend a fair bit removing and replacing lol :P

Gr15? you cant it is a RIS system hanguard, and generally, you would want that on there? But you would, i believe, have to buy a new hand guard, and stuff as the top rail runs along the top, you either return for a GR16 or something, or you sort of have to spend a fair bit removing and replacing lol :P

No CM16, so if i wanted to spray just the rail then i have to cover up the rest of the gun?

• Supporters

DSCN1954_resize.JPG

this model?

Looks like its bolted to the upper receiver, why do you need to remove the RIS unit isn't the battery in the stock?

I've no experience with these RIS units myself (Good old delta ring :))

Should try looking in your manual usually they show a good parts takedown, even if you cant read half of it :P

Lets us know how you get on!

DSCN1954_resize.JPG

this model?

Looks like its bolted to the upper receiver, why do you need to remove the RIS unit isn't the battery in the stock?

I've no experience with these RIS units myself (Good old delta ring :))

Should try looking in your manual usually they show a good parts takedown, even if you cant read half of it :P

Lets us know how you get on!

Yep thats the one, yes the battery is in the stock. The manual is good but it doesn't show you really, how to take the RIS handguard off. But it's really annoying cause all i wanna do is spray it :(

you have to take the front sight off. If you look at it then you will see two logs int he side which need punching out with a screwdriver/allen key and a hammer, you will also find a VERY small grub screw underneath which needs to come out. You will then find that the sight and a disc will inscrew from front of the handguard. You may have to undo a grub screw from the disc, wich can be accessed fromt he underside of the rail.

You may also have another small screw to do down the back end of the rail as it secures to the barrel or body of the gun.

Do a youtube search, it may help, as it is a bit hard to describe.

i swear that the G&G combat machines dont have removable sites so it generates a large problem, or not, cover it up well, and you will be fine

:)

ok, after a bit of diging, it seems the front sights are molded onto the barrel!!!! This means you have to remove the barrel. According to someone on the net this si done by two small grub screws on the under side of the barrel, somewhere, but according to someone else there are not and you just need to "bang" it! So to remove the rail, which is free floating, you remove the whole barrel and sights as one, and then unscrew the rail. This is actually a simpler job than trying to get the front barrel off.

http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/M4-front...al-t175478.html

http://www.airsoftcore.com/aegs/p2_articleid/386

http://www.airsplat.com/Items/ER-GG-CM-M4-TAN.htm

Archived